All reviews the bus perfect location your luggage old port hot tub lovely hotel little venice rooms are nice bars and restaurants hotel location walking distance superior room centre of town family run hotel would definitely stay here again quiet at night double bed
Reviewed November 2, 2018 via mobile

Great butigue hotel in the centre of Mykonos. We stayed here 3 nights ( 4 adults and 3 kids)..amazing little hotel!! Jacuzzi was little too cold for october..but stilll great!!Close everywhere, rooms are nice a scacious!! Thank you so much

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed October 28, 2018

After being on the ferry all day, I was exhausted and hungry when I arrived in Mykonos. For some reason, I thought the hotel was up and not out and I was unable to find the restaurant that was in the directions. Luckily, I was able to find a very nice and helpful local that was able to direct me to the correct location.
The room was a little on the small size but it didn't really matter since I don't really spend any time in the room. It, along with the bathroom, was clean. The lighting was just ok in the bathroom but it was good in the room were there was a large mirror and the hair dryer. It had a small safe and the wifi was good.
The hotel does not serve breakfast but there are plenty of places on the waterfront and there is also a little place next door.
There are tons of restaurants within 5-10 minutes walking distance. I personally did not find the food here great but it was pricey. Same with the prices of drinks.
While the hotel was a little difficult to find, it was extremely quiet. The courtyard is beautiful. There are a lot of little seating areas and a little pool. My room had a little balcony with a table and chairs. I believe most, if not all of the rooms had this. The staff is extremely friendly.
Note: The ferry I took from Heraklion to Mykonos (Santorini Palace) arrived in the new port. When you step off the ferry, go to the left and the bus into old town is right in front of you just past the building. 1.60 euros. If you want to take the sea bus, if it is running, walk behind the buses and to the right. The cost is 2 euros. Both will drop you off in approximately the same location in town. When you get to Manto Square (photo included), go right (not up the stairs, my mistake). There is an ice cream shop here (photo included). Walk a couple of blocks past many shops (olive oil, touristy, jewelry, clothing, etc.). Look for the LaLaLa sign (photo included - they are the place next door to the hotel that serves breakfast). You will have to go up 2 steps to go up this street. The hotel is on the left.

Room tip: I cannot imagine there being such thing as a bad room here.
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed October 27, 2018

Our stay of 4 days in early October was wonderful (well -except for the chill gale from the water). The Carbonaki staff are great (Evi and Demetrius) with lots of great exploring tips. We were a bit anxious when the cab from the airport dropped us at the "top" of the town and said "walk down there (gentle slope) and look for the 2 churches and stop before the other church"... It took about 5 minutes & never saw the churches - they hide since they are really tiny. - but the hotel sign is directly on the walkway. If you come in by ferry - make certain to contact them for directions and do a google map route.
What a great location! Our room (114) was lovely - large- I booked a triple for the space (and it was the only room available when I booked 4 months in advance).. Nice size bathroom and lovely shower, sofa (and the twin and "double") and a small patio over their courtyard. Also on our level is a large terrace for picnics and sunning. There are steps - but so worth it.
It is so easy to walk to the water and from there explore the town, do the Delos tour or catch the Ferry/bus to the Ferry dock. Or walk the other way and head to the bus terminal and explore the island. In any direction are restaurants and bars (the locals say their nickname is "the party island"). We loved the all day breakfast/brunch cafe - LALA @ 50 feet out the hotel door.

Note to beach folk - European beaches are not what we are used to from Florida - while water is lovely - beaches are smaller and sand can be pebbles - but still fun - the big thing seem to be rent an umbrella and chaise. And drink/eat at expensive cafes - but fun for an experience. You are on vacation!

Room tip: some have a small balcony - all have access to the terraces. so any room is good - ask them about room size to fit your need.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 18, 2018 via mobile

Made a booking through Booking.com,just a week before departure my booking was canceled by the site. The hotel called me to double check if I had canceled the booking, which I obviously hadn’t I was told not to worry they will keep my booking as it is. The hotel is very clean, perfect location , walking distance to everywhere in Mykonos Town and the staff is super friendly and helpful. My sister was leaving to the airport before me and she accidentally took my passport with her,and left hers with me. I was extremely stressed by the situation, but the lovely owner made Dimitri (one of the staff member) drive to the airport to bring my passport back and give my sister her passport, I’ve never stayed at a hotel with better customer service and such lovely staff. There’s absolutely no doubt I will stay at this hotel whenever I decide to visit Mykonos again and I highly recommend this hotel to everybody who’s planning a trip to Mykonos. A personal thanks to Dimitri for calling to check if the booking was canceled and for sorting out he passport drama.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank AJ1081
Reviewed September 12, 2018

We stayed at this lovely boutique hotel for 2 nights in early June and would thoroughly recommend it as a great spot to base yourself for easy access to Mykonos Town. Our room was small but adequate, the beds were comfortable and we had a small balcony which overlooked a charming little street not far from the main thoroughfare. A word of warning - do not pull the little cord that hangs from the bathroom ceiling in the shower cubicle - I thought it was the cord to operate the exhaust fan but soon discovered after a call from reception that it was the emergency signal !!! Oops :) There's a spa and a nice area to sit and relax by the spa as well as other little areas to sit and contemplate. The reception staff were very friendly and helpful and spoke very good English, giving us tips on where the best beaches were and how to get there.

Date of stay: June 2018