“Advocate Johan van Rooyen”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Andronikos Hotel

Andronikos Hotel
Ranked #4 of 82 Hotels in Mykonos Town
Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
“Advocate Johan van Rooyen”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

When we arrived at the hotel, I immediately knew that this hotel is what you see in adverts for Mykonos. The hotel and its buildings are perfectly white cocoons of comfort and simply idyllic. It overlooks the ocean atop a hill. Upon arrival, Andreas who immediately relieved me of my luggage, greeted me in such a welcoming way that I felt right at home. Having just encountered what I imagine the beautiful Achilles must have looked like, the most elegant beautiful greek goddess, Georgina, welcomed us at reception in perfectly spoken English with an accent which many a man would fall in love in a second. Checking in our group of six people was efficient and expertly handled in a few short minutes. Before we knew, we were escorted to our beautifully appointed apartments after which we were served welcoming drinks at the awesome pool bar lounge with elegant Buddah Bar music in the air. My apartment had an entrance hall, LED lit cupboards, a huge bed, excellent bathroom, icy aircon and a private patio with deck chairs with an elevated view of the ocean and buzzy Mykonos town about 15 min walk away. The best part was the immense pool, cocktail bar and deck chairs, towels on each deck chair, umbrellas and incredibly attentive staff who almost intuitively knew just when to appear to fulfill my every hedonistic desire, from making special cocktails to arranging taxis and calling me when it is waiting to whisk us off to party hotspots. I shall never stay anywhere else in Mykonos. The staff make the hotel, they are a rare group of hand-picked people who took hospitality to a level unlike I have ever experienced. The restaurant in my opinion offers the best burgers and other finer dining. Andreas, Lukas, Panagiotis, Georgina and the Kiwi at reception, Minas, Minos, the beautiful restaurant waitress and the friendly housekeepers will be remembered forever.

Room Tip: Room 101 has a sea view and in my opinion nicer than the cocoon room. 303 where my friends stayed o...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
  • Greek first
  • Serbian first
Isleworth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

Went to Mykonos to just chill and get away from London life - the hotel didn't disappoint. Loved the saff who were all very helpful and friendly, especially the reception and pool/restaurant staff. The manager was a bit annoying - his smile was not real & chose very obviously who he smiled at. The pool is beautiful, cool, sea water and the music played was varied which was great compared with the music from next door which was constant house music. Breakfast was fantastic - great choice, yoghurt, cooked food, home made Greek pies, home made cakes and puddings, fresh fruit, fruit salad. Think the bar scene would be improved with either better prices or better measures but overall great place to spend some time on this beautiful island.

Room Tip: We had room near the next door hotel and could hear their music from the pool day and night. We were...
athens
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

What can I say? I loved this p[lace from the first time I arrived.!

Antreas and Michalis were so kind to show me the pool area and the facilities, while Nikos offered me a welcome cocktail. The pool area was so relaxed and beautiful that made my day while the music was really smooth and happy.!!

What else would I ask for?

I got a room with garden view at a very competitive rate, the room was very clean with all the facilities you can imagine and a nice bathroom.

The food at the pool area was amazing and Panagiotis would always recommend new dishes that I would like. The girls serving dinner were so kind and above all Loukas at the bar was very welcoming and funny.!!

I met many other guests at the bar and in general I felt so relaxed and welcome that I wouldn’t change this hotel for any other hotel in Mykonos.

Last but not least I got the best suggestions for beaches, clubs and bars in the town. Georgina and Maika knew what I would like to do and see.!!

Thank you for this nice experience, I will be back with more friends.!!!

Yes, there is night shuttle service that picked us up from the town at 4 o’clock in the morning, that is what I call good service.!!

Thank you Andronikos.!!

Room Tip: Standard garden view rooms are offered at a good rate!
Walsall, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

We were recommended this hotel by the travel agent whoi had previously stayed here and it did not disappoint. If you are looking for the complete package, then this is the hotel for you. Location, pool, bar, rooms are all perfect, it has everything. But the most important thing about the hotel is the staff, well actually they are not staff they become friends. Let me give you a few examples, if you want something that is not on the menu just ask and you will get it. The owner Markos tells all his team, if you cannot talk to the guests from your heart do not say anything at all. This was the perfect holiday and I suppose the best compliment I can give them is, we will be coming back next year and we never go to the same destination let alone the same hotel twice!!

Michael & Luisa

Room Tip: Make sure you book a superior room!!!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

The overall feel of the hotel was perfect service was good, staff were friendly and extremely attentive.

You can feel the Mykonos traditional style in the layout of the hotel and rooms, which made it feel different, yet all the comfort and needs covered.

Was worth the stay and price. We will stay there again when we visit Mykonos again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Athens, Greece
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

Originally I chose Andronikos because of the location near the city and the great services that it offered -pool, restaurant, one step from the city all packed in a good euro package. I travelled to Mykonos combining pleasure along with a meeting I had to attend for a few hours. I liked very much the way the hotel was built -it looked like a small luxury village, kind of having your own privater room. I enjoyed the fact that it was very spacious compared to other (tiny and packed!!!) boutique luxury Mykonos hotels that I had stayed in the past. -I visit the island every year-. The strong points are the pool -spacious and clean crystal salty water -how do you guys do that?!! the hospitality and professionalism of the staff and most importantly the very interesting and creative design of the rooms... Ask for details on which room to stay - there is always a pleasant surprise waiting for. Snacks by the pool were really light and nouvell style, while dinner menu was creative and tasty cuisine. I am certainly going back next year with friends.

Room Tip: try the cocoon style
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Seattle, Washington, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

From the moment we made our reservations to the kisses goodbye at the airport we felt like long lost family. I was amazed how the Andronikos was able to find the perfect intersection of luxury, vibe and family like service. What usually takes a few days to settle in only took a few hours as each service team member made sure we had everything we needed and oriented us to the things we should need later. Special thanks to Markos, Elena, Lukas, Maaike and Georgina you made our time super memorable. Already booked next year.

Room Tip: The suites are unbelievable with the view of the pool and ocean!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Myconian Ambassador Relais & Chateaux Hotel
Palladium Boutique Hotel
Palladium Boutique Hotel
#2 of 25 in Platys Gialos

Been to Andronikos Hotel? Share your experiences!