“Some of the best people watching anywhere”
Review of K for Kiku

K for Kiku
Ranked #77 of 227 Restaurants in Mykonos Town
Cuisines: Greek, Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Also Found Under A Mykonos Forum. Had A Lovely Meal Here Tonight
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Had a real nice meal here with my better half about 10 days ago.
Elsa our host, was wonderful .
Managed to get a table closest to the passing parade of people and boy was it fun to watch the show.
As they do at D'Angelo, the wine and beer are served ice cold and that's just the way we love it.
Not much for white wine served barely chilled, especially when it's hot outside.
Prices are very reasonable, in a town where that's not often the case.
If you are in Mykonos, make sure to stop here for a meal .
Enjoy!

2  Thank Sapo59

Reviewed July 6, 2014

We found this restaurant when wandering around the town last year, we had a great meal and therefore made a point of returning this year. I am pleased to say the service and the food continue to be good.

1  Thank Juls3456
Reviewed July 4, 2014

Began eating at Lotus 20 years ago on my first visit to Mykonos and continue to enjoy returning every single year. The food is fabulous, the atmosphere is charming and romantic, and the staff is warm, welcoming and efficient. The bar is always fun and a great place to meet and talk with people from all over the world. Would recommend this restaurant to anyone. Why go anywhere else?

1  Thank summergreek
Reviewed July 3, 2014

We walked by this restaurant many times from what I understand but we only noticed it when we were in the mood for a nice drink. That is probably because it is not aggressively shouting "HEY!!1 I AM HERE!!1111". So elegant...

The place is marvelous, traditional yet somehow 70's chique with an island flair. It is a place where one can enjoy a nice cocktail under the "leaf ceiling". We all had "gin punches" and "wodka punches" which were refreshing, intoxicating and tongue tingling, thus serving their purpose.

As we grew hungry we thought to leave the place as we saw many restaurants that we would like to try but my girlfriend insisted on having dinner here as she liked the ambiance and the other customers seemed to like their food. So we asked if we could have a table for four persons. We had to wait a little bit as the place was full so we lingered on our drinks and our bartender.

The service was up to our standards which means friendly, not too engaging and efficient. The menu is very rich and each dish is explained(which is very helpful as we came by surprise in other restaurants).

We were seated by a nice table with a petit bench. Our dinner started with a tuna dip, shrimps with avocado and chicken caesar salad. Later came the tirí saganáki, mykonian sausage in a pan with wine and lemon and the creamy mushrooms lotus...[to die for, we had to have one more order]. Our main courses were straight from the greek memories of some long gone and reborn cook. mousáka, souvláki kebab oriental, shrips saganáki and lamb from the oven. All of them were amazing in so many levels. I had the lamb which was just amazing. I am a chef myself and I was dazzled.

The wine was exquisite, we had the santorini white with our starters, the red théma with our main courses. Later we decided for some more wine so we had a plateau de fromage. The dessert, which was a mykonian recipe/transformation of the tiramisu as we were informed by our wonderful dutch host: Elsa, was a nice touch to end our dinner but something was missing... we asked for espressos and the selection of digestifs and we decided to have mastiha and tentura. Both were quite nice as we shared but I will not order tentura again as it is too scrapie for my palette.

The place adds to the experience, the weathered walls, the lighting, the paved floor is a heightened extension of the main road. I found all those traits to be fantastic and worth mentioning as I can see that other businesses all over the world do not respect their heritage.

As the dinner ended and we decided to go back to the "real world" we saw the island through an other lens and while we were leaving, the little restaurant disappeared again before our eyes for until the next time...

I hope that we will come back next year!

1  Thank jean m
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Visited in June this year after seeing the good reviews for this restaurant. Very dissapointed to say the least. Bland and poorly presented food, chef needs to up his game and toilet looks like a 1930's outside toilet.
Avoid and go elsewhere.