“Amazing 3 nights”

Apollonia Hotel & Resort
Ranked #55 of 82 Hotels in Mykonos Town
Reviewed May 27, 2014

It was great 3 nights.. first of all I have booked a room with jacuuzi.. but when I said that it is my honeymoon.. they upgraded it to a suite with sauna.. the location is great.. quiet and calm atmosphere.. food is great.. the only thing is the bugs and ants.. they are everywhere here.. the hotel is so clean and the staff are great.. recommend this resort for vacation and honeymoon too..

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Mohammed A

Reviewed November 12, 2013

I stayed in Apollonia Hotel in Mykonos with the group of 6 friends as my guests for 2-3 days beginning of August and it was generally pleasant experience. Expensive but decent rooms, food and friendly staff, which I was familiar with due to my previous stay at the hotel. At the check-out my AMEX card could not be charged for an unknown reason so I was informed that I will be charged from another property of the same owner, which sounded OK to me. After a month I have received the bank statement with the same amount charged twice - actually from both properties! Since early September I am trying to refund the amount of close to 2.500 EUR on my credit card with no success. I left my contacts to the reception staff numerous times with no answer. I spoke once to the Manager/Owner, certain Mr. Michalis who blamed it on the staff and promised quick solution, but after that stopped taking my calls. Early October I have received an email from the accountant, Mr. Stavros Papargyriou, who asked for my credit card details in order to execute the refund, which he never did. Now, nobody is answering emails or telephone, due to the end of the season, so I guess I will have to find legal ways to get my money back. I started to believe that this is actually a scheme which a lot of people do not really recognize or is too complicated to pursue.

Room Tip: Rooms that you pay only with cash, no credit cards!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
7  Thank Dejan R
Reviewed September 24, 2013

My best friend and I stayed at Apollonia Hotel&Resort in Mykonos from July the 3rd until the 8th, 2013. Being myself a student from a hospitality school in Switzerland, I have to say that this hotel is simply magical. The view is breath taking, the pool is very clean, fresh and beautiful, the food of the restaurant is delicious and trust me, there is nothing greater than eating, swimming and enjoying the sun from on of the hotel's hammac, while looking at a paradisiac and peaceful view. The only negative point is that there is no WIFI in the rooms, but being on holidays, means no need of phone and emails! Otherwise, Amazing staff and service, great location and we surely will come again very soon! :)

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Cíndy F
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Pick up from the airport was excellent and first impressions of the hotel were good, reception and lounge areas especially. Once we'd checked in we were shown to our room and to be honest we were a little disappointed, it was quite basic and certainly not up to the standard we expected after seeing the fabulous reception and lounge areas. The supposed double bed was two singles pushed together, the bathroom was very tired but I must stress everywhere was spotless, the cleaning staff did a great job.
We had a huge balcony with nice views and a jacuzzi but we were above the kitchen and we were woken almost every morning at 6.30 by staff downstairs preparing for the day.
The pool area is excellent although quite small. The hotel was never more than half full when we were there so there was never a problem with sunbeds but I think that could change if it was full occupancy bearing in mind there's only 20 or so loungers.
Breakfast was ok with a decent selection but I can't say what dinner was like because we ate out every night either at the Belissimo just up the road where the food, prices and service were excellent or in Mykonos town. We did try the Hippy Fish on the beach front but we were treated like an inconvenience. Even though the place wasn't busy the attitude of the staff was horrendous and we couldn't finish our meal fast enough and leave we were made to feel so uncomfortable. I could go on more about that but I won't except to say I have my own very successful business and if that was my place I'd be making major changes as soon as possible. Disgraceful.
This was our third visit to Greece in 4 months and we usually have a car but this time we thought we'd try the local bus service and it was very good picking up and dropping off just 2 minutes from the hotel. The journey to Mykonos takes about 15 minutes and costs 1.60 euro's one way, all very easy.
My wife and I like quiet but the location and the time of year meant it was too quiet for us but overall we had a great time.

Room Tip: Be wary if you have problems with steps, the hotel is on a steep hillside which means quite a hike i...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank EvoSpringer
Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

Our transfer was on time and we gazed in wonder at this beautiful boutique resort
First impressions are so important and informative and the receptionist welcomed us sincerely and we immediately felt at home
The room featured French doors which opened on to a patio overlooking the bay
Everything was clean light and airy
The dining room was wonderful as was the food and the attentive wait staff could not have been more personable going out of their way to offer 5 star service
The pool was amazing!
Car hire was organised through the front desk and was delivered to us and collected the next day
Nothing was too much trouble for anyone and the attention to detail excellent
This is an experience not to be missed when in Mykonos
Loved it and a return trip is being planned!

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank deb t
Reviewed September 12, 2013

We first arrived at Mykonos via ferry- had a nice complimentary pickup and drop off service by the hotel. Our room had a nice view, however we had asked for a queen/ double bed but they had joined two twins and propped it up to be a queen/double. We stayed in room 209 and the sewer system STANK. That foul smell of sewage coming from the the washroom and the fact that we needed to always walk to any destinations was the semi-negative. Other than that hotel had a very romantic feel and was SUPER quiet and relaxing so just what we were looking for. For dinner and lunch we always went next door a 3 minute walk to Bellissimo/vasiliko restaurant- amazing pizza! Breakfast was pretty good-no omelettes but a wide selection of other goodies. View from our private balcony was pretty good too, bus stop was close by And a mini market. One of the service girls was really nice, the other one with blonde hair was quite rude and snobby! Overall good pick:) porter was very helpful and nice carrying our super heavy baggage all the way up to our room with no elevator.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view room and anything past 2nd floor be PREPARED to walk!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sandy2602
Reviewed August 26, 2013

The hotel has a nice set up, with lovely swimming pool, excellent location, excellent breakfast selection and beautiful decoration details. It does however need some improvements as the current service offered does not justify prices: 1) needs to better select the room service / housekeeping: bathroom was not clean upon our arrival and the bath/shower gel was an old - half used bottle, some lady's underwear was still hanging on the shower. 2) rooms need some upgrading - particularly the "jacuzzi" in the balcony needs to be changed / taken care of. 3) the whole hotel system should be fixed: no hot water for 2 days and generic electricity black outs are not justified at the current hotel fare. 4) probably a better receptionist would help....

Have been to Mykonos 5 times, there are better hotels at those prices - alternatively you can spend less and still have a the same level of service.

• Stayed: August 2013
3 mi away
Olia Hotel
Olia Hotel
#4 of 6 in Tourlos

Been to Apollonia Hotel & Resort? Share your experiences!