“Lovely hotel with a super host”
Review of Alkyon Hotel

Alkyon Hotel
Ranked #17 of 82 Hotels in Mykonos Town
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I stayed at this hotel with a group of friends in Summer 2011 and it was nothing short of a wonderful experience - starting with the complimentary bus that was sent to collect us from the airport. Once at the hotel, check in was a breeze and the reception area inviting. Sophia (the manager) answered any questions we had and was always super friendly and helpful throughout our stay. The view from the Alkyon is incredible - a major plus of the hotel. If I had to be picky, I'd say that a pool side bar would have been great. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed April 6, 2013

We went in this hotel last summer (July 2012) and we enjoyed it.It is a nice hotel, 500 meters from the city though but you get nice views.The staff there is very helpful and nice with the visitors.Swimming pool was fantastic with lounge chairs and a pool bar from where you could get nice snacks and drinks during the day.The only negative was the Wi-Fi connection.Sometimes we could not get strong signal.If we ever consider to go back we would not have had any hesitation to choose Alkyon for our stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 5, 2013

I went in Alkyon as a part of a business trip in last September.This hotel is very well located 500 meters away from the city centre and it offers magnificent views of the town and the sea water.When I decided to visit Mykonos I already knew that I wanted a nice hotel in a peaceful location.So Alkyon was all these.They organised my pick up from the port (even though my ferry arrived late), a beautiful room with a big double bed and a nice balcony enjoying the sea.Breakfast was delicious with fresh meal products and it was prepared by the mother of the family (it is a family owned hotel).Sophia was very friendly and hospitable.When I was ready to leave I promised that I would be back and I will (I have already booked for this year)!

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms that are above of the reception area.These are very guiet and they offer nice view...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Well, this was my first time in this hotel and I did not feel disappointed.This is a nice, clean hotel centrally located.Sophia was the best host ever! She was responsible in the front desk always with a smile in her face,very hospitable. Our room was large consisting of a king size bed and a big bathroom with a bath tub and a good hot water.Our balcony was facing the Mykonos town and the harbour.Our arrival & departure shuttle service was really fast.We were very happy with our choice.We will apsolutely be back the next time.Why don't you try either?

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 30, 2013

We have been to this nice hotel 3 times already. It has been reniewed recently, rooms are big and clean service excellent. It has one of the most beautiful views of all Mykonos from its elegant pool, also most of the room have nice view. Very good balance between quality and price for a 4 star hotel in Mykonos. The staff are friendly, very nice and always trying to satisfy our requests! Sophia and her family make our staying relaxed and delightful...we feel at home!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

Loved the views the hotel offers, buffet breakfast was lovely and not so much in the busy area of Mykonos. Regular bus near by to take you to the beaches and town. The hotel is quite stunning. Sophia was quite helpful (family owned hotel)

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Deedianne
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I definitely expected more from the Alkyon Hotel. It's a nice hotel, but that's it. First of all, the check-in was pretty terrifying. We had to wait for 4-ish hours for our sea-view room... but the room they gave us only had a "white-wall-view", was dirty and smelled horribly (not even sure that it was a room for hotel guests!). Since they didn't have any rooms left, we had to spend the first night there. The next day, we got the right room, which was okay (a bit small and average looking, but clean and with a very nice view). But we kinda had to fight for it...
Breakfast at Alkyon was terrible, no choice at all, the worst "breakfast-experience" I've ever had. Seriously.
Apart from that, everything was fine. Awesome location with a stunning view of Mykonos Town and the Aegean Sea (and, of course, the BEAUTIFUL sunsets!!!). It takes you 5 minutes with the car/scooter/quad to the chora, and about 15-25 minutes by foot.
But still, I'm definitely not going to stay at the Alkyon again, since I've stayed in better hotels in Mykonos, which were even cheaper.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends