“You will get spoiled staying here!! WONDERFUL.”
Review of Madalena Hotel

Madalena Hotel
Ranked #42 of 82 Hotels in Mykonos Town
Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

Wow!! An amazing hotel experience from start to finish. The complimentary pick-up from the port was really nice; the gentleman even carried my luggage up to my room. The welcome staff was incredibly friendly, offering assistance with anything I might need. The room itself was gorgeous!! A huge, plush, spotless bed was very comfortable. (Then there was a smaller twin bed across the suite, which I considered a bonus coatrack hehe). TV with lots of international stations, small fridge and coffee maker, free bottled water, impeccable shower, complimentary toiletries and flowers, daily maid service... With all of that I could have never left the room. But wait, there's more! Because if I did leave the room (or just open my window), I had an incredible view of the bay and Mikonos town. I always made sure to come back to my room to watch the sunset. The walk to the center is very easy, just 10min MAX (if you stop to take pictures), though at night can be quite dark so attention should be payed to oncoming cars and motos. Location was close enough to be convenient but far enough to be quiet; all you can hear is the waves! In the morning, the complimentary breakfast is HUGE. Toast, jam, Nutella, honey, juice, yogurt, milk, fruit, ham, cheese, pancake, made-to-order omelette, cereal, coffee, tea, pasties... it's enough to leave you with a food baby! The pool was also very clean and nice but since I stayed mid- April it was still a bit chilly. They offer reasonably-priced spa services, but I didn't try them, I was just impressed by how fair the prices were. With all the pampering i received, I cannot recommend Hotel Madalena enough! I will definitely stay here next time I'm in Mikonos. After two months backpacking & staying in hostels, this was a definite treat! Stayed 4 nights.

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank SoloGirlGoes

Reviewed April 12, 2013

This hotel was a real find and exceeded our expectations by a long way. We were picked up at the airport and driven to the hotel and had our bags delivered to our room. We had a superior room which is very big, the beds are very comfy and the rooms were exceptionally clean, it had everything you needed. The hotel is about a 10 min walk from the city centre but we saw this as a positive as I am sure staying right in the centre would be noisy in peak season and after all the eating the walk was probably needed. The balcony offers stunning views of the water and town as you are situated a little higher up, we saw the most amazing shooting star! The breakfast: Wow! It just keeps coming and coming, fresh bread, pancakes, bacon, eggs, crepes it just goes on, was fantastic each morning eating breakfast in the sun overlooking the water. The service is great and nothing is too much trouble. We were flying out at 5pm and as we were the only ones here (they only opened up 4 days prior) they said no problem just stay in your room and then we will take you to the airport. There is a hill you have to walk up and some stairs but it is very managable. I would definitely recommend this hotel, the value, views, service are great, don't be fooled by the 3 stars.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BerringtonD
Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

Hotel Madalena is an awesome hotel that is just a short walk from the center of town and the harbor. The women that run this place (I think most are family) are the nicest people at any hotel I have ever stayed. In the mornings they would make me breakfast to order! And they would keep bringing stuff out for me. They are also very helpful in giving advice on restaurants and where to go for shopping, drinking, etc. I give it a thumbs up!

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed March 8, 2013

This hotel is fantastic. It is perfectly situated in town, but not right in the center, so you can have a decent night (or day) sleep if you need to.

The staff are lovely, they really know how to hone in on their guests and make them feel very welcome and try to do anything they can for them, from helping with hiring quad bikes, to transfers, and helping book trips to other islands.

The hotel itself is clean, and very traditional, beautiful white-washed building, with blue shutters, you really feel like you are in Greece.

The pool is also beautiful, and the view of the port... breathtaking.

Food was good, when we managed to get up for it, and eating breakfast on the balcony overlooking the Mediterranean sea is just something else.

I highly recommend this boutique hotel for the personalised touches, beautiful location, and great service. It will absolutely send you on your way to falling in love with Mykonos.

Room Tip: Room facing the old port. Views are breathtaking
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Jamie P
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Hotel Madalena is just unique and unbeatable
The hotel located on a small hill above the city and the old port
Very privilege location, you go out on the balcony and you believe you will touch the sunset and the sea, so romantic and gorgeous view that kept us on our balcony every sunset.
and here is our small 2 nights story at madalena
we arrived at the new port after midnight and the driver was still there waiting for us , helped us with our luggage all the way to the front desk.
even was that late we greeted by a cocktail by the receptionist and walked in to our room that had flowers and chocolates!!
The superior room we booked was great and spacious, modern and so very clean , the bed was so comfortable and high quality, the bathroom was marble and even had a jacuzzi shower!!
both mornings we started our day with coffee in our room( there was a coffee maker with coffee and tea and water in our room daily) and walked down for breakfast that was an experience you do not expect on a 3 stars hotel.
Three very polite and professional ladies , always with a smile offered us a variety of coffees , pan cakes , crepes, fruits, eggs to order, pies , sweets ,everything fresh, delicious and home made.
The girl at the front desk gave us a map and made good suggestions of excursions .
During our check out day we wanted to visited the spa at the other hotel of the company, do you want to know what happened? the girl at the front desk called the spa at the San Antonio summerland , booked us and even arrange with the hotel driver to drove us there for our spa treatment !!
There , we also had the opportunity to re-arranged our transfer to the airport for our departure easily.
Congratulations to both hotels , you guys are pro ,the accommodation and every service we experienced at both your hotels were just excellent , you will definitely see us again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank chrysoula_132s
Reviewed November 25, 2012

I'm not sure you can find a better value when you consider what you are getting here. Increadible views, and you can walk to the city. Staff were very accommodation, good breakfast, rooms are fine with a great view. Would stay again anytime!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 31, 2012

A group of 6 of us stayed at Hotel Madalena this year in July. The rooms were perfect, clean, comforting, always topped up with fresh towels and necessities, bed was made every day. The resort was set out beautifully, with amazing views and right in the heart of Mykonos city! Walking distance to all the main hot spots!
On top of all this, one of the greatest parts is that we received buffet breakfast every morning! And the staff would make you anything you desire!!! Any omlette, scrambled eggs, whatever you like in it! Great service all around!
(Not to mention the beyond amazingly comfortable beds!!)

We absolutely loved our stay at hotel madalena and are already booking our return trip back there now!!

Room Tip: If you're staying with 4 people ask for a room of 4, amazingly set out rooms that are spacious a...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
#13 of 82 in Mykonos Town
Olia Hotel
Olia Hotel
#5 of 6 in Tourlos

Been to Madalena Hotel? Share your experiences!