“The best!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #14 of 82 Hotels in Mykonos Town
West Hollywood, California
“The best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

My husband and I stayed here on our honeymoon, and were absolutely thrilled with the place. It's situated at the top of the hill overlooking Mykonos town, and in our opinion has the best view of the sunset on the whole island. You can follow the path down to town in ten minutes. The people who run the hotel are so welcoming and accommodating, the rooms are nice, big and clean, and the pool is gorgeous! Breakfast is wonderful as well. I cannot recommend the Alkyon Hotel highly enough!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

Airport pick up/drop off was fast and efficient with friendly driver.

Check in took longer than expected but we were sat out on the terrace with a drink and it was fine as the views are amazing from the terrace.

Rooms we small, clean lines and very well kept with balcony overlooking the town and perfect for taking in the sunsets which were stunning.

Pool area and pool bar were well kept and very chilled out. We never spent a day round there but had a few drinks.

Breakfast was only until 1030 so only went there twice. It was the usual, bread, croissants, scrambled egg, tea, coffee juice etc. It was fine.

The whole hotel was immaculate and the cleaner for the room did an amazing job every day. All in all I felt the Alkyon was very good value for money.

Apart from the setting of this hotel the stand out part was the friendliness and efficiency of the staff. They made us feel very welcome; nothing was too big or too small for them. They bent over backwards to ensure you had a pleasant stay and were well informed about the hotel, town, beaches and what the Island had to offer in general.

Having worked a season in Crete back in the day I had some pre misconceptions about our trip to Mykonos. All I can say is that I was blown away by service and standard of everything from the hotel to the bars, restaurants & beaches. This is NICE Greece and it does come at a price but definitely worth every penny!

Room Tip: Make sure you book Sea View and that you get it as some rooms don’t have a view at all and it makes...
Dusseldorf, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

Alkyon hotel is a nice experience for anyone who wants to visit Mykonos and have a great time.
We did not use the hotel a lot as we spent our time on the beach and outside as it was our first time in Mykonos and we did not want to loose any moment of it.But generally the rooms are fine with simple furniture, clean linen and towels,free Wi-fi, large bathrooms (most of them with a bath tub) and nice balconies with an amazing sea view!Sophia who is the manager is a gorgeous girl,very friendly and generous to help.Breakfast was perfect, a variety of food to choose from.Swimming pool with the pool bar is really enjoyable.I could say that if anyone wants a good hotel in a good price this is the one that he/she has to choose for his/her stay!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

I work in a big business in Russia and when I travel I alway need to bring my own laptop for work purposes.So I did this, when I visited Mykonos and Alkyon hotel.I was clear from the beginning when I sent the first corespondence to Sophia."I need a nice room with a very good wifi signal as the most of my time I was going to spend it in my room because of my job".So this came true.When I checked in I was given a very nice tidy room with a private balcony looking over the bay and the port.Sophia in the front desk was very helpful and informative.She knows Mykonos very well so she gave some good island advises.I never had a problem with my internet connection.A free shuttle service is offered from the hotel too.So I am considering staying in this hotel again if I ever visit Mykonos in the future.I had all these that I asked so I could say that I am satisfied.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

We stayed at the Alkyon as a result of the reviews from trip advisor and we were not disappointed. The pick up from the airport was seamless, we had to wait for our room to ready which we could understand. However as we had booked a seaview room with a large terrace we were surprised to be offered a room under the stairs with no view. We did not accept this room and were offered another room which had a sea view but no large terrace. This was fine for us - but I would suggest to others that you need to ensure that you get the room that you book.
The staff in the hotel were great we rarely made breakfast but when we did it was good. The pool has a great view but is rather soulless. The room service wine incorporates both white and red! The white at E15 was good though and they happily delivered to the room.
The rooms were very clean and airy and well maintained. We would happily stay here again.

Room Tip: make sure that you get the type of room that you book!
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

What a fantastic hotel, made special by the wonderful staff. Sophia and the other staff members were fantastic! You could read all the great reviews...they are all true!
The rooms are large and clean, with great views and the breakfast was fantastic.The best that we have ever tasted.We loved the Greek homemade cake and creamy youghurt. A great hotel.
Mykonos is amazing,we loved it.Mykonos town is a picture perfect area with great restaurants and vibrant night life, a true gem.Stay at Alkyon, you will be truly amazed (as we were).
Thank you Sophia and staff for making it so special for us.Hope to see you again soon.
Best wishes Maria & Pavlo

Stansted Mountfitchet, null, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

My partner and I have stayed at the Alkyon since 1999 and it gets better and better each year. This year we took my partners parents as a 50th wedding anniversary surprise. Sophia and her family couldn't of done enough for as all as usual. Always friendly and so helpful. Tarin the pool bar guy was so friendly and everyone at the hotel my my in-laws feel relaxed and extremly welcomed. Yes we will being going back next year and wouldn't consider satying anywhere else except the Alkyon.

Room Tip: Most rooms have a sea view, the suites are very large and comfortable
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family