“pasta fresca is reason!!”

Pasta Fresca Barkia
Ranked #26 of 227 Restaurants in Mykonos Town
Cuisines: Greek, Italian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Special authentic Italian dishes served in the three floor traditional restaurant Pasta Fresca Barkia since 1978, located in the Town Centre at Barkia Place, the restaurant creates an authentic wide range handmade pasta and pizza, covering all tastes Pasta Fresca Barkia gives you the opportunity to watch a pasta production demonstration, starting daily at 18:00
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Pasta Fresca is a reason to visit Mykonos again! Stayed three nights on the island and went to the restaurant twice. The food was superb, the service was really fast and the food presentation was amazing.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,538)

Reviewed September 22, 2013

I tried dining here while on vacation in Mykonos, but did not manage to get any food. I thought the place looked very tempting, and was shown a table on the mezzanine level (where you can sit but the ceiling is too low to stand). I got a menu and waited for the waiter to return, and waited and waited. I signaled to another waiter that I would like to order and he replied someone would be with me shortly, and I waited and waited. And there is a limit to my patience. I don't blame the waiters, just the management for not having enough staff and trying to cram too many people in a small space. I ended up leaving without ordering dinner as there are too many other good choices in Mykonos without having to put up with lousy service especially in the off season.

1  Thank expat326
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Just returned from Mykonos and I have to say that Barkia Pasta Fresca had amazing food. We ate there twice and each time it was so yummy. Our first meals were both pasta's and the second meal was the pizza (to die for). We ate every scrap on our plates. So recommend this place.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

I have walked so many times past here but was always put off buy how busy and cramped it looked. I was recommended here by a friend and I am so glad I was. Although it looks busy and cramped inside it actually appears very spacious by the good placing of tables, use of mirrors and having a roof garden although the roof is usually reserved to larger parties. Perfect for singles, couples or groups. I had two visits the second with a view right over the street below which was both airy and interesting. My first meal was a fabulous linguine with porcini, tomato and liver. You don't often find liver on menus but it is my favourite pasta sauce ingredient and it was indeed delicious. The house red was a good rounded flavour perfect accompaniment. I was treated to a divine dessert of panacotta. My second meal was a late night simple penne with a cream sauce of bacon and artichoke. Again, the pasta was properly al dente and the potion quite large. Popi runs the restaurant with military precision. With such a tight space and so many tables it is swift, courteous, and a very delightful place to eat. It is also right in the heart of the action of Scarpa and close to Little Venice which is very handy. This is definitely added to my repertoire.

3  Thank SirenLady
Reviewed September 15, 2013

With my friends we tried several restaurants in the same range in Mykonos during the week we stayed there, and Barkia is the best we had. The food and service were amazing. We loved the seafood risotto, spaghetti vongole, and the panna cota.

1  Thank Xaviero76