“Best restaurant on our trip!”

Joanna's Nikos Place
Ranked #16 of 227 Restaurants in Mykonos Town
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Oh my gosh.. Im writing this still sitting at the table overlooking the beautiful sea and sand. We arrived at the restaurant and got a table straight away. Joanna is amazing and helpful, I am gluten free so she made me dishes especially gluten free. Service and food was AMAZING. My husband had pork with blue cheese and desperatly wanted to eat it all as it was so good, but as we had 5 fantastic appetizers couldnt quite manage it! I wish we were here longer we would come every day. Wonderful fresh and delicious food, thanks so much!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,411)

Reviewed September 24, 2013

My wife and I had high expectations for this place, having read some good reviews and watched a documentary on Mykonos.
We ordered a table a day in advance for 21.00 the following evening.
The place was packed, but we were seated at a nice table in the far right hand corner of the terrasse. Though the waiter informed us about the fact that they had made a double booking for our table, so we had to be finished at 22.30. That was just the beginning....

A waiter quickly took our order on drinks and gave us the menus.
Then we waited 25min until I got hold of the waiter who seated us and made aware of the long waiting time and the fact that they would have to find a new table for us or simply cancel the next booking for the table. if they did not take our order immediately. The waiter said that she would get a waiter for us straight away.
We then waited another 20min before her colleague showed up and took our order, not even saying a small sorry for the poor service.
We noted that the two tables around us also had long waiting times. This really spoiled the experience.
The place is cozy with dim lighting, but are not even close to be living up to the superior service level we met all over Mykonos and the Greek islands.
The food was ok, but could not make up for the fact that it was our worst restaurant experience in regard to service in Greece. The price level was ok.

We may have been unlucky, but I would not gamble by trying this again myself.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Made a bee line from our cruise ship (2nd wk Sept 13) through the busy town, to see Joanna and sample her wonderful traditional, rustic Greek food in an idyllic setting. Having eaten there several times during our stay in 2010, We knew to expect tender calamari, fresh salads and garlicky home-made tzatziki. Yummy! The welcome we received exceeded even our high expectations and we spent a lovely, lazy afternoon enjoying great food, local beer and the stunning views. The sunset view from here is unsurpassed (wish we could have stayed to see it again). Joanna, thank you for your kindness and generosity. As promised, we drank a local toast to you as we sailed away ;) Yassas to all. We'll be back!

Reviewed September 21, 2013

As we decided to have dinner there, we didn't know that we must have a reservation.........So as we entered the tavern, was crowded, and a young lady told us that, if we wait about 30-45 min, there was a possibility to have dinner. She was very kind, and she showed us the bar. We sat at the bar, and the we start talking with the lady there. She realises that we are Greeks, and she was a bit suprized. With an arrogant face she said:...Actually we didn't expect the 3.000.000 greeks wether they decide to make vacation and come to the island......but the 11.000.000 visitors who came to island every year............ So rude.........
I am a businesman myself. I do own my own business, i do have thousands of clients, but i never-never say to my foregner clients that i do work with greeks because they come to me more often. In my opinion they should be adviced by a manager.
The main point to this review is to make readers understand the attitude of some people.

3  Thank georgeved
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Our hotel was just by the beach and Joanna's Nikos place is right there on the beach!
The atmosphere, the food and the service were unbelievable, but Joanna tops it all: always available, approachable and kind above and beyond.
We ate there almost every day if not twice a day!
Why venture out and take a chance with other places on such short vacation?

Joanna's place is a jewel of Mykonos!

It gets very busy at night so reservation for the outside patio are recommended!