“Excellent 3 star hotel.”

Hotel Villa de Adeje Beach
Ranked #57 of 60 Hotels in Costa Adeje
Reviewed March 5, 2012

Myself and my partner are just home from a week A.I. here. We had a great holiday, room was massive and clean. Food was excellent with plenty to choose from including steak, lamb chops, pork, chicken and fish. Pools were big with one

heated also drinks n snacks at the pool
bar. Evening entertainment was fine, normal 3star stuff. The entertainment guy was fun and friendly. No issues with choice of drinks as there is a local equivalent for most, I had the Malibu. The location is great, bars and shops on the doorstep. The Irish Rover and The Rum Pot both great bars. The beach is only a short walk away too. Ive been to 3 3star hotels in this area and this was my favourite. We will return.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Lindyloo1973

Reviewed February 26, 2012

Travelled to this hotel with my partner (both early 20's) in May 2011 for 2 weeks.

My thoughts on this hotel is its fine if your going for a average 3* hotel and your 18-25 and not really that bothered about the food. To be honest i didnt really mind the food, it was a little cold and fish fish fish and more fish! My partner hated the food, he hates fish, moaned about everything been undercooked so we ended up eating out alot, which made us draw more money out then expected on an 'all inclusive' hoilday.

Our rep 'Mel' was useless! we brought our tickets for 'loro park' and 'sian water park' in the uk, (these both made the hoilday for us) Then as soon as Mel realised this, she never communicated with us again! she spent all the time with other guests 'favourites' even when we went on a 'booze cruise' it wasnt about the guests, it was all about the reps!

Sandro the entertainment guy, made the hoilday for us, he actually spent time getting people together to play water vollyball or darts. Other staff were just moody, the lady behind the bar the worst!!!

All in all i enjoyed this hoilday, location was really good, walking distance to town, shops, bars, beach and restaurants. Rooms were better than i expected 'big'! My advice is be careful with your money, as im sure some of the bars/restaurants just make up prices, so check before you order!

Second visit to tenerife, and i still love tenerife, would re-visit, but not this hotel!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 24, 2012

We were a group of mid age women, food was good and service great for price we paid. also stayed here last year for location. room on floors below 4th floor were dark and dingy but very spacious. towells were slow being changed but once asked done quickly

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank heleninwales
Reviewed February 22, 2012

Checking in was very slow,The food wasnt the best and not much varity,if you had kids and there was only 3 high chairs in the restraunt.The rooms had no air con!!

Room Tip: We had a 1 bedroom appartment,on th 7th floor looking down on to the pool.it was abit noisey at nigh...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 12, 2012

Nick and Jo Sheward

Stayed here 3rd Feb 2012 for 7 nights and had a great time. Recent press reports indicate
that review sites such as this are full of malicious negative reviews or that a lot of people are serial complainers, so let's try and redress the balance.

The good bits; the staff are great, I didn't see any of the alleged rudeness other people have complained about. The pool area is spacious with a lot of secluded spaces. Whilst we were there, there were always plenty of sunbeds.
The rooms are large and have plenty of wardrobe space. We were on level 1 which is almost below ground level -reception is on level 4 and the hotel is on the side of a hill. We had booked a 1 bed apt which had a massive lounge, bedroom and patio. On arrival the reception and hall area was spacious and smart. Due to the time of the year there were mainly Brits aged 30 to 70 though I would imagine this changes in school hols. Facilities include gym, sauna, jacuzzi and squash court.The hotel is well located for the Adeje/ San Eugenio area with bars literally on the doorstep, and a 5 minute walk to Torviscas beach.
(Tip for people with mobility problems, use the lift in the shopping centre to bring you up 4 floors from beach level then its only a short walk with a slight incline to get back to the hotel.
Shortcut path by Bla Bla Bla).

The not as good bits; the food wasn't the best we've ever had but certainly not the worst. Breakfasts were repetitive with no daily variety, just fried or scambled eggs, bacon, sausage, beans tomatoes and fried peppers and fried bananas! plus the usual cold meats garlic sausage, breads, cereals and fruits. Lunches had some lovely salad offerings but no cold meats to go with them (Why not serve the cold meat that no-one ate at breakfast?) The hot buffet was again topsy turvy with mashed & galacian potatoes at lunch, but only chips at night. I must say however that on 2 occasions green lipped mussels were included in the evening salad bar; now that is class indeed.(see pic) In between meals you can get burgers, hotdogs, toasties and pizza.
No WIFI, though the bar next door, Soul City, will let you use theirs if you drink there.

The bad bits; the entertainment is rubbish. A bloke who thought he was Elton John, a bloke with a load of snakes ( I ran a mile), the inevitable parrot show, a reptile show and a mediocre drag act. Fortunately there is plenty of entertainment in the bars nearby and the drink prices are reasonable, typically 2-3euros a local beer, 2.5 a glass of wine. A lot of bars do beer for 1 euro a pint, but this tends to go up at night.

Overall we had a great time and met some nice people . I paid about £580 for the 2 of us All Inc. (plus flights) so I reckon the whole stay was good value for money. With a bit of imagination the food could have been excellent without really having to increase the budget.
I would also add that several people I met had been there before, some of them several times. I did not hear anyone complain while we were there.

Sorry if this is a bit long winded, but I think it is important to give a balanced review as I always read reviews in deciding my holiday destination.

I would go there again.

Look out for: Rumpot Bar, Irish Rover; good old Brits abroad bars.
Get a taxi to Safari Centre ( about 5 Euro) to see the Fountains sