All reviews orange marmalade private villa rice pudding old port spanakopita views are breathtaking the hotel staff watch the sunset your luggage small hotel breakfast was amazing lovely hotel the location is perfect short walk main town little venice close to town
Reviewed September 26, 2018

This was the welcome to Greece that I was so happy to receive!
At check in the staff were so lovely & helped me with my luggage to my room. The room was so stunning, perfect for what I needed. It had a beautiful balcony that I could see the pool & windmill from. The bathroom was great, although the towel rail was a little high for a shorty like me. The shower was huge & had an amazing waterfall showerhead - just what I needed after 28hrs of travelling.
Then I went down for breakfast the next morning - OH MY GOODNESS!!! That view, beyond words! I could have sat there all day. Then the actual breakfast food - WOW! I think I put on 5kgs just from my 5 night stay haha! The food was all home cooked everyday & you could tell it was done so with a whole heap of love. The yogurt, the marmalade, the cakes & salads - I wish I could go back right now.
The staff were all so incredibly lovely & I actually didn't want to leave them, I even face-timed my family at home with them because I had to introduce them to the people who were looking after me.
The location is perfect, its the last road that cars have access to so you can get a taxi to the door unlike all the other Mykonos hotels that you have to drag your luggage through the streets to find. The walk down to town literally takes 2 mins.
Do yourself a favour & stay here!

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed September 25, 2018

We come to this fantastic hotel for third year now and count the days dreaming of our next visit. The hotel is pefectly situated overlooking the town of Mykonos and at the same time far enough from the party noise of the place. Very nice hotel in the typical Myconian architecture, very clean with excellent, helpful staff.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 23, 2018

Our stay was perfect in this extremely spotless Boutique hotel.
We took a $15 taxi ride to this hotel just right off the road from the New Port. We were greeted by Shuman who carried our luggage to our room. Shuman was awesome! The hotel is just off the road which makes it very easy to get too and it's actually very quiet.
The hotel staff are very attentive and always busy keeping the hotel and grounds immaculate! Rooms are always cleaned early and they even turn down your beds in the evening when your out. The staff behind the desk was always available to help with questions. It was nice to have to keep your key at the desk when you went into town so you didn't have to worry about loosing or caring around.
Our room was perfect, bright, roomy and completely spotless. Nice to have a desk with mirror in the room. A roomy closet with fridge. Very comfortable bathroom with a great shower. Totally recommend getting a room with a view and a balcony. Not sure I would want to stay in one of the back rooms with no view but if your on a budget I'm sure it would be fine.
Breakfast was amazing! The cook would take orders for eggs every morning and would be something special or different each day. Her orange marmalade was amazing. Even the cheese cake one morning that was delicious.
They have a nice sunset bar you can sit in when you want to get away from the wind.
The location is walking distance to everything. You will have to walk many steps but you have to expect that when traveling to Mykonos. It really isn't that bad and you find different routes to get to room. It's nice to have the windmills close for reference when walking back.
We loved our stay. The staff is really great and the cleanliness is outstanding.
Not to mention the breakfast! Loved our 3 night stay~

Room tip: Request a room with a view for sure!
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank rochellez703
Reviewed September 12, 2018

I've been to Mykonos four times and have stayed in different places in town each time but this time was my absolute favourite! Portobello is modern, clean, has an incredible view and is in an amazing location. You can walk to the heart of town in 5-10 minutes (be warned that it is an uphill walk to get back but it does have steps along the path). The staff is extremely friendly and certainly take care of their guests. The breakfast is delicious and has a good variety. One downside is that the pool is only for the private villa, but if it's not rented you are allowed to swim in it. It's also true that the rooms are small, but it is definitely not an issue for the amount of time spent in the room anyway and all the other perks make up for it (they even come with robes!). The terrace at the front of the hotel is amazing to have some drinks and watch the sunset. Overall, Portobello is amazing, it's not cheap, but nothing in Mykonos is! For all it has to offer, the price is worth it to stay at this beautiful place!

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank Stephanie D
Reviewed August 30, 2018 via mobile

There are several reasons this is the place to stay in Mykonos: clean, air-conditioned rooms with a beautiful view if you wish to pay for the view. We opted for a room without a view as there is a nice terrace for everyone to use as well as an air-conditioned bar area with the same view - both available to all guests. There is not a better view in Mykonos of the sunset, Old Town, and Old Port. Location is great! - easy, quick walk to the beautiful Old Port area leading on to the quaint streets of the Old Town, Little Venice, and the line of windmills. The 24-hour reception desk staff is wonderful. You will find that to be true even before you arrive as they are quick to reply to email questions and arrange transports to/from the hotel to port and airport. We have saved the best for last - the fantastic breakfast, much of which is homemade (like the yogurt, orange marmalade, breakfast filo-pastry apple strudel).
We thank the staff of this wonderful hotel!

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Manley F