“Hidden Gem in Middle of Mykonos Town”
Review of Fato a Mano

Fato a Mano
Ranked #5 of 216 Restaurants in Mykonos Town
Good for: Kids, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Montgomery, Texas
“Hidden Gem in Middle of Mykonos Town”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Our cruise made an unscheduled stop in Mykonos because of violence in the streets of Athens. So without planning, we were left to wander the streets. We bumped into some friends from the cruise while lost in misdirected streets and they highly recommended Fato a Mano based on their early lunch. So along with some other friends, we heeded their advice. Great call! I was not surprised to see the love here on TripAdvisor after the fact. There are some tables inside but most are out on the patio where we sat in those big wicker chairs some earlier reviews panned. For us, they added to the charm.

The appetizers of bread with yogurt dip and the fruit plate were delightful on a warm, sunny day. The location shields it from the islands well deserved reputation for being gusty. My wife & I both ordered Greek Salads and it was not only fresh and tasty but also exceptionally large.

For our main course, we both chose lunch specials off the chalk board near our table. My wife went with the traditional moussaka. She thoroughly enjoyed it. I took a few bites but I am not a huge eggplant guy so I should probably avoid offering opinions as such.

I chose a plate of calimari legs. Yeah, not a very original selection. But they were very well prepared and for something I considered a light lunch it was outstanding.

My wife topped off her lunch with an espresso that seemed to leave her smiling. We'll be back on our next Greek Isles cruise.

1 Thank SlyFox_TX

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Brisbane, Australia
“doesn't get much better than this...”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This was hands down the best restaurant we ate at in Mykonos! The service was excellent, and the food… divine! We dined here twice during our stay, the first time I had the stuffed beef burger, and the second, the moussaka. My partner had the chicken and bacon souvlaki twice, and I can confirm after trying it that it was fantastic too. Both were absolutely excellent, and the house white wine was crisp and deliciously matched to our food. The complimentary dessert and liqueur to follow was very thoughtful also.

The décor is lovely, the relaxed outdoor dining in comfortable seat just excellent.

The manager (I think) even recommended some bars for us to hit later at night… unfortunately we couldn’t stay up until 1am when they really got going… must be getting too old. But the gesture was well appreciated!

Wishing there was a Fato e Mano here in Australia! Bravo.

1 Thank BrioneJean
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Nice but not great...”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

This place is very welcoming and the staff are super. Food wise, it's simple and honest, but not stunning. In fact, the rice we had when we went was inedible- but that did not ruin the meal.
The chairs, we sat at the front, are not suitable for dining! We "sank" into the chair, so it made eating rather uncomfortable- better to ask for tables in the middle.
Not bad, just ok.

• Visited July 2013
“Fabulous!”
Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

Place to be and to eat! Food was delicious and the atmosphere was tremendous! Waiters were very helpful! We did not know that this restaurant was soooo good until we gave it a try on our last day of our vacation! Otherwise we would have come here over and over again! :)

1 Thank Taakje
Caprino Bergamasco, Italy
“One of the best restaurants I've ever been”
Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

I've been here twice and I was amazed by the quality of the food. Everything that comes from the grill is perfectly cooked and extremely tasty, plus the service is amazing, everybody was friendly and very attentive to details. Also good value for money. I definitely recommend it!

• Visited July 2013