Porto Mykonos Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Mykonos View Hotel(Mykonos Town)
Madalena Hotel(Mykonos Town)
Apanema Resort(Mykonos Town)
Aegean Hotel(Mykonos Town)
  • Pool
View Hotel
Petasos Town Hotel(Mykonos Town)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsold portamazing viewssea viewbathroom floorour honeymoonbeautiful hotellittle veniceminute walk into townwelcome drinkthe location is perfectpool barbalconysunsetislandmykonosgreeceferry
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I recently stayed at Porto Mykonos while travelling to Greece with my boyfriend. Although the hotel offers some pretty views and a nice lobby, I would not recommend this hotel. First, the staff were not courteous, with the exception of the pool bartender, who was very welcoming and friendly. The hotel is right by the port, which, though convenient for ferry transport, offers unpleasing views of the many large cruise ships that stop at Mykonos for several days at a time.

The rooms were small; the beds were quite uncomfortable; the bathroom was not ideal as the shower was not enclosed and thus the floor would get very wet after every shower. Furthermore, the AC in our room was broken and calls to the front desk about this did not result in a resolution. Our room was located near the Street, pass an unfinished and rather ugly parking lot. When the staff first led us through this parking lot to show us our room, I honestly wanted to switch hotels. I will never stay at this place again. It is worth about a third of the price I paid per night, and there are plenty of better options on the island, including the Poseidon Hotel.

2  Thank Helen P
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Just got back from a stay at the Porto Mykonos. There were some good things about this hotel and some things that were really pretty bad. I have to stay that many of the reviews that I read on this site before going where pretty accurate, so I have no excuses for being surprised about the bad stuff.

Starting with the good: The staff was very friendly and attentive. When we requested something they where quick to address our request. The pool was pretty nice but not amazing. It did overlook the port parking lot, but that didn't really bother me much. The location of the hotel was good, just a short walk to the center of town. There was also a parking lot on site for the scooter and car our group rented. The views from the rooms were pretty nice (if you look past the port). The lobby was cute and fairly comfortable.

Now the bad: The rooms really were not good. Based on the rooms alone I would give it at most 2 stars. The furniture looked like Ikea furniture from 10 years ago that was falling apart. The beds were not comfortable, the pillows were not comfortable, and the blanket was flimsy at best. The worst thing by far was the bathrooms. Our shower curtain hung outside of the shower drain pan. The result was no matter how careful you were, the entire bathroom would get flooded when ever you took a shower. We resorted to getting pool towels to soak up the mess every day since we were only provided 2 bath towels. Everything else about the bathroom was pretty poor as well. The breakfast was so-so.

I know that everything in Mykonos is expensive, but I had friends staying at far nicer hotels, in great locations for similar money. I am not an overly picky person, but for the money I cannot recommend this hotel. If they would renovate their bathrooms and update their furniture with comfortable beds and updated furniture I could recommend it. Until they do that though my recommendation is to look elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Mike H
Reviewed August 23, 2012

The best of the hotel is the view from the terrace. The rooms are beautiful decorated and i strongly recommend to book a sew view room.
The location is very convenient, as you get in the center of Chora in no time.
Everything was perfect.
The room was small and the bathroom also, but it was clean and cosy.
Breakfast was basic but adequate.
Kudos to Rula and her team, all the staff were very kind, helpful and extremely friendly too.
Definitely we are coming back

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 22, 2012

My wife and i stayed at the hotel at the beginning of August for a week, the hotel is a four star property with five star well staffed service., From the moment we were greeted and shown to our room, we were in paradise. All the staff were incredible,it felt as though we were just with friends, amazing service and recommendations of the concierges were on the spot.
Astonishing view, free wifi in the lobby, white and clean rooms.
thank you all for for a great time.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

we just loved it! the location is perfect, it's a 5min walk from the main town, and far enough to enjoy a quiet and relaxed time (mykonos can be really crowded and noisy at night).
The staff is helpful and the setting is really nice! pool, room, lobby, view etc... everything was perfect!

would certainly recommend it :)

2  Thank layoosh