We took two rooms at the Kouros hotel and really enjoyed it.
Each room had a semi-private terrace overlooking the sea. The terrace came with armchairs and tables, so we were able to have an evening drink admiring the view. Inside the rooms were very well decorated in a modern minimalist style and a massive bed. Fun extras like a huge golden metallic coloured bean bag and stylish lighting made the accommodation very comfortable. The marble bathroom was nice too, although the door didn't quite clear the bath.
The breakfast buffet was exceptionally good, with a large choice of very tasty and stylish food. The only slight flaws were poor quality reconstituted fruit juice and Americano style filter coffee in a jug. The coffee was greatly improved when we subsequently ordered Greek coffee which was delicious. Joanna our friendly waitress greeted us with a warm smile each morning and went out of her way to please us.
It should be noted that while there is a poolside snack menu with toasted sandwiches, burgers, salad, etc it's not a full restaurant and you'll probably want to go out for dinner. I ordered a cocktail and although nicely presented and a bit of trouble went in to it, it didn't taste great and @ €12 wasn't exactly a steal.
Although the hotel is only a short distance from the town the road is a tricky walk - there is an upper and lower road, and neither has a paved footpath or proper lighting and both feature hurtling cars and motorbikes and sharp bends. There's a limited free shuttle service to and from Mykonos town. Luciano the driver is very pleasant and helpful and deserves our thanks. Bring a torch if you're going to walk it, and get a cheap taxi if the shuttle times don't suit you.
I recommend the Kouros Hotel. The views are stunning, the decor is cool and smart and the rooms well appointed. The staff were all unfailingly pleasant if sometimes a little overworked.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the seafront of Mykonos town, the Kouros Hotel & Suites offers you sophisticated accommodation and a wonderfully relaxing location with spectacular views over the old and new harbours. All rooms have private terraces with sea view. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets and Cancelon so you can book your Kouros Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kouros Hotel And Suites
- Kouros Hotel Mykonos Town
- Kouros Hotel & Suites Mykonos, Greece