So it's a bit confusing but Hermes Hotel is actually 2 locations. There is the hotel, situated atop a windy hill which I would caution against walking late at night as there are many blind-turns and the apartments which are located in the city center.
The hotel is the place with all the beautiful pictures on the website. GORGEOUS marble entrance/check-in/check-out area, pool and loung area and where breakfast is served. Even if you stay in the apartments they will serve u breakfast if you head to the hotel. PS. DO have the breakfast, not just a continental thing here and there, it's a beautiful, full-breakfast which is well worth getting up for.
The apartments are located in the center of town. They're not quite as updated as the main hotel but very spacious and for our purposes were perfect. We basically want to be able to hit beaches, have nice dinners and enjoy some good music which is exactly what we got.
Big pros: Location, location, location. Apartments were situation right in the city center, we were able to go to bars, grab dinner and then walk a short distance home. Right around the apartments are some of the liveliest, energetic bars in Mykonos, so much fun and perfect. Fast food and restaurant food was a walkable distance away. Malibu gyros was ammazingly good, I still think about it from time to time. The ultra convenient buses that take you to the beaches within Mykonos were nearly in front of apartments. We took cabs but when cab service was spotty, buses were super convenient.
Rooms were perfectly comportable but not luxurious which I was perfectly happy with, just didn't wnat to misrepresent (sorry Margarita, if you're reading this). Bathroom and kitchen were nice and updated.
The standout with Hermes is the customer service. We happened to meet Margarita, the owner, our first night there who picked us up from the port and drove us to check out both the hotel and apartment (we had booked the hotel but she took a look at our young selves and smartly suggested we consider the apartments. The apartments were also slightly cheaper so sweet. ). That alone was a huge gesture to me but she went on to surprise further. Margarita left us both the hotel # and her cell # (it was late night) in case we needed a cab during the later hours. We didn't end up bothering her but it was nice to know there was SOMEONE we could contact besides the hotel reception. She also okayed a pickup from the town if we wanted to have breakfast at the hotel and went on to be ultra helpful in having a staff member drop us off at the ferry port for our next destination (ferry transport is included in your rate) and called ahead to inform our next hotel of our arrive time, port and vessel we would be on. Margarita went above and beyond, it's clear that customer service is not only a priority but that she genuinely likes when people are happy and enjoy their stay.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hermes Mykonos Hotel is situated in a quiet, unspoiled and picturesque area, 5 minutes from Mykonos Town [Chora]. The breathtaking scenery of the white-colored houses with the sensational view of the sea and the surrounding islands blends in the most harmonious way with the arched emerald pool, easing your senses under the cloudless Greek sky. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, Cancelon, Hotwire, Expedia, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hermes Mykonos Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hermes Hotel Mykonos Town
- Hermes Mykonos Hotel Greece