“A stylish and sophisticated holiday hotel, very friendly helpful staff”

Andronikos Hotel Mykonos
Ranked #2 of 82 Hotels in Mykonos Town
london
“A stylish and sophisticated holiday hotel, very friendly helpful staff”
Reviewed September 20, 2009

I hadn't been to Mykonos for 14 years and I wanted it to be special. Mr Marcos runs a top rate establishment and a fabulous, friendly team. I knew I'd made the right choice on arrival when I was greeted by the very charming Gorgos - such a nice start to my vacation to be welcomed so warmly, shown around the hotel and introduced to other members of the team. You can have a good swim in the huge pool and the 'Buddha Bar' poolside music adds to the relaxing mood. My room was large with a fantastic terrace overlooking the pool and Mykonos sunsets and the breakfasts were a treat combining traditional 'English' and Greek specialities. I look forward to my return next year.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
  • Greek first
  • Serbian first
zurich
Reviewed September 19, 2009

extremly nice and friendly staff....very, very good

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Amsterdam
Reviewed September 19, 2009

Andronikos Hotel is a really cool great place to stay in Mykonos.
We stayed 2 weeks in Sept 09 and the hotel is beautiful with clean spacious rooms, big pool & terrace area, fantastic restaurant and bar, and wonderful friendly helpful staff.
Our stay in Mykonos was made better by choosing Andronikos and we will certainly return there.
If you are looking for a perfect place to stay on this wonderful Greek island, we recommend Andronikos Hotel.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
ATHENS
Reviewed September 17, 2009

Cool all the way!!!!!!
Andronikos is a great hotel with cool ambience and friendly personnel that made sure we enjoy every minute of our vacation.!

The hotel is very close to the town, 10 minutes walking to the town and a little more on the way back because it is uphill.

Our room was beautiful with nice sea view , we loved watching the sunset every evening while enjoying Kostas cocktails.!!

The breakfast was always delicious and rich and the best part of it was that it lasted even after 11:00.!!

Most of all we loved the cool ambience of the pool, the pool area was so beautiful and relaxed that made us stay there most of the day, the music was really nice and all the staff were attentive and friendly but not over familiar, they would always engage in a conversation with us and give us tips on the island’s lifestyle.

All the staff were really helpful and nice to us (including Chris and Alice at the reception) but we particularly liked Petros and Anka who were really friendly and caring, thanks a lot guys.!!

Great staff, great service, we will be back!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Hilton Head Island, SC
Reviewed September 17, 2009

I booked this hotel ater doing a lot of research on Mykonos. We needed a hotel for a large group of about 30 people for a wedding in August. We had the entire spectrum of travelers. Families with small children, teenagers, couples who wanted to party, and older travelers who were picky and hard to please, you name it we had it! We stayed for 6 days and it was consistant each day. The hotel was very centrally located in Mykonos town. We all rented cars and mopeds to get to the beach in the day, and it was an easy and lovely walk into town at night. The hotel itself was exactly as described. Beautiful rooms that were spacious (especially for hotels in Greece, which are typically much smaller than in America), and contemporary. Their amenities were higher than standard in the rooms. Comfortable beds, a great layout to the room that was not cramped. The pool and bar area really added to the atmosphere of the hotel. It had a very upscale vibe, but was also very relaxing and comfortable to lounge around in your bathing suit without feeling out of place. The pool was so inviting and the all of the chairs, beds, and loungers were ALWAYS being cleaned and straightened. There was not one moment when that entire area did not look like it was straight out of a magazine. The restaurant food was great! It was very extensive, especially for a European hotel. I noticed that the breakfast buffet changed every morning, and all of the food tasted like it came from my grandmothers kitchen, yummy and upscale. I used the spa when I was there, and the staff was so polite and my pedicure was as good as any New York or LA upscale Spa. This hotel had so many wonderful amenities, but the best thing about this hotel by far was the SERVICE. When we first arrived at the port, Our smiling driver Lefteris was alreadt there waiting there for us. We had so many people in our group, that he had to go back and forth 5 times! He treated us like it was his pleasure to running around crazy for hours just to get us all there. Petros and Chris were waiting outside when we got there, and walked with us into reception to check us all into our rooms. They acted like they had been waiting all summer just for us to get there, seriously. I had made our initial booking with Eleni on the phone, and after we got to our room, about 20 minutes, she showed up at room to make sure that we liked it, and see if we needed extra towels or anything to eat. I mean really, who does that? Every day at breakfast, Galina and Anka would float around us like busy bees just waiting to pick up a dish or pur more coffee. Really, as soon as my glass was less than half empty, they were by my side. Now, whenever you are traveling with such a large group, there are always bound to be some glitches. I have to admit, we had some demanding people in our group, and I really felt like we descended upon them and were testing their resolve. Honestly, if I were them, I would have been looking for the camera crew because some of us were very obnoxious. (Yeah, you know who you are!) I can tell you that NOT ONCE did anyone act as though they were put out by any request or demand. Everyone on the staff treated us like it was such a pleasure to be helping us. There was even one day when there was a misunderstanding at breakfast, and we were not able to sit together, and the owner was so apologetic and INSISTED that our entire group come for lunch on him. Really, for such a tiny issue, he went above and beyond what he should have. If you are looking for a wonderful experience, I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel for any type of traveler. You will not be disappointed. The only thing that I DID NOT like about this hotel was that although they had Wi-Fi, you had to pay for it, and it was expensive. For a five star hotel, I think it should be free. Chris told me thay are going to transition to free Wi-FI soon. Not bad if that's my only complaint!

• Stayed August 2009
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed September 15, 2009

First of all I would like to thank Markos, Eleni, Babis, Chris, Galina and Christos for their great service. The service at this hotel exceeded our expectations.

This was our third trip to Mykonos and it was by far the best value/experience we had. We flew into Mykonos, and this hotel is about 5-10 minutes from the airport. Stayed at the Andronikos with another couple for 4 days the first week of August. Although there was a mix-up with one of our rooms they corrected the problem the next day. The ambience by the pool with the music and the bar is great. Wi-Fi Internet is available for a small fee. Lobby staffed 7/24.
Will be visiting Andronikos again next year.

Pros:
Pool
Friendly Staff
Late breakfast
Transportation to/from ports

Cons:
Not all rooms alike
Transportation required to/from Mykonos town (20-30 minute walk)

T from Canada

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Amsterdam
Reviewed September 14, 2009

Me and my partner stayed a week in this fab hotel. Fell in love when we saw fotos on web and there's no fooling of fotos. wonderful stay at Andronikos...beautiful pool , good food , high service , friendly people , make you feel like you're family.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
#6 of 82 in Mykonos Town
Hermes Mykonos Hotel
Hermes Mykonos Hotel
#15 of 82 in Mykonos Town

Been to Andronikos Hotel Mykonos? Share your experiences!