“Fantastic experience”

Ranked #15 of 82 Hotels in Mykonos Town
New Delhi, India
“Fantastic experience”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

There is absolutely nothing not to like about this hotel. Rooms are excellent, we had one with an attached balcony from where you can experience the magnificient sunset. The staff are extremely helpful and friendly. The hotel is very well maintained and is walking distance from the windmills and you can even see the windmills from the patio. There is a lovely upright piano in the lobby and I was even allowed to play a few tunes. I'd stay here every time!

1 Thank roshnisg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Attard, Malta
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We found the Adonis Hotel in Mykonos to be everything that we could expect. Very friendly and welcoming staff, beautiful spacious room with a balcony overlooking a great view of the sea and the windmills, complete with full bathroom finished in white marble. Little perks like his and hers bathrobes and a tray full of snacks in case one gets hungry rounded off the perfect accomodation. Breakfast included just about everything, and the hotel staff also accomodated one of us who has a special dietary need. The hotel location is just right, as it is just on the border of the Old Town, within walking distance of the Town centre and the port, and yet not in the little narrow winding areas of the old town. The hotel staff were very helpful with suggestions about where to eat and also the fact that they offer a shuttle service from/ to the point of arrival in Mykonos made it that bit more on the positive scale. We highly recommend this hotel. Mario and Anna Spiteri

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MarioS131
Reviewed April 5, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights and had a great experience. Panos picked and dropped us off at the port. We met the hotel owner and wife who were both extremely friendly and welcoming. The location of the hotel is perfect for exploring mykonos town and our sea view room had amazing views. Excellent value for money! The only downside is the breakfast but hey its free! Highly recommend it!

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Bussybabe
Arvada, Colorado
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I have been remiss in submitting this review. We stayed at the Adonis in October, 2012 on our first trip to Greece. I felt it important to share my experience since I rely on other travelers reviews.

This hotel is located right on the street and our room was on the street side, had a balcony and had a great view of the water. We were picked up at the airport very timely and had a very welcoming arrival. The room was clean and roomy with a much better bathroom than I had expected having been traveling to Europe recently with tiny bathrooms. The bed was a double and not the most comfortable but not terrible.

The breakfast was nice; pastries, HB eggs, meats, cheeses, veggies, as one would expect. Great outdoor eating area.

We, of course, walked everywhere and this hotel was in a great location for easy access to the main intersection down towards town and all the shops and restaurants on the water.

Great location, super friendly staff, very nice room! Incidentally, we are a female gay couple. Not that it matters but there was absolutely no issues at all with the staff.

3 Thank mlas101
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Loved Loved LOVED this hotel. From the moment Michael collected us at the port all the way through our visit I felt at home and welcomed. Fantastic location, only 2 min walk down to the centre of the town and the beautiful white cobbled streets. Could not recommend this hotel more :)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank Grainne O
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed December 14, 2012

My wife and I had the pleasure to stay at Adonis Hotel during a well deserved holiday together. Upon arrival, we checked into our room and we had mistakenly booked a twin bedroom instead of a room with a double bed. They were very understanding and diligently switched our room. After a long flight, we were famished and the staff recommended a lovely local restaurant by the beach with a breathtaking view of the sunset. The next morning, we had a delicious breakfast downstairs and packed up our bags for our next leg in our journey visiting Greece. When we inquired about a taxi to bring us to the harbor, the staff graciously volunteered their driver (no charge for a taxi ride that would of cost us 30 Euros) to drive us and other guest to our destination. Now here's the punch: When my wife and I arrived at Sirmione, I realized that I had left my sunglasses (Oakley's worth 500$US) at the hotel, I called the front desk to see if they had found it, and after a brief moment, they had confirmed that I had left them there. Since my wife and I were traveling they were kind enough to send my glasses back to my home in Canada! Talk about going the extra mile! Thank you again! What makes traveling so great are the memories and people you meet along the way, and the staff at Adonis hotel were momentous in making this trip memorable for my wife and I. I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay there, but try not to leave anything behind! Merci beaucoup!

A Thankful couple!

4 Thank Eric L
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed November 8, 2012

As part of an extended vacation in Greece in June 2011, I stayed at the Adonis Hotel for four nights. I had meant to review the Adonis Hotel soon after my vacation was completed and, in fact, did review almost all of the hotels where I stayed on my Greek odyssey, but at some point I guess I ran out of steam and never got around to writing my critique of the Adonis.

Well, better late than never. I can now add my say to the chorus (Greek chorus?!) of voices praising the accommodation and service provided at the Adonis Hotel. The first thing worth mentioning is the hotel’s location just on the outskirts of Mykonos town. The location means that you avoid most of the noise and bustle of the crowds that permeate the streets of the island’s main urban centre, but are still within easy walking distance of the heart of the town. That being said, I do remember hearing the sound of a motorcycle or two (or maybe they were ATVs) speeding by on the main road that runs past the hotel, but that was about the only noise that ever bothered me at night. The hotel’s site is also fairly well situated in relation to one of Mykonos town’s bus terminals. It’s about a five minute walk (or less) from the Adonis to the terminus, where one can catch buses that, in turn, are able to connect you with boats for many of the main beaches on the island’s south coast.

The hotel itself is quite beautiful, the usual white-washed Cycladic architecture, and my room was wonderful, just spacious enough, very clean and tidy, and with a view to die for. It was great to get up each morning, pull open the doors to my little balcony, and see in the distance the iconic five windmills that overlook the town of Mykonos and its harbour.

As good as the accommodation is at the Adonis Hotel, I have to say that I think the service is even better. Breakfast was great, a good selection of fresh fruit, cereals, yoghurt, cakes and pastries, as well as eggs cooked in whatever fashion you want. The breakfast room is bright and airy, there is an outside terrace as well, and the staff were all very attentive and helpful. Roz, co-owner of the hotel with her husband, went out of her way to provide many tips and recommendations, and was especially good at explaining how to navigate the narrow, winding streets of Mykonos town. (Despite her expert advice and the use of a detailed map, I still managed to get lost one afternoon trying to return to the hotel; I wasn't paying attention and zigged when I should have zagged.) Roz also gave me some good restaurant recommendations, but I think her best advice was in relation to what beach to visit. She listed the pros and cons of each and suggested that I might enjoy Agrari Beach the most, primarily because it is less crowded than the others but still enjoys a very picturesque setting nonetheless. In this regard, she was absolutely correct; Agrari was a great beach. Although the “sand” was perhaps a little too pebbly for my liking and was not always very easy to walk on, the beach, which is divided into two sections, is quiet and relatively secluded, the waters of the Aegean are crystal-clear, and I spent a very pleasant, relaxing afternoon there.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo