“Nice View”

Ranked #45 of 82 Hotels in Mykonos Town
Sao Paulo, SP
“Nice View”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

it was amazing be in a greek style hotel with a amazing view. The hotel is near to the center, Chora, with a quick walk.
The internet is not good inside the bedroom but it's only go outside and the signal get better.
I recommend it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I spent six nights at Hotel Madalena and was a little apprehensive of such a commitment booking in advance online. My stay exceeded expectations. The room was large, quiet, comfortable, and far beyond what I expected. The staff is extremely friendly, my every need was catered to, starting with the breakfast made to order. The location was perfect for me, yes up a steep hill, but close enough to the town to walk, but far away to feel secluded and quiet. I highly recommend this hotel. Room service could have been a little better, my bath gel, and lotion were never replaced, (I have my own) but I'm sure if I asked, it would have been there in a minute. Five Stars!

Room Tip: As high up as possible
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed September 9, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights at the start of our 2 week vacation in Greece. I booked a room with 3 twin beds (on Expedia- it was my only option for rooms for some reason). Was pleasantly surprised at how nice/clean the room was. We had 2 rooms- the second room had a single twin bed and gave us a lot of extra room to place our luggage, etc. Breakfast was good, a little above average in my opinion. The girls at the reception desk were always very helpful. We were picked up at the airport by the hotel and the driver was waiting for us with sign from the hotel when we arrived. We were also dropped off at the port when we left. For the price we paid (compared to other hotels in Mykonos), I would highly recommend this hotel. Only thing I might mention is that the shower drain in our room wasn't working too well and there was only a hand-held shower head- (nothing mounted)-- both things were minor and wouldn't stop me from staying here again. Also, the hotel is uphill from Mykonos town- so if you had any mobility issues, it might not be the place for you, but for us, it was fine and a nice way to walk off dinner at night.

Room Tip: If you are concerned about space- choose a room with 3 twins bed.
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I and my husband planned to stay two nights at Mykonos so we booked the Superior room via its website with the early bird rate €186.75 per night. We arrived at the hotel around 12nn as the time was early so we waited 45 mins at the reception for our room. No one served us the welcome drinks. Once the room was ready, the girl took us to the room then I found it wasn’t I expected. The room is very small and dark, no view, the door and window are facing to the wall. I told her it should have the balcony. Then, she told us no other room was available and said we could walk to the terrance if we need. Her attitude was so rude. I really got mad so she asked me talk to the hotel in-charge, Madalena. We then spoke with her and she promised to move us to a better room next day. We had no choice so we accepted.

That night, I rechecked its website and my booking confirmation, found that the room we stayed was the Standard room and the room rate was much cheaper than the superior room. I felt like I was cheated as Madalena didn’t mention a word to me.

Next morning, I spoke with her again. I asked her to check my booking confirmation then I questioned her why she never said to me the room allocation problem before I found out and the rate difference between two rooms yesterday. She said to me ‘I already promised you to relocate us to a better room today and I didn’t say I wouldn’t refund to you’. Then I asked her how much she would refund to me. She said she was busy and come back to me later. Of course, she didn’t so I went to her desk again after the breakfast. She said the standard room rate was €175 and the refund would only be €11.75. I was so angry and argued with her that the refund should be the difference between two rooms at early bird rate. She refused and complained my attitude was bad to her. Eventually, she just offered me €16.75 refund and a bottle of white wine. My mood became very bad so I gave up and accepted it because I really don’t want her to ruin my holiday.

I chose this hotel because of the good comments here but I received such a bad service at the end. They should inform me before I arrived and also take the initiative to offer the refund with a reasonable calculation. I couldn't accept their bad attitude without appology. I hope this is not because we are Asian. I wonder whether I get the refund, room change and complimentary wine if I wasn't complain as no one told us anything.

I felt very disappointed of all and highly NOT recommended this hotel to others.

1 Thank Angela0421
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Nice, quiet hotel with great views of the sea. Not all rooms have a balcony or view of the sea, as we experienced our first night. We would have stayed in our original room but space was pretty tight with our luggage. At our request, we were moved to a sea view room for the rest of our stay which was much bigger and had a big terrace from which we enjoyed breakfast and sunsets each day. Our brother and sister in law also stayed at Madalena at the same time and their room was also nice - conveniently across from the pool, though no view/balcony. The hotel is a nice walk from town, although uphill on the way back. It was nice to be away from all the crowds though. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful and offer complimentary transfer to and from the port which was very convenient.

Room Tip: Not all rooms have a balcony or sea view. Be sure to request this if it's a requirement.
Katy, Texas
Reviewed August 28, 2013

This is a great little hotel with a breathtaking view of the Aegean sea. The owner and Elena were great hosts and were extremely attentive to our requests. Breakfast is great and filling and is included, so it was a great way to start the day. Be prepared to do a bit of walking when going down the street to reach the town, since it is steep. It is easy to go down but a bit hard to go up. Really did enjoy this hotel and its amenities. Would definitely recommend to anyone, although I will likely choose a hotel not so far up the hill. Complimentary internet and shuttle service to the airport.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Felipe R
Perth, Australia
Reviewed August 27, 2013

We have just stayed at the Madalena for 4 days. Very clean and lovelly room. We particularly liked our room (103) because it is on the first landing of many stairs! Also same level as the swimming pool, breakfast was really enjoyable on the terrace each morning. We liked the location - about 10 minutes out of the town centre. We like walking - be prepared for the walk up the hill!

Room Tip: The doors are double glazed and blocks out the noise from the motor bikes and cars. We just had the...