“Awesome view, great food”
Review of Katerina's Bar

Katerina's Bar
Ranked #17 of 217 Restaurants in Mykonos Town
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: In the heart of Little Venice, "Katerina's Bar Restaurant" offers delicious cuisine and refreshing cocktails with the most spectacular view of Mykonos!
London
“Awesome view, great food”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

We went to Katerinas following a recommendation from a friends and I'm so glad we did! We booked a table on the tiny little balcony which is an absolute must. it gets busy and we left it a bit late so couldn't get a table until, 9.15pm after sunset, I was worried we would have missed sunset and the best part of the evening, but I was wrong! It was dark and the sea below the balcony was lit up and so beautifully blue and clear that it was a perfect place to spend dinner overlooking the bay, the windmills and the twinkly lights!

Food is fantastic, very authentic and tasty and the staff are so friendly!

We are only in town for 5 nights ut if we return to the island we will definitely return to Katerinas.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Boston, MA
“Mediocre at best”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

We were lured into the restaurant by the owner, who seemed resentful of the fact that he had to act as a barker to drum up business. However, the prominently displayed Trip Advisor sign gave me confidence, so we went in. Unfortunately, lunch takes place downstairs, which is a very confined place. There is a tiny balcony with a view over the water but these three tables must be reserved in advance. A balcony diner kindly let me take a picture over his shoulder of the view. The day before on Santorini, my mother had fallen in love with moussaka, so we ordered some here. I also ordered spinach pie and baklava so that she would have the chance to taste more Greek specialties. The best thing you could say about the moussaka was that it was filling. The spinach pie was dry and the baklava stale. Add some towering prices and an overburdened server to the cramped quarters and you have your snapshot of Katerina's.

4 Thank Mickirish
stelios300, Manager at Katerina's Bar, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
I would like to thank you for your outstanding review of Katerina's, I am sorry you did not like ANYTHING at Katerina's .. At the door we greet people and let them know we are here, because its very hard to find. I stay at door all day and night, I love what I do, and stand behind Katerina's 100%....Lunch takes place downstairs because that's where the restaurant is located!! On my small balcony which has a view of windmills and the sunset I only have three tables, and Yes most people reserve them in advance. In your review you mention that you did not like our moussaka,spinach pie and baklava, thank you for your imput, the foods that you mentioned are made fresh every day, and thay finish almost every day.......In the review you speak about towering prices, You did look over the menu outside before you came in to Katerina's , and you definitely looked at the menu when you ordered the food, the prices are on the menu, if you thought the prices where to much for you, why o why did you stay,it's ok to say: Sorry I can't afford this.....
I'm sorry, it was not up to your standard ...... I promise we will try even harder to please at Katerina's .....
“Wonderful dining experience”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We enjoyed our meal on the balcony watching the sun set. The food was great, the atmosphere wonderful, the service superb, and the prices reasonable. Make a reservation to enjoy the balcony.

Visited May 2013
“Delicious meal with a perfect view of the sea & windmills”
Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

Katerina's has the best unobstructed view of the famous windmills. Stelios was at the front door waiting to warmly greet us. Our table on the balcony overlooking the sea was beautiful. The food was delicious too, especially his mother's (Katerina) famous grilled feta. This is one of the highest rated restaurants in Mykonos for a reason. After lunch we wandered the streets frequently getting turned around. Each time we passed Stelios he remembered us and helped us find whatever shop we were looking for, including his friend Dimitri's delicious gelato shop (Trio Bambini). Definitely stop at Katerina's for lunch. You will love it!

Gemini999
“Lovely location and service”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

We ate at Katrinas restaurant tonight after reading the reviews on trip advisor. It was really nice if small restaurant with about 7 tables inside and 3 outside on the small terrace overlooking the sea. The service was very good, it had a lovely atmosphere and felt very upmarket. My husband ordered the spaghetti with prawns and mussels and I had the spaghetti with prawns. Both were 18 euros each but very tasty. We both had a glass of house rose wine which was 6.50 euros each. The menu was very limited but all the diners seemed to enjoy their meals so we would recommend this restaurant. If you want to sit outside then you would need to book in advance.