“You will not be disappointed”
Review of Bakalo

Bakalo
Ranked #16 of 217 Restaurants in Mykonos Town
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Newly born Greek Eatery in downtown Mykonos, Bakaló is a casual chic diner with retro decorative touches reminiscent of a Greek bistro of a bygone era but with modern flair. Its menu is a tribute to traditional Greek home cooking and is prepared using only fresh local ingredients; its friendly service and prices make it ideal for alfresco dining and people watching.
Bath, United Kingdom
“You will not be disappointed”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Not the biggest restaurant so arrive early or book in advance. The passion to serve was evident from the out set which is always a good sign. The waiter was happy to explain and make recommendations which when you don't know the cuisine is a great help. We really enjoyed the whole evening and I can highly recommend the flavours and texture of all the food. Try the fried courgette.

Visited May 2013

• Greek first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent!”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Extremely friendly staff and great service to match. Food was full of flavour. Will definitely revisit.

• Visited June 2013
“Amazing modern Greek cuisine”
Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

Read all the positive reviews on trip advisor and this restaurant lived up to our expectations. Service was second to none and the meals were delicious !! Would recommend highly !!

• Visited May 2013
Birmingham
“Fabulous greek cuisine & great service”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Lovely little Greek taverna serving traditional food in a contemporary way with great service and a friendly front of house team. A definite recommendation and a place that we have been to 3 times now and I LOVE their moussaka!!

Visited May 2013
“Best overall experience in Mykonos so far - food, service and atmosphere! And we are a bit on the foodie side!”
Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

GO TO BAKALO!

Thought I'd just put it out there plainly. :)

My husband and I have a love affair with Greece, but this is our first trip to Mykonos. We've been here several days and, to be fair, have had an amazing gastronomic experience every single evening. However, Bakalo really stood out.

We went in search of the restaurant due to its Trip Advisor reviews. It was a bit off the main path we'd been cutting through the town, so took a bit of finding (It's not far, mind you. Just a bit tricky around the twisting roads.) Hint: It's next to a bar with a huge sign called Mex. Find Mex and you'll find Bakalo.

When we arrived I was delighted. The restaurant is small... the main bit spilling out onto a street patio... but absolutely darling. The decor is a bit Greek meets shabby chic. Think white tables with little metal lanterns.

Although the place was crowded (always a good sign!),we were seated immediately. Nikos (the owner) himself came over to explain the menu to us. He was a lovely man and had quite a bit of time for us throughout the evening.

We had a couple of waiters that helped us. Everyone was beyond nice and so helpful! We (okay, I) ordered a carafe of house wine, which was delicious yet reasonable. I had the Greek sald which was hands down the best Greek salad I've had in the island... and it is ky mission to have at least one per day! Juicy, ripe tomato mingled with fresh pepper and cucumber with huge hunks of feta cheese. There was no need to dress it with the oil the waiter brought to the table as it was pretty damn near perfection.
My husband had mushrooms caps stuffed with pork and gruyere and baked into deliciousness. For mains, I went traditional with a bit of chicken souvlaki. Gorgeous. But my husband out-ordered me with a dish of traditional Greek pasta mixed with Greek cheese , spinache and a Greek cured ham. STUNNING!

We were full to bursting at this point so I wistfully turned down the offer of desert when offered. However, the attentive staff let us sit and enjoy the evening a bit longer without reclaiming the table. Nikos spent at least 10 minutes with us chatting about the local cuisine and gave us a few recommendations for other places we might like with good food and honest prices. He even wrote it all down for us!

Needless to say, it was an amazing and amazingly-delicious experience that we will certainly repeat and you shouldn't miss!

Even though we were done,

• Visited June 2012