“Lots of style and very little substance”
Review of Gola Restaurant - CLOSED

Gola Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Scenic view, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Top contemporary Italian cuisine and exclusive wine list in an enchanting setting with breath taking view overlooking the sea and sunset; stunning aesthetic that redefines the concept of “Mediterranean simplicity”; hype crowd, retro lounge music and cosmopolitan atmosphere.
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I really don't understand why this restaurant is so highly recommended...we ate there and found the place to be soulless. Admittedly, the setting is picturesque but the food and service is soooo disappointing.
The menu tries too hard and the chef is unable to deliver his aspirational dishes.
Very expensive for an instantly forgettable evening.
Avoid...there are far better options in Mykonos.

1  Thank Laurence J

Reviewed February 21, 2012

My husband and I were looking forward to our dinner but were a litle disappointed with the food. If you are looking for a place with excellent service but ok food then, is not bad.

Reviewed October 4, 2011

Food and setting was beautiful. Service was very good and wine selection solid as well. Prices however are high; I was here on my honeymoon I was prepared to pay up, but we were both happy we did. This was one of our favorite restaurants in all of Greece!

Reviewed September 26, 2011

Probably the only good thing about this place is its location. In the menu nothing of impressive (except for the prices, which are ridiculously high even for mykonos). Having paid a huge sum, couldn't even eat the food they brought (waitress was straightforward n arrogant- if we dont like the food, its our fault, we can either order smth else or leave). There are just too many better places to eat in mykonos than to go there..

3  Thank traverslemonde
MykonosRestaurateur, Owner at Gola Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2011

Dear AnnaK,

Thank you for writing your review on Gola. We are sorry your experience with us was not what you expected. I remember clearly your party, as I personally approached the table at the end of your meal as I was informed by my staff of your concerns. As I underlined during our friendly conversation, being every single night at Gola, I know perfectly well the difference between a plate that doesn’t meet the clients taste (but is at it is supposed to be), and one which is not perfectly executed. I can confirm, as I did in that occasion, that your plates were amongst the bestsellers at GOLA and that while apparently they were not meeting your expectations, there was nothing wrong with them. In any case, we will discuss this matter with our staff in order to improve ourselves, and we will make sure that information regarding our plates is correctly delivered to our guests. However, and this is only an advice, even if we agree that your waitress might have taken better care of your concerns (there is always room for improvement and we think Tripadvisor is very useful exactly for that), politeness always helps ...... on both sides ….. We hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip.

Reviewed September 14, 2011

This is our third visit to Mikonos over the years and I am happy to see that Gola still goes strong.

Gola sits on top of a hill overlooking the village and with a great view onto the sea. With white washed walls and floors and a harmoniously shaped plunge pull it would not be out of place in any of the other slick sea-side resorts both sides of the Atlantic.
Albeit not cheap, it definitely delivers what it promises: excellent food, attentive service and a knowledgeable yet not intrusive sommelier.

The owners, Egidio and Nikos, are the very heart and soul of the place and strive to make you feel at ease and welcome, no matter if you are there for a dinner or just for a drink.

Dining at Gola is an experience you do not want to miss while at Mikonos.

1  Thank RisoAmaro