“The Most Amazing Hotel in Greece!”
Review of Alkyon Hotel

Alkyon Hotel
Ranked #17 of 82 Hotels in Mykonos Town
Austin, TX
“The Most Amazing Hotel in Greece!”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

I absolutely recommend this hotel to EVERYONE! I spent two weeks in Greece and stayed at a variety of places ranging from a hostel for 10 euros a night all the way up to a 5-star hotel. Believe me when I say this is hands-down the best hotel in all of Greece! The views are amazing. The hotel is extremely clean. The rooms are spacious. The breakfast is delicious. And best of all, the hosts are AMAZING! Sophia is without a doubt the best concierge on the planet. She is not only extremely helpful with everything you could ask, but also seems genuinely happy to be of service. That is a rare thing in the hotel world. Sophia made our stay so wonderful that it exceeded all expectations. The hotel runs a free shuttle to take you to/from the port, Sophia arranged the rental of a moped for us, and she gave us the most accurately description of the island that we could have asked for. She has fantastic restaurant recommendations, wonderful entertainment insights, and made us feel truly welcome to stay at the hotel. Sophia also fluently speaks several languages including Greek (obviously), English, and French. She may speak others as well but those are the ones I heard. The price is extremely reasonable considering the great location, the amazing views, and the stellar service!

The location of the hotel is excellent - located on a hill overlooking Mykonos town, which provides for incredible views. It's only about 400 meters to walk down the hill to the town. The hike up and down the hill is very manageable for most people. However, in full disclosure, if you are a senior citizen or mobility-impaired, the hotel is probably in a very inconvenient location for you. If you don't fall into one of those two categories, this is absolutely the hotel for you!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Wrexham, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Would highly recommend the Alkyon Hotel in Mykonos. Spotlessly clean, towels changed every day, breakfast is good. Day of check out we were able to stay in our room until 12 when our free transfer to the airport was ready.

The views were tremendous. Down side was the hike into town, great going down, but hard work returning, but taxi,s back are cheap

Room Tip: It does promise Internet through out, we had sea facing room 123, only had access in the room on day...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Liverpool
Reviewed April 27, 2013

We've just returned from a one week stay at the Alkyon and could fault nothing. The whole experience was wonderful. Sophia and her family are lovely and could not do enough to ensure our holiday was a memorable experience.
The hotel is situated on the hill and it is quite a steep walk into the town which is not for the elderly or the infirm.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I stayed at this hotel with a group of friends in Summer 2011 and it was nothing short of a wonderful experience - starting with the complimentary bus that was sent to collect us from the airport. Once at the hotel, check in was a breeze and the reception area inviting. Sophia (the manager) answered any questions we had and was always super friendly and helpful throughout our stay. The view from the Alkyon is incredible - a major plus of the hotel. If I had to be picky, I'd say that a pool side bar would have been great. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Greensboro, Alabama
Reviewed April 6, 2013

We went in this hotel last summer (July 2012) and we enjoyed it.It is a nice hotel, 500 meters from the city though but you get nice views.The staff there is very helpful and nice with the visitors.Swimming pool was fantastic with lounge chairs and a pool bar from where you could get nice snacks and drinks during the day.The only negative was the Wi-Fi connection.Sometimes we could not get strong signal.If we ever consider to go back we would not have had any hesitation to choose Alkyon for our stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Tours, France
Reviewed April 5, 2013

I went in Alkyon as a part of a business trip in last September.This hotel is very well located 500 meters away from the city centre and it offers magnificent views of the town and the sea water.When I decided to visit Mykonos I already knew that I wanted a nice hotel in a peaceful location.So Alkyon was all these.They organised my pick up from the port (even though my ferry arrived late), a beautiful room with a big double bed and a nice balcony enjoying the sea.Breakfast was delicious with fresh meal products and it was prepared by the mother of the family (it is a family owned hotel).Sophia was very friendly and hospitable.When I was ready to leave I promised that I would be back and I will (I have already booked for this year)!

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms that are above of the reception area.These are very guiet and they offer nice view...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Kensington, Australia
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Well, this was my first time in this hotel and I did not feel disappointed.This is a nice, clean hotel centrally located.Sophia was the best host ever! She was responsible in the front desk always with a smile in her face,very hospitable. Our room was large consisting of a king size bed and a big bathroom with a bath tub and a good hot water.Our balcony was facing the Mykonos town and the harbour.Our arrival & departure shuttle service was really fast.We were very happy with our choice.We will apsolutely be back the next time.Why don't you try either?

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple