“Well worth a visit for nice Italian food in Mykonos”

Catari Ristorante Italiano
Ranked #51 of 227 Restaurants in Mykonos Town
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

Visited Catari for dinner during our holiday in Mykonos and we weren't disappointed. We arrived at 8.30pm, a little early for the area and we were one of only two couples. It soon filled up however over the next half an hour, showing you how popular ad liked this place is. Very friendly and attentive staff guided us to our choice of table in the beautiful courtyard with its lovely yellow wooden tables and chairs and candlelight. The most striking feature of the courtyard was the huge, ancient palm trees sprouting from the ground, so tall that they actually rest on the walls of the adjacent building.
The brilliant staff attentively delivered the menus, described the day's specials and offered their opinion on what was good. We chose one from their array of delicious sounding pizzas and the linguine with tuna. Whilst we waited we had a basket of different breads with a tasty salmon and mascarpone dip. All the food was very good, fresh, with tasty simple ingredients. We washed it down with a glass of the house red and house white, both of which are recommended. One thing to comment on, and far from a bad thing, the portion sizes are not small. Both of us can eat, and we were very satisfied after this, so satisfied we had to skip dessert!
Thoroughly recommended. We may even be back this week.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

The food and service was amazing at this restaurant. It was recommended by one of our friends who lives in Mykonos and did not disappoint. The atmosphere was casual and friendly. We loved it so much that we ate here twice during our trip. We will definitely make this a regular place to eat each year when we visit Mykonos.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Ok I have to admit that as an italian I couldn't be the most qualified person to judge an italian restaurant. But here's the new. I can assure you that most of the times such experience ends with a "in Italy everything taste much better than this junky food supposed to be italian". Well this is not the case. Catari is a perfect combination of "real" italian cuisine especially pasta and a well balanced mixture of greek and international little variation on the main theme like pizza. The result is excellent. Egidio (Gigi) and Oscar are great host. And the place deserve to be visited.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Being the first time in Greece, Mykonos was our first choice as it was recommended by numerous people back in the UK. Being in hospitality I really didn't know what to expect, on first glance it reminded me of Ibiza, walking past this restaurant a few times the first day I really wanted to try it. We turned up at 10pm and got a lovely table at the front to people watch, well it just got better! The staff were soooo friendly I didn't have to top my glass up once they were always there just at the right time. My friend had the truffle and prawn pasta... Smelled fantastic. I was boring and had the lasagne, was the best I have ever had would definitely recommend to anyone that isn't fond of fish like me! We ended the meal with a cocktail, toffee martini satisfied my sweet tooth! At the end of the meal the owner or manager (sorry forgot his name) came over with 2 shots of lemoncello and introduced himself, gave us some local info and directions and recommended another restaurant his partner works at which we will go to tonight! I really felt that I should leave a review today before I forgot. Well done to Catari I will try and pop in for lunch before I go. Oh and thanks for the directions we found the bar and enjoyed the night a little too much.... Pool day today I think!

Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

I was there with my wife, the place was no more than half full, we were honestly very casually dressed for what seemed to be a fancier place but we were warmly welcomed. We ordered to go, the pizza was ready in less than 15 min and it was great! The pizza has a thin crust (which I love the most) and tasted wonderful. It is a small and charming place right at the entrance of the town. I will return there for sure, I recommend it.