“Our favorite place”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Kadena

Kadena
Ranked #31 of 215 Restaurants in Mykonos Town
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Scenic view, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Our favorite place”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

My friend and I walked in for cup of coffee at Kadena on our second day in Mykonos and we kept coming back every day during our stay. The staff are friendly and helpful coffee is the best in town and the view is breath taking.

• Visited August 2013

• Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
“A rip off”
Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

We were disappointed with the quality of the food, $94 euro for 4 people having mezze which consisted of 5 appetisers, 1 slice of bread each (which cost 7ε) & 1 litre οf house read (22ε) - typically similar meals have been costing us around 60ε.....be aware!!!!!!!!!!

Visited August 2013
County Durham, UK
“A Smile is a Curve that sets Everything Straight.......”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

My husband and I visited Kadena while visiting Mykonos on a cruise.
To be honest we weren't really bothered about getting off the ship but decided to anyway as we were docked rathered than tendered.
We rambled aimlessly through the pretty narrow streets with every intention of going back to our cruise ship for lunch on board but came across Kadena when we were making our way back.
It seemed fairly busy (much more so tha the other restauarants and cafes in the area) with a mix of tourists and locals - I which I always think is a good sign.
What I loved about it was the very relaxed atmosphere - especially their clever use of quotes and verses (it may not be easy to see on the photo but the waiting staff were all wearing polo shirts with my review title on the back - which in turn made me smile).
Every page of the menu (printed in Greek and English) also had a quote or a verse - things like 'Spaghetti can be eaten most successfully if you inhale it like a vacuum cleaner - Sophia Loren' - and each adding a little extra to the overall 'feel good' atmosphere.
We decided on ordering appetisers rather than main courses - both were delicious, though my husband had no choice but to leave some of his - Mykonian sausages, as there was enough to feed both of us and some.
We had a glass of red greek house wine and happily watched the world pass us by for quite some time with no hassle to settle our bill or order more drinks and food from the staff - in fact we were actually offered a complimentary glass of metaxa which was lovely.
Their staff are attentive but not overly so, the food and drink is excellent and they even offer a pay as you go internet cafe for 4 Euros an hour (significantly less than on board ship!!). OUr bill came to just under 30 Euros and we thought it was worth every penny.
All in all, a lovely experience and I would wholehearetdly recommend a visit.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank suryemist
Vancouver, BC
“Terrible”
Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

We ended up here on the suggestion of our hotel. Like many places in Mykonos it's incredibly overpriced.

I ordered the Greek pizza (dry crust that tasted pre made) and my husband had the chicken gyros; dry dry dry dry and bland.

Waited almost 10 minutes before the waiter even thought to bring us a menu, took our orders immediately after. Someone else brought the food and it was the usual struggle to find someone and to pay.

Worst of all; that crappy terrible lunch cost us €38!! Terrible.

1 Thank Katyskates
Colchester, Vermont
“Water views”
Reviewed June 3, 2012

Ate here in May, the outside dining was great for people watching. The food was very good, we ordered a few pizzas, and had some wine. The staff was friendly. Great place for a pit stop.

• Visited May 2012