“Wonderful hotel with a great staff”
Review of Alkyon Hotel

Alkyon Hotel
Ranked #17 of 83 Hotels in Mykonos Town
Reviewed September 21, 2012

I spent my vacation time in this hotel for ony 1 night with a group of friends.So I did not want something special or luxurious.Alkyon Hotel has actually all these.It is a very nice hotel on the top of the town but very close to it.The view is beautiful.You can enjoy the sea and the city centre like you are in the sky.Everything is in a very short distance ( bars,restaurants,shops ).
We hired a small car from the hotel in order to drive around and Sophia gave us some good directions on where to go and what will be interested to see.When we ever visit Mykonos we will definitely stay in this hotel!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed September 21, 2012

I stayed here with my girlfriend for five nights during the first half of September and were extremely impressed. It has an outstanding view overlooking the town and the sea, a great swimming pool and pool area, great bar, first class staff and lovely rooms. I couldnt recommend it higher. Also had good buffet breakfast.

There is an easy enough walk down to the town from the hotel, however we always got a taxi back up as it was quite a climb. Taxis never charged more than €5 so that wasnt an issue.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

On our recent trip to Mykonos, we were overwhelmed by how great this hotel was. First, the hospitality. Personal interaction from the outset matched the pleasantness and professionalism of my email dialogue with Sophia to secure a booking. During the course of our stay, although without having many requests, the service was prompt and attentive each time that we did. As an example of how great the service was, in our haste to move to the next hotel in Plati Gialos for the remainder of our stay (which, I might add, we regretted), I forgot some clothes in a bedside drawer; Not only was our new hotel prompted of this ahead of my discovering my lapse of concentration, but when I went to pick up the clothes from Alkyon, each item was individually folded and placed neatly in a bag for me to receive - I've got to say, I didn't expect this, but was greatly surprised. Location is good, but hire a quad bike or scooter - Don't bother walking, the expense for transport hire is reasonably nominal in the scheme of a stay in Mykonos. Go for a superior room - Ours was massive compared to the room we had in Plati Gialos, and had a private terrace which was great for watching the awesome sunset over a bottle of vino. Breakfast, too, was plentiful and tasty (and I'm a fussy eater). Overall, a great experience, and it won't be our last (This was our fourth trip to Mykonos, and we still haven't tired of it). Keep it up, Sophia and team!

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Our stay at Alkyon but nothing short of amazing! The staff is so attentive and polite, and always have a smiles on their faces... The hotel is a family business, and they're always there, taking care of their guests. They handle everything for you, from ferries, to cabs, to restaurant recommendations and reservations, to rides to the airport. The hotel […] is literally 5 minutes away from the airport, and about a 15 minute walk to Mykonos town. It is a perfect location! You don't want to be right in the middle of Mykonos town because it can definitely get a little too crazy... The hotel pool is absolutely amazing!!!!!!! The views are unbelievable, the drinks are great, the blues from the pool, ocean and sky are from a Conde Nast magazine! You will be in awe the entire time! The rooms are nice, clean, comfortable. The breakfast is very nice, pastries, fruits, veggies, cheeses, eggs, jams, cereals, yogurt, lots of stuff! The staff is really what makes the place, you feel right at home!!!

Room Tip: All rooms have excellent views. If you want to be in a more "private" area, then get a vil...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Alkyon hotel was perfect for my boyfriend and I.We went there because a friend of us recommend it. But the reviews on trip advisor were positive so we think why we do not give a try?When we arrived at the airport the hotel driver was waiting for us to take us to the hotel by a hotel mercedes bus.We felt very comfortable from the first moment as we thought that this movement was very professional (not all the hotel provide free pick up service)!When we entered the hotel we met Sophia who was very smily and she welcomed us very warm.She is a perfect hostess!Then we went in our room and we could not believe how big it was and what an amazing view was offered from our balcony.It was exactly what we wanted.Pool was great and the breakfast was big enough.We would like to thank alkyon hotel and the staff for this nice stay that we had with them!

Reviewed September 16, 2012

My husband and I stayed here on our honeymoon, and were absolutely thrilled with the place. It's situated at the top of the hill overlooking Mykonos town, and in our opinion has the best view of the sunset on the whole island. You can follow the path down to town in ten minutes. The people who run the hotel are so welcoming and accommodating, the rooms are nice, big and clean, and the pool is gorgeous! Breakfast is wonderful as well. I cannot recommend the Alkyon Hotel highly enough!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Airport pick up/drop off was fast and efficient with friendly driver.

Check in took longer than expected but we were sat out on the terrace with a drink and it was fine as the views are amazing from the terrace.

Rooms we small, clean lines and very well kept with balcony overlooking the town and perfect for taking in the sunsets which were stunning.

Pool area and pool bar were well kept and very chilled out. We never spent a day round there but had a few drinks.

Breakfast was only until 1030 so only went there twice. It was the usual, bread, croissants, scrambled egg, tea, coffee juice etc. It was fine.

The whole hotel was immaculate and the cleaner for the room did an amazing job every day. All in all I felt the Alkyon was very good value for money.

Apart from the setting of this hotel the stand out part was the friendliness and efficiency of the staff. They made us feel very welcome; nothing was too big or too small for them. They bent over backwards to ensure you had a pleasant stay and were well informed about the hotel, town, beaches and what the Island had to offer in general.

Having worked a season in Crete back in the day I had some pre misconceptions about our trip to Mykonos. All I can say is that I was blown away by service and standard of everything from the hotel to the bars, restaurants & beaches. This is NICE Greece and it does come at a price but definitely worth every penny!

Room Tip: Make sure you book Sea View and that you get it as some rooms don’t have a view at all and it makes...