“Excellent Hotel!!! Spotless could not fault it!”
Review of Giannoulaki Hotel

Giannoulaki Hotel
Ranked #68 of 82 Hotels in Mykonos Town
Wigan, United Kingdom
“Excellent Hotel!!! Spotless could not fault it!”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Went here from 4th May for our honeymoon, was a wonderful holiday! hotel is so clean all staff very helpful and cannot do enough! room was cleaned everyday and new towels. Hired a quad for the week which the hotel arranged for us. Would definatley go again! Beautiful Island!!!! Thanks! xx

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rebecca r

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Greek first
Ferseta
Reviewed April 30, 2013

In the month of March I was in the city and stayed at this accommodation for few days. It was a great experience. Everything is perfect here- the food, the large rooms, luxurious bathroom, the staff members. I really enjoyed on beautiful beaches of city and my stay at this place was very refreshing. I will definitely recommend this hotel to my other friends.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Uttoxeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Stayed at this hotel and could not fault it,ideally situated 20 minutes walk each way to beach and town or bus at top of road with 30 minute service every day
Rooms clean and well kept and excellent restaurant
Family run with all of the staff very helpful
Nice little chapel at side which they allowed my wife to use
Very quiet while we were there but understand much busier earlier in year
Loved Mykonos town but found restaurants very expensive compared with other Greek islands
If you want the night life chose hotel in the town

Room Tip: All rooms have balconys but not all facing the pool
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Paul H
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Hotel located 1.5km out of town with local supermarkets / restaurants and petrol station within 3 minutes walk, found the hotel extremely clean, food was excellent stayed on a half board basis, really good sized pool with deep end, think the hotel has around 56 rooms. Staff very polite and friendly our waiter Nicholas could not do enough for us. If your going to Mykonos this is a very chic cosmopolitan island you wont see any football shirts or chavs here, you should hire car rather than mess about on buses the best beach in my opinion is Elia Beach, please don't pay much attention to the poor reviews there old and the hotel has obviously sorted out any problems it previously had. If you're planning to go out in Mykonos Town to eat dinner you should pack lots of money I would budget on £200-£300 per night for dinner drinks and clubbing per couple, I would recommend this hotel as a good base to explore the island and a good nights sleep. Bakery at Ano Mera on main road to Elia beach on the right does wonderful fresh baguettes and cakes.

Room Tip: lower number rooms closer to reception, ask for first floor if your ok with stairs
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TravellerFox007
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I have recently returned from this hotel, and must say that I thoroughly enjoyed my stay there. I was somewhat apprehensive at first after reading some of the mixed reviews on here, but the hotel more than exceeded my expectations in the end.
Location: This hotel is situated well out of the main town, probably a good twenty five minute walk into town down some very hectic roads (we never braved it as we had a car). Car or bike hire is a must if you stay here, this will really give you the opportunity to thoroughly explore the island and it's various beaches. Car hire is quite reasonably priced, and there are many throughout the island. Very quiet on an evening, I slept like a log every night!
Room: I think we may have been allocated one of the smaller rooms, but it was more than adequate. It had a bath with shower, hair drier, a small balcony (all rooms have various size balcony / terrace), a small tv (only received 1 English channel though; BBC News), as well as a fridge with an ice making section. My only slight complaint is that we were only provided with two small glasses in the bathroom (which we were already using for our toothbrushes). We therefore had to go to the bar and ask for some more glasses for drinks in the room. Also, I was surprised that there was no cutlery or plates in the room what so ever, so making our own snacks in the room was our of the question. Strange really as the room contained a fridge, lots of empty cupboards as well as a kitchen worktop and sink. So take your own camping plates and cutlery if you intend on making your own snacks. Beds were fairly comfy, with extra blankets in the cupboard. A digital safe also provided in the room, as well as air con. Room service is available if you wish. Beds were made and clean towels provided every day!
Food: Breakfast was the same every morning, so if you have your favorite cereals, take a pack with you from home. Breakfast consisted of cereals, ham and cheese, cold boiled egg, mini frankfurters, toast, tea, coffee and orange juice. From 7:30 am - 10 am.
Evening meal was outstanding. We went half board, and were the only customers on this basis, so we were treated very well. Every evening we had a huge 3 course dinner, with a massive salad (different every night) as well as hot breads. Food was traditional Greek cuisine; the portions were gargantuan! It was a shame really though that every night, the restaurant was very quiet, often we would be the only guests dining. Not sure why this was the case, maybe the restaurant needs to advertise some more.
During the daytime the restaurant served snacks and drinks (the milkshakes are outstanding), which were typical Mykonian prices.
Staff and Service: I am surprised at some of the earlier reviews who say that they had problems with the staff, as during our stay the service was exceptional. All of the staff always smiled and greeted us, and spoke very good English. We had many nice chats with the restaurant staff, as well as the owners who were all lovely and very welcoming.
Facilities: Despite being fully booked, the hotel always seemed very quiet. The pool is very large with a deep end. Also a non heated Jacuzzi. No struggle to get a sun bed; the pool area was always empty! There is a small gym, however you had to pay 5 euros per session to use this. I was somewhat disappointed by this being a gym addict and thought this was a bit skanky, so in the end I had a week off the gym.
There is wifi at the pool area, as well as a room with two computers, however both these luxuries are charged for. Again, I feel this is a bit money grabbing.
Not really anything for kids to do, however in my opinion Mykonos isn't really the place to bring young children or babies. It's mostly older gay men, couples and clubbers who holiday at Mykonos. If you want somewhere with a kids club, Mykonos is not the place.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank deadrising
Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Booked this hotel based on reveiws and what rooms looked liked. However photos are deceiving. There for of us in different rooms all of which I booked at the same time in same gategory. Two rooms were very spacious and seemed to be booked accordingly, my room was rather small and when I asked why the others had larger rooms I was given some excuse about when the rooms were booked I said I booked them at the same time. I asked for a larger room and was declined. Yet one of our rooms was upgraded to a suite with a full kitchen. The beds are very hard and made for uncomfortable sleeping. No mattress pad is used just a thin sheet which is the saem sheet you seep on so not very hygenic. The towels are old and hard and coming apart. I can say that the rooms are decorated ver nicely and modern. The view from the pool is fabulous. Breakfast was lacking a bit as far a variety very limited. We ate there for lunch and dinner and the food was good. There is never any one at the front desk, you have to go upstaires to the pool to get help. Yet when it's time to check out they are right at the desk making sure you pay your room charges and turn in keys. I emailed the hotel 4 times before arrival with no response and finally had to call to ask about a transfer from the ferry port. I was told it was easiest to just get a taxi at the port. This is not easy. There are only 30 taxis on the island. 2 were there when the ferry arrived and we waited 20 minutes for a taxi. I suggest pre booking a private transfer. To get to Mykonos town from the hotel there is a bus which runs in front of the hotel for 1.60 Euro each way. However if there are a few of you take a taxi for 5-8 Euro each way.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank tvlgrl11
Perth, Australia
Reviewed July 3, 2012

We recently stayed at this hotel for 8nights in July 2012 and had a fantastic experience. The pool and bar service was really good. Our room wasn't near the pool however it was massive (appartment size) and we were really happy with it. Only small fault with the room was the shower curtain! The bathroom floor was flooded daily after our showers. The music and food by the pool were absolutely amazing! Our experience with the hotel staff was great they accommodated us and spoke really good English. Walking distance from town (15mins) and close to psarrou beach which is beautiful.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
#20 of 82 in Mykonos Town
Anatolia Hotel
Anatolia Hotel
#2 of 3 in Ano Mera

Been to Giannoulaki Hotel? Share your experiences!