Currently sunbathing overlooking the Aegean sea and Mykonos town, basking in the sun, thoroughly enjoying the Hermes hotel.
As is many previous reviews the hotel is situated above town, roughly 15 mins walk from town down the windy roads or one of two shortcuts, some would consider the walk quite steep, so if you have difficulties walking you will need a taxi.
Breakfast is basic but good, fresh ingredients, you can help yourself to coffee, tea, juices, egg, bacon, sausage, toast, greek breakfast, cereal and pastries, you won't go hungry!
Other reviews mentioned the noise of the passing traffic, you do hear it but soon get used to it, quads, mopeds and cars pass by regularly but this wouldn't put me off.
Rooms - We were allocated 212, spacious, fairly modern, balcony over looking the road and car park, bed is comfy, shower and bath with good pressure and decent temperature control, air con proved a little temperamental at times but did pump out cold air. Overall this is a nice bright room, I would rate it between 3 & 4*'s.
The hotel grounds and reception are immaculately kept, the staff work tirelessly to keep this place spotless, they are a great team, friendly and willing to help all the time.
It does get quite windy due to the location, with the wind rolling off the sea and up the hill, the sun can be quite deceiving due to the wind cooling you down, keep you sun tan lotion well topped up!
I would recommend the Hermes to anybody wanting a comfortable stay in Mykonos, this hotel does deserve it's 4*'s, it is typical of other Greek 4*'s I have stayed at.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hermes Mykonos Hotel is situated in a quiet, unspoiled and picturesque area, 5 minutes from Mykonos Town [Chora]. The breathtaking scenery of the white-colored houses with the sensational view of the sea and the surrounding islands blends in the most harmonious way with the arched emerald pool, easing your senses under the cloudless Greek sky. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and Hotel.de so you can book your Hermes Mykonos Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hermes Hotel Mykonos Town
- Hermes Mykonos Hotel Greece