“Wonderful hotel, exceptional service!!”
Review of Villa Konstantin

Villa Konstantin
Ranked #2 of 66 Mykonos Town B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 24, 2006

I recently returned from a wonderful trip to greece that included 5 nights in mykonos and 3 in santorini. My cousin and his wife, my inlaws, and my wife and I all stayed in 3 seperate rooms at villa konstantin. We were all very impressed with the facilities and above all the exceptional service by sharon and her husband dimitri. All our rooms were very clean, comfortable and even had small kitchenettes. There was daily maid service and a wonderful breakfast included with the room fee. All the great reviews you may come across on this site are not exaggerated. This hotel truly is a gem!! The views from the veranda in front of our rooms was nothing but spectacular. We went on to stay at a hotel that was triple the price in santorini but could not compete with the hospitality and service we encountered at villa Konstantin. I chose to stay here based on the reviews on this site and am certainly glad I did. Sharon picked all 6 of us up from the airport and then accomodated us to the port for our departure. if I ever visit mykonos again I will be sure to stay at the villa konstantin. I would like to thank sharon and her husband again and urge anyone who is planning on traveling to mykonos to consider staying at the villa.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
63  Thank Lou5

Reviewed July 29, 2006

Villa Konstantin exceeded our expectations. The hopsitality and attention was available when we needed it - Sharon and her staff are both friendly and helpful from pick-up at the port, car rentals to interesting conversation over breakfast (which is served in a room with a spectacular view of the Sea).
Our room was spacious, clean, well kept and private. The location is exactly how it is described - far enough from the crowds and the noise but close enough to walk to town. Being high on a hill, you have a view of the Sea and beautiful sunsets. The photographs we took of the Town of Mykonos along the walk are postcard quality.
We will recommend Villa Konstantin to friends and family when they visit Mykonos.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
33  Thank RichNY1
Reviewed July 9, 2006

My wife and I intended to stay at Villa Konstantin for 3 nights and were to join my parents (who were visiting from India and had arrived at the hotel a night earlier). Right from the start, Sharon (the hostess) made us feel comfortable. She is an extremely kind, and genuinely very nice person. Sharon suggested the neighborhood sights and sounds including the beaches to visit with our parents, and those to visit without our parents (my wife and I are in our late 20's)! Sharon even offered her own beach umbrella so my parents could be comfortable. She also suggested renting a small car to cover the island and took care of the hassle of renting the car for us. For only 33 euros a day (including taxes and insurance), we were able to rent the car from the doorsteps of our room. The pick up for the rental was also from the hotel.

Location: The property is far enough (~600 meters) from town so you are not disturbed by the sometimes loud music that can be heard in the town in the wee hours of the morning on weekends, yet, the hotel is only 10-12 minutes by foot from town. Parking is free and very convenient at this location.

Room: My wife and I were put in a room called 'Greecophilia' (lover's studio). Our room was very clean and cozy, and had a beautiful view. It was cleaned everyday and the air conditioning was very effective. My parents had a bigger room (at slightly higher cost) and a terrace with a view to die for.

Recommendations: Don’t miss Elia beach for a relaxed kick back in the sun. If you prefer partying instead, visit Paradise beach around 3.30 – 4 pm for a great time. There is a very nice restaurant just a short walking distance from the hotel called El Greco. Over 30 years old, it defines the great hospitality of the Greek people and serves excellent local cuisine. For a cheaper yet decent alternative, there is Alexis just a few meters from the hotel.

I think the increased appreciation that we have for Villa Konstantin is from the help that Sharon and her husband (Dmitris) offered to us when our ferry from Mykonos to Santorini was cancelled two days in a row due to bad weather. Despite being in high season, Sharon offered us alternate rooms in the hotel when we could not leave Mykonos for 2 additional days. One of the nights, she even offered me and my wife a separate room from my parents, at no additional cost so we could have some privacy. Throughout this time, she communicated the revised weather update for the ferries, and even tried to negotiate with our hotel in Santorini. She let us use her fax facility at no additional cost. She put us at ease in a time of uncertainty and was very flexible and accommodating in every way possible.

Sharon, THANK YOU for a wonderful time and taking such good care of us. I cannot imagine a better place to holiday than with you again at Villa Konstantin. You made the difference in what could have been a nightmarish holiday at the end due to bad weather and what turned out to be a great vacation for our family.

• Stayed: July 2006
40  Thank Rdel
Reviewed July 3, 2006

:icon_grrs
Summer 2005 Mykonos Island, "Villa Konstantin"

How Else can I describe the terrible experience of last years holiday in Mykonos other than a living hell.
We arrived at the Villa Konstantin after reading excellent reviews about the place and confident that our holiday there would be as fantastic as every time we visit the island of Mykonos.

