“A perfect experience. Period.”

Kouros Hotel & Suites
Ranked #12 of 82 Hotels in Mykonos Town
new rochelle, ny
“A perfect experience. Period.”
Reviewed August 1, 2012

I have nothing but nice things to say about this hotel. We stayed for 3 short nights at the end of June. As it was our anniversary, the staff had a lovely bottle of wine and snacks waiting for us in our room, which was a great way to welcome us to Mykonos after a long day of flying. From the moment you walk into the main lobby, you are just blown away by the breathtaking views. We arrived as the sun was beginning to set, which obviously made it just all that more lovely. The hotel is built into the side of a cliff, so the main entrance is at the top of the property and the rooms are located below. We were brought to a room at the mid-level, and incredible space with a terrace the size of my apartment in New York. Seriously. It overlooked the pool, and was incredibly large and beautiful (see attached pictures). They offer free transport from the airport if you arrange it in advance.

Kouros is located about 10 minutes outside of Mykonos town on foot. It's an easy walk there and back. We deliberately chose to stay at a hotel outside of the craziness of Mykonos Town... While the town is awesome, we were looking for a little peace and quiet at night. We got it. The hotel is not for those of you looking to get wasted and party until 4:00. They have a beautiful pool area, and a bar/restaurant that looked great, but it's pretty quiet at night. It's a great place to stay if you want to walk into town after a nice day at the beach, have a great meal, get drunk on ouzo, and stumble back to. The bed was very comfy, and the bathroom was great.

HERE'S WHAT MAKES THIS HOTEL SPECIAL: Alex and Breakfast. Alex, the concierge, was nothing short of spectacular. This dude spent as long as we needed talking to us... he advised us on what beaches to visit based on our somewhat nitpicky expectations. He told us how to get there. He helped us with car rental. He helped me get a sim card for my iPhone. He greeted us every time we saw him with a smile, and knew our names from before the time we arrived. He must live there, because I never didn't see him. The staff in general was top-notch. Stathis at the front desk was very helpful. The breakfast crew went out of their way to please. I'm not a breakfast-room type of guy, so every morning we'd bring plates up to our terrace, and the staff was always offering to help us carry them, etc. Breakfast itself was amazing. AMAZING. It changes daily, so you never know what you will see, but it was all a cut above any hotel breakfast I've ever had. Many reviewers have posted pictures, so check those out.

All in all, I can highly recommend Kouros. They made us feel special from the moment we arrived to the moment we left. I'm only sad that I couldn't spend longer there. Or live there. Seriously, I'd clean toilets at that place if it meant I could spend an entire summer there.

Alex... THANK YOU!

Room Tip: Some terraces are more private than others. Call and request what you'd like.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank adamwelsh
KourosHotelMykonos, Guest Relations Manager at Kouros Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Thank you very much for your nice words for the hotel and of course for myself. Also I must admit that your review is the funniest of all reviews and really made me laugh..........

You are so right though, I live at the hotel and I am pretty much all the time around reception, so our customers get to see me lots!!!

Thank you once again and I really hope to see you soon.

Alex

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed July 31, 2012

The location of the hotel was nice. It was within walking distance to town,but far enough away for privacy. Our room was a great size with a beautiful view of the bay area. The sunsets were so beautiful I hated to miss them any evening. What stood out to me was the staff and service. The entire staff was very friendly and eager to be of help. I lost my billfold while in town and the staff did all they could to be of assistance. We had dinner one night in their restaurant. The food was excellent. One of the best Caesar salads I have ever had. Breakfast was a buffet and was nicely presented with several choices. I would definitely go back there and would highly recommend it.

• Stayed May 2012
You are absolutely right on your comment regarding our restaurant. It is tailor maid for the needs of this hotel by a famous Greek chef from Athens. Its cuisine is Mediterrannean and the dishes are prepared to perfection providing excellent service all the time and I am glad to read that you had good times.

Thank you for your review and your nice comments!!

Take good care.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Came from the states to experience Greece and I must say, it was tough to leave the Kouros hotel. It is absolutely beautiful, its location is perfect and the staff are so helpful and wonderful. They were always available and more than willing to answer any questions, book local services and give us the best restaurant recommendations. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone that is staying in Mykonos. The rooms are comfortable and amazing and the views are breathtaking. And I should also mention that Alex was so great and made our trip so much better. I cannot wait to come back and stay at this hotel!

Room Tip: The rooms facing out to the ocean have the most beautiful views in all of Greece!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
It was a real pleasure meeting you and getting to know you during your stay at Kouros Hotel & Suites.

Reading that your overall stay here was good and met your standards was great, knowing also that my effort made it a bit better that was a real treat for me.

Thank you also for the great surprise you left behind...... Your message put a big smile in my face, the bottle still has some left but most of it is already gone (most of it mixed with lemon juise, fresh limes inside and tons of ice).

Take good care of yourselves and I really hope to see you sometime soon.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I could not think of a better experience or better hotel to have stayed at on Mykonos! The hotel Kouros is beautiful and in a perfect location. Every evening we saw the most amazing sunsets from either our private stone balcony, the pool, or from the terrace of the lobby. All were equally amazing spots to view the colors as the sun sunk into the sea. The attendant who picked us up from the airport in the complimentary airport shuttle was friendly and efficient. When we arrived the Kouros was very clean with beautiful decor, and everyone there was friendly and helpful. We felt like we had our own private villa the staff was so attentive. The pool bar served the most delicious fresh fruit drinks to sip at the table in the pool and the restaurant served delicious food as well. The location of the hotel was also perfect for us. We could easily walk into Mykonos town, yet were far enough away that we could relax in the beautiful surroundings of the Kouros. Alex, our super concierge/manager gave perfect advice to us regarding restaurants, beaches, nightlife, cars, and arranged it all. He was so available to our group that we wondered if he ever slept. We can't say thank you enough to Alex and the staff at Kouros for making our trip to Mykonos very memorable. Definitely the best hotel that we stayed in on our tour of Greece!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Returning customer, travelled with friends and found it was amazing. The hotel location is perfect and has the best panoramic views I have ever seen - stunning!
The hotel has a great spa, pool and restaurant, the staff are very friendly and recommended great activities and beaches to visit. This was the perfect get away from rainy London, and I highly recommend it to all. I'll be back again!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Being a returning customer you made my job a lot easier since you know a lot and you do not really need me.

However it is a real treat for all of us at Kouros Hotel to see the dedication that our customers show to us. Always a pleasure to have you over at our hotel and thank you for spreading the word of mouth for Kouros to your friends.

Take good care!

Reviewed July 21, 2012

The Kouros Hotel on Mykonos has breathtaking views, a very accommodating staff, beautiful decor, and delicious food. The manager Alex was spot-on with all of his recommendations for our group. We are so grateful for his helpful advice on everything from restaurants to beaches to car rentals. He was always there to greet us. We loved the stone steps connecting all the different levels, the walks into and back from town each evening for dinner, the white decor with the simple red statues of Kouros, the beautiful pool and fun pool-bar staff, the smiling breakfast staff, the library of books, the balconies, the complimentary shuttles to and from the airport, and the delicious food in the restaurant. Only the nit-pickiest person could find something to complain about here. It really was a perfect stay. Thank you to everyone at the Kouros...you made the last leg of our Greece trip absolutely delightful!

Room Tip: Room 32 is excellent, just a few steps from the main lobby and has a great balcony. For a smaller ro...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for all of your lovely comments. They real mean lots to us and they give us the power and the energy to try harder to do the best for all of our guests.

It was my pleasure providing you with "local" information during your stay and a joy to read that you had an overall fantastic time here at our hotel.

I hope to see you soon so you can enjoy again dinner at our restaurant sometime at 8ish overlooking the amazing sunset.

Take care,
NJ
Reviewed July 18, 2012

The venue is quite pretty. The terrace is private. The suite is spacious. The breakfast buffet is amazing for such a small place. Staff are friendly as things go well, though as has been noted elsewhere, if things turn south they do not always keep their cool. This is a very nice, well done place. But it is not 5 stars. There are deficiencies that you should know about.

The first thing wrong is probably easy to fix. A suite should have a couple of drawers, somewhere. It might be in a closet, it might be in a dresser, they might be introduced in any of a number of ways. The suite here had zero drawers. This drives me nuts. Fortunately for me, my other hotel, in Santorini, did have drawers as it ought.

Secondly, the huge cruise ships often park directly in front of this hotel, ruining the water view. I was here for 4 days. One was clear. One had a small cruise ship, and two days had monster ships right in front. I attach a picture taken out of my main window: you can see the problem for yourself. This is very unfortunate: the single day without a cruise ship i had a beautiful sunset directly in front of me. One day out of 4. I would not stay here on my next trip to Mykonos solely because of this view issue.

There was also a problem with one desk clerk. Those things happen, and the owner stepped in and solved the issue well, so I have no desire to go into detail.

Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
#1 of 26 in Platys Gialos
Nissaki Boutique Hotel
Nissaki Boutique Hotel
#2 of 26 in Platys Gialos

Been to Kouros Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!