Our experience at the Kouros was fabulous. It was my wife's favorite hotel during our trip to Greece - her only complaint was that we didn't stay longer! It started ahead of our arrival; we were flying in early from Athens and wanted to make the last ferry to Delos with a very tight connection. I exchanged emails with the hotel and they took care of everything, including a free pick up at the Mykonos airport, a quick stop at the hotel to drop off our bags and then a short ride to the port, with plenty of time to spare. Right from the outset, the staff were very exceptional, beginning with Reception.
The hotel is wondefully decorated and is located on the side of a cliff, so there are stairs everywhere (there is an elevator also). We had a large room, with an ocean view and a private balcony. The bathroom was also quite large and very modern. The room was very clean and bright and comes with a safe, minibar and free wifi. We spent quite a bit of time at the pool, which has a bar, food and excellent service. An excellent breakfast is served in this area also. The pool area is quite beautiful with great ocean views.
It is about a ten minute walk into Mykonos town center, all downhill. We actually walked back up to the hotel from the town and it was no problem at all. The hotel will run you into town and has complementary pickup service in the evenings from 8-12. We asked the concierge, Violetta, for a restaurant recommendation, and she said that the hotel chef provides meals exclusively for their guests and suggested we give it a try, then afterwards go into Mykonos for some drinks and enjoy the town. The meal was top-notch, very fresh Greek dishes, but with a modern influence.
We had a mid-afternoon ferry and the hotel allowed us to check out a little later and then store our bags in one room (we were two couples travelling) while we stayed around the pool and reception area until our ferry left. They even monitored the ferry arrival/departure and let us know that it was running about one hour late and to just relax at the hotel a little longer!
This not an inexpensive hotel, but in our case it was definitely worthwhile.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the seafront of Mykonos town, the Kouros Hotel & Suites offers you sophisticated accommodation and a wonderfully relaxing location with spectacular views over the old and new harbours. All rooms have private terraces with sea view. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Bookgreece.com, Agoda, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kouros Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kouros Hotel And Suites
- Kouros Hotel Mykonos Town
- Kouros Hotel & Suites Mykonos, Greece