Upon arrival we were puzzled as to why the apartment looked nothing like any of the ones on the villas website. Greeted by a whole pack of the owners very barky dogs who's presence was obvious not only for the noise and the fact they came into the apartment every time we left the door open. but also by the mess dogs naturally make being of abundance within the grounds of the "villa" (Leaving the door open I must add was the only was of letting light into the apartment, the only window looking onto a dark allyway.)

We complained straight away and left the aforementioned establishment after one night checking into another complex instead. The villa's owner refused to give my partner his passport back unless we paid for the whole 7 days we had booked. A whole arguement ensued with us eventually getting the passport back after us having to call the police and the police having to remind the owner that it is an offence to hold someones passport without consent.
All I can add to this is if you are thinking pof staying at Villa Konstantin in Mykonos this summer then look at our experience, think of the dogs, the fact the room was nothing like the one advertised and the owners attitude.

Mykonos is a fantastic Island to visit and full of friendly local people who will be hospitable and treat you with respect. Its a shame this one establishment could give the Island a bad name.
Good Luck and have a great holiday :)

• Stayed: August 2005
27  Thank Travelbug303
Dimitri, Owner at Villa Konstantin, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2011

Quite a few years have passed since this review was posted but I remember this experience like yesterday. To begin with the guys were delighted with the size and cleanliness of the studio. It was a studio for four and they were two but I often give larger rooms to people staying for quite a few nights if I can. The problem began when they discovered there was no pool. Then one of the guys explained that he had a terrible fear of dogs and I totally understood and assured him he would not see my dogs again as i let them out early morning, mid day when most of the guests are at the beach and evening. My dogs are quiet and very well behaved so much so that most of my guests don't even know I have dogs. The next day they called me screaming that they had to check out immediately, it was around four or five in the afternoon. They told me they were paying for one night and one night only. I explained that it was already well into their second day and apart from that they had booked for a week. We have a standard cancellation policy here which is 50%. Any changes at least 21 days before arrival and there is no charge any changes less than 21 days and this is the cancellation fee which is clearly stated on my website. I asked them to pay for the first two nights and one extra night as I was trying my best to be fair but they threatened to go to the police. I told them to go if they wished as the police are fully aware of the cancellation policies but if they did I would insist that they pay the full cancellation amount. They returned an hour or so later telling me that the police had told them they only had to pay one night. By this time it was 7 or 8 and the whole experience was really making me ill. My husband stepped in at this point and called the police himself only to discover that the police had no idea what he was talking about because the guests had not even beem there. Then we insisted that the police really had to sort out the matter because it was an unbearable situation and the guys were not being honest with us. The police explained that they were obligated to pay and they guests were very angry. Finally they retuened to Villa Konstantin and paid the cancellation fee. My husband took care of it as I was no longer able to deal with them. As they paid on guy said "I'm a writer and this will not be the last you hear of this" or something to that effect. A year later they posted this review.

A TripAdvisor Member
San Francisco
Reviewed June 14, 2006

You've read the reviews, and they're all true. There's something quite special about staying at the Konstantin. You're treated like visiting family -- especially with the pickup at the port. Such a nice touch. The rooms are comfy and quiet -- and little kitty Daisy (or was it Maisy) greeted us each morning. She seemed to take a liking to us. The place just has a nice vibe about it.

The price is certainly right too. We were there at the perfect time -- the end of May -- before the rates changed. The weather was lovely then, and the crowds manageable. The rates do go up in high season, but not as much as other places. They've created a place where you feel like you're getting your money's worth. That's not easy to find.

We would love to go back to Mykonos someday, and if we do we'll be contacting Sharon and Dimitri for our reservations!

Stayed: May 2006
58  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 8, 2006

Our hostess was fantastic - picked us up at the ferry, gave us island tips, lent me a baseball cap - very hospitable. Though Mykonos town was a little disappointing (even off-season many cruise tourists, very expensive), we were so happy with Villa Konstantin - a refuge from it all. A peaceful place with cute little studios, up the hill from main town (be careful - don't get lost on the walk back up). Studios have a kitchenette, so you have your meals here too. If we ever go back to Mykonos, we'll stay at Villa Konstantin.

• Stayed: May 2006
58  Thank kcbunny
A TripAdvisor Member
Montreal, Québec, Canada
Reviewed June 2, 2006

We had the pleasure to know this small paradises corner. The pleasure and the happiness that these hosts have to manage their establishment does to feel itself on the customers. We a lot appreciated the places and we promise ourselves to repeat our experience. It would be domage of does not transmit information this small secret. To the pleasure of a next one.

Francis et Pierre,

#25 of 82 in Mykonos Town
Argo Hotel Mykonos
Argo Hotel Mykonos
#3 of 26 in Platys Gialos

Been to Villa Konstantin? Share your experiences!