“Wonderful stay”
Review of Giannoulaki Hotel

Giannoulaki Hotel
Ranked #69 of 82 Hotels in Mykonos Town
Reviewed September 16, 2009

We stayed at this hotel as part of a Greek Island Hopping package. The staff went out of their to be helpful and gave us tips on things to do on the island. Our room was large, the pool area was perfect for relaxing and the meals and drinks were reasonably priced. The gardens were very pretty and there is also a tiny but beautiful church in the grounds. Even though it is a little out of town catching the local bus wasn't a problem and added to the adventure.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends

Reviewed June 21, 2009

Do stay here! I was a bit hesitant about staying here after reading some reviews but I can't emphasise enough to go and make up your own mind. The hotel is beautiful with a fantastic pool. The mood is very much laid-back and cocktails by the pool. The staff were lovely and friendly. I stayed with my boyfriend and we had no problems at all. The slight negative is that it is a 10 minute walk to the start of town. Don't bother with the buses into town as they tend to be full but to come back, it is easy enough to catch a bus from the main square. However, if you don't mind a 10 minute walk, the location is good with a supermarket next door with better prices than most shops in the town.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 25, 2008

Do not stay at this hotel. The owner is evil and greedy and cancelled our booking and did not notify who we had booked through. She got 3 times more than what we had booked it for!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6  Thank Australian61
Giannoulis K, Guest Relations Manager at Giannoulaki Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Dear sirs

All the things you say are not true!
All the photos in our wesite are from the hotel complex.
We invite all of you to come and visit us in order to discover if the photos are real or not.
In the case of breakfast, the serving hours of the buffet are 07:30-10:30.
After that time, all guests can have breakfast with extra charge, like everywhere around the world.
We cannot stop people from writing bad and false things.
We just can proove our value through our service to customers.

Reviewed September 3, 2007

Just one warning: don't trust the Hotel's website! I have no idea where they found the pictures of the rooms appearing on the website...in any case, the rooms are small and dirty (I've stayed one week and the mosquito killed on the bathroom mirror had been there on the first day and was there I have left), not mentioning the hair everywhere (bed included).
None of the services listed in the website is available in the rooms.
The family is rude (do not even try to have breakfast one minute after the closing time or the woman will start yelling at you).
They think that the nice pool compensates for the smalleness of the rooms and the poorness of the services.
Don't go there.

Stayed: August 2007
6  Thank Italiangirl2007
Reviewed August 1, 2007

Although the hotel itself is quite nice the owners are incredibly unfriendly and not nice people at all. If you are Gay DO NOT stay at this hotel - I was literally assaulted by the owner and removed from the hotel because I kissed my partner on a sunbed round the pool late at night (no-one else was in sight apart from the owner and we weren't aware that he was actually there as he was hidden from view at the back of the bar). I could not believe that this would happen anywhere nowadays let alone 'gay-friendly' Mykonos - this hotel is certainly NOT gay friendly !!

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
9  Thank Nigel S
Reviewed August 8, 2006

Our experiance from this hotel was terrible. When we visit the website of the hotel, we saw several beautiful pictures and we booked. Unfortunatelly, what you see is not what you get and what you get is not worth what you are paying for. We were not staying at the main hotel, (which is nice), but to some appartments next to the hotel. When we arrived we found out that the bed linen was not that clear and we asked very polite to be changed. They changed it but the next morning the cleaning woman was very unpolite to us and told us that we should not complain etc. In the bathroom when we arrived there were one hair shiampoo and one for the body. Of course since we were two persons the second day we needed extra. They NEVER brought us extra. The last day we went to reception to pay. They asked how we would pay. The answer was with visa. "In that case" they told us "you will have an extra 3% charge unless you pay cash!!" SORRY, but in no place they warned their customers that the rates are differiantated according the way of payment. We are strongly do not reccoment this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled as a couple
12  Thank naco
Reviewed September 18, 2005

I nearly stayed here on a package with Kosmar but was totally put off by the bad reviews. So we ended up flying schedule and finding our own accommodation. Whilst we were there I thought I would go and take a look at the Giannoulaki just to see what it really was like and these are my thoughts
Very pretty, nice little patio areas, All on different areas, wonderful pool, very clean, simple furnishings, no tackiness. There was a little church being hand painted inside right on the complex which was lovely. If I had gone on this holiday it would have cost me £340 for a week with accommodation and flight. Instead I paid £315 for the flight (not direct but via Athens) and £300 for our room making our holiday costs £615. I don't regret doing this as we stayed in the totally fabulous Rania Apartments in town but if you are on a budget the Giannoulaki is probably one of the nicest package deal apartments I have ever seen.
Downsides are: you are not in town for your evening entertainment so my advice would be to get a moped or one of these four wheeler scooters that look much safer. You are only 5 mins from the centre of town then and very close to all the beaches - I personally think it looked miserable waiting for busses and taxi's etc. there are no decent places to eat near the apartments you have to go into town. You are in the middle of nowhere but only 5 mins from all the busyness of Mykonos town and the beaches.
All in all it is well worth the money

• Stayed: September 2005
#19 of 82 in Mykonos Town
Tharroe of Mykonos Hotel
Tharroe of Mykonos Hotel
#23 of 82 in Mykonos Town

Been to Giannoulaki Hotel? Share your experiences!