I have nothing but nice things to say about this hotel. We stayed for 3 short nights at the end of June. As it was our anniversary, the staff had a lovely bottle of wine and snacks waiting for us in our room, which was a great way to welcome us to Mykonos after a long day of flying. From the moment you walk into the main lobby, you are just blown away by the breathtaking views. We arrived as the sun was beginning to set, which obviously made it just all that more lovely. The hotel is built into the side of a cliff, so the main entrance is at the top of the property and the rooms are located below. We were brought to a room at the mid-level, and incredible space with a terrace the size of my apartment in New York. Seriously. It overlooked the pool, and was incredibly large and beautiful (see attached pictures). They offer free transport from the airport if you arrange it in advance.
Kouros is located about 10 minutes outside of Mykonos town on foot. It's an easy walk there and back. We deliberately chose to stay at a hotel outside of the craziness of Mykonos Town... While the town is awesome, we were looking for a little peace and quiet at night. We got it. The hotel is not for those of you looking to get wasted and party until 4:00. They have a beautiful pool area, and a bar/restaurant that looked great, but it's pretty quiet at night. It's a great place to stay if you want to walk into town after a nice day at the beach, have a great meal, get drunk on ouzo, and stumble back to. The bed was very comfy, and the bathroom was great.
HERE'S WHAT MAKES THIS HOTEL SPECIAL: Alex and Breakfast. Alex, the concierge, was nothing short of spectacular. This dude spent as long as we needed talking to us... he advised us on what beaches to visit based on our somewhat nitpicky expectations. He told us how to get there. He helped us with car rental. He helped me get a sim card for my iPhone. He greeted us every time we saw him with a smile, and knew our names from before the time we arrived. He must live there, because I never didn't see him. The staff in general was top-notch. Stathis at the front desk was very helpful. The breakfast crew went out of their way to please. I'm not a breakfast-room type of guy, so every morning we'd bring plates up to our terrace, and the staff was always offering to help us carry them, etc. Breakfast itself was amazing. AMAZING. It changes daily, so you never know what you will see, but it was all a cut above any hotel breakfast I've ever had. Many reviewers have posted pictures, so check those out.
All in all, I can highly recommend Kouros. They made us feel special from the moment we arrived to the moment we left. I'm only sad that I couldn't spend longer there. Or live there. Seriously, I'd clean toilets at that place if it meant I could spend an entire summer there.
Alex... THANK YOU!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the seafront of Mykonos town, the Kouros Hotel & Suites offers you sophisticated accommodation and a wonderfully relaxing location with spectacular views over the old and new harbours. All rooms have private terraces with sea view. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Bookgreece.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kouros Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kouros Hotel And Suites
- Kouros Hotel Mykonos Town
- Kouros Hotel & Suites Mykonos, Greece