As I continued traveling through Greece solo, i decided to book a last minute flight/stay to mykonos island. Why not right? I ended up going for only one night and decided to book it at this 3 star hotel.
Why i loved this place:
1. It was a 3 min walk to the bus station (in mykonos town there are only TWO MAIN bus stations, one on the south side of town (where despotiko hotel is) and one on the north side of mykonos town. These buses are extremely useful, because they take you to all the different beaches on this island (cost is 1.60 euros each way and they run until 2am). ALSO, at this bus station, they list all of the times of the buses that come and go from there (about every 15 min), also there is one bus that takes you to the airport which is convenient if you dont have too much stuff with you. the bus to the airport didnt work for me though because it doesn't run in the evening, so will only work if your flight leaves from mykonos before 5pm (also costs a little bit more like 4-6 euros one way by bus but def cheaper than taking a cab).
2. It was a short walk to the windmills, little venice and allllll the shops in mykonos town (10 min walk to the windmills/little venice if you know where you're going, get a FREE map of mykonos at the airport if you fly into the island, if not it can cost you 3-5 euros to buy one). The town is just down the street from this hotel!!!
3. It is a 10 min drive from Mykonos airport which means cheaper for you to take a cab although of course still pricey, cost me 20 euros and the airport was that close to this hotel and thats just one way, but imagine having to take a cab further into town! Keep in mind I was traveling alone so if you have more people obviously cab rides would be cheaper for all of you.
4. The room I had was next to the pool (i didnt' request it, just luck i guess) and it was a double door-ed room with two twin beds side by side. it was tiled floor and the room was just gorgeous. it was extremely clean!!! I had no complaints. The pool was medium sized and very clean with cushioned lounge chairs around it (maybe 10-12 of them) but who would really go in there when you are within reach of all the amazing beaches in mykonos.
5. This hotel was RIGHT NEXT to a bike/car/atv rental place. everyone was on atv's and scooters and motorcycles here. So if you're looking to rent, this hotel is right next to a few rental places actually. Not sure on prices, i preferred to walk the town instead.
6. The staff at the front desk were amazing to me. I look fairly young and they still treated me very well and accommodated all of my needs (taxi rides, recommendations, and carrying my heavy suitcase in and out of my room). I never ate the hotel, they serve free breakfast but i chose to eat in mykonos town.
Those are the perks of this hotel. Now, the only possible negative thing that i can think of when i think back is that you can faintly, and i mean very faintly hear music through the walls. Ive been in worse hotels where i could actually hear people in the next room talking but at night someone, somewhere in the hotel had loud music and i was able to kind of hear it. it didn't bother me though. beds were comfy and i was able to fall asleep fine. if you're going to mykonos, i would recommend this place!! it was in the town which is where you want to be and it was easy to get around from here.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Despotiko Hotel Mykonos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Despotiko Mykonos Town
- Despotiko Hotel Mykonos Town
- Despotiko Hotel Mykonos Greece