“Surprised its not in the top 10”

Pasta Fresca Barkia
Ranked #27 of 215 Restaurants in Mykonos Town
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Special authentic Italian dishes served in the three floor traditional restaurant Pasta Fresca Barkia since 1978, located in the Town Centre at Barkia Place, the restaurant creates an authentic wide range handmade pasta and pizza, covering all tastes Pasta Fresca Barkia gives you the opportunity to watch a pasta production demonstration, starting daily at 18:00
london
“Surprised its not in the top 10”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

I am surprised this resturant is not in the top 10.
Maybe they have good and bad days and we were lucky to have a good day.
Sat outside and ate seafood pasta which was simply the best I have tasted outside Italy. Waiters were efficient and attentive. They were under pressure as other customers were waiting for our table. We were not rushed however and three courses were not overly expensive for this part of town. I would reccomend a visit if you are a real pasta lover.

• Visited September 2012
5 Thank doglock

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
“Good But Don't Eat The Olives”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

An attractive very busy restaurant with a pasta display outside. I sat upstairs at a table with a view into the quaint little street below. I had to ask twice to get the candle lit - without it the table was rather dark; another couple sat in the gloom without a candle the whole time I was there. This sort of detail is important and it did let the experience down a bit. There was bread and appetisers in a little ceramic tray with three compartments, a large olive at each end and tsatski in the middle. The olive tasted disgusting, I had to drink a whole glass of wine to just get rid of the taste, which I hesitate to liken to something really horrible, but you can guess. The tsatsiki was very so so. The waiter recommended linguine with scallops and a (white) wine sauce and it did not disappoint, which was such a relief after the olive. There were three scallop shells with scallops attached, cooked al dente; the wine sauce was tasty with lots of wine in it; the scallop shells were placed on top of the linguine, which was lovely and obviously freshly made. When I used the pepper grinder, it made a loud squeaking noise; the waiter and I made a joke of it. He brought me a replacement which squeaked as well! I know this is not important, but it was funny. I had a half litre of rose wine with the meal, which was pricey (I think it was 9 euros). It was nothing special, quaffable though, as another reviewer here said. The Greek coffee I had afterwards was hot and delicious, the best I have had since arriving on Mykonos. I was a bit disappointed when they brought me just a boring looking biscuit to go with it though. The bill was rather long in coming so I got up to leave. Suddenly, a waiter brought up a complimentary tray of fresh fruit, but it came too late as I had left the table. Overall it was a good experience, but don't sit upstairs unless you like loud popular (not Greek) music. And it is a bit pricey. As a female going solo, I was well treated and felt very comfortable in the retaurant, so I would go again.

• Visited September 2012
5 Thank misslawbore1
London, United Kingdom
“Display works”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

We kept passing their home made pasta display and thinking that if they are so serious about the raw material it must be worth a go and it was. Both ate sea food pasta variants and the pasta was truly fresh as were the generous fishy raw materials. Quaffable house wine washed it down.

Visited September 2012
5 Thank petetravel46
London
“Best Pasta tasted outside Italy!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

Lovely welcome and service - chose to sit outside as hot and fun to watch all the hustle & bustle (only blight was the couple arrived after us and decided to light up their cigars just as our food arrived). Everything was no problem for smiley staff - I ordered Greek salad without feta and extra lettuce - my partner shared this along with penne arrabatia and lasagne - all delicious. Followed by fabulous homemade tiramisu :). Not cheap but worth it!

• Visited August 2012
5 Thank Smiler10London
“Good pasta”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

I ate twice at this restaurant, and in both occasions I was satisfied. The first time I took sea food linguine, and it was very good, with good portion of seafood in it. The second time I took pasta with crab ragout and then fried calamari: the pasta was good -lot of crab in it - even if I preferred the pasta with seafood taken previously, and the fried calamari were ok but I had much better one around Greece. So If have to judge taking into considerations the fried calamari, I would give 3 star. Judging only the pasta and considering that we are in Greece, 4 star.

Visited September 2012