“Don't leave without eating here”
Review of Katerina's Bar

Katerina's Bar
Ranked #18 of 227 Restaurants in Mykonos Town
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: In the heart of Little Venice, "Katerina's Bar Restaurant" offers delicious cuisine and refreshing cocktails with the most spectacular view of Mykonos!
Reviewed October 2, 2012

This is a hidden away restaurant and bar in Mykonos town little Venice. Find it and you will not be disappointed.
If you book in advance you can sit on a small balcony and watch an amazing sunset.
It is a fairly pricey menu but worth every penny. We ate twice here during our week stay.
Check out the grilled feta, fresh seafood and traditional Greek dishes which are really delicious and top quality. Really great friendly service. In every respect 5 stars.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,664)

Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

The food wasn't terrible, but it was overpriced and underwhelming. An octopus starter was ok, but the kleftiko was in a sauce suspiciously like the marinara sauce my friends mixed seafood pasta was in. Which was inappropriately named, as there was a mountain of mussels, but none of the other menu items it was supposed to contain. The atmosphere was loud pop music, with an arcade game in the background, which was strange to say the least. There was also a regular pinging of the microwave, making us doubt the veracity of home cooked food. Overall, needs to try harder.

4  Thank Doheuk
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Just came back from having a lovely fish meal at BOUBOULINA Restaurant right next to the sea and a view of the coast line all lit up around the marina. Service was very good, food was very nice and after we requested the bill, we were presented with a lovely berry sorbet with fresh yogurt compliments of the restaurant. Very nice and a lovely walk along the marina after. Lot of coffee shops and bars along the way. Spoiled for choice.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

This little secret gem has wonderful Greek wine. Order it with the grilled octopus but look out, people general smoke here so if that bothers you, you may want to venture elsewhere.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

I went as woman alone into Katerina's bar and restaurant yesterday evening. The upstairs bar had loud music but there was no one in it. Alarm bells were ringing in my head already but I ignored them reminding myself that this was number 3 on the tripadvisor list for Mykonos restaurants. The balcony with the view was full as expected. But the little restaurant was only half full. There was a directionless feel to the place; I wasn't sure who was supposed to welcome me and no one did. It was like I hardly existed for them. I found myself a table. Eventually a menu was produced and I was loudly asked if I was alone by a woman (her irises round with curiosity); others then naturally looked around at me with curiosity too. Being me, I took up the challenge and replied loudly, yes I am alone. This was not going well. I noticed the other diners seemed half asleep; there was not much conversation, which you should get when people enjoy the food and company. Alarm bells were getting very loudly by this time. Nevertheless, thinking I might find inspiration in the menu and thus save the situation, I flicked through the food section; I found to my surprise it was all run of the mill greek restaurant favourites, which were rather expensive. What I do in these situations is then go to the drinks section for comfort and in particular look to see how much the usual half a litre of local wine costs. All I could see was 5 euros for a glass of local wine, no half litre! very unusual for a restaurant in the Cyclades. This did put me off. I then noticed there was a small table right by the balcony and asked if I could move over to that. There was no objection but no enthusiasm either. It was already dark and the bar had a bright light shining over the water which showed it's beauty and clarity. I watched spellbound at that and the lovely view of the bay. Then, suddenly, one of the staff switched the light off! so, just darkness. Very disappointing and far from looking forward to my dining experience at Katerina's, I was actually beginning to feel quite depressed. I raised my hand to attract the woman, she acknowledged me, then simply ignored me for the next few minutes while she attended to other diners, with no sign that she would return. This was the last straw for me and I got up and left. I told her as I left that I would be doing a review on tripadvisor. Yep, I was annoyed. Even then, zombie like, she hardly reacted. To be fair, I cannot comment on the food, it might have been delicious.

3  Thank misslawbore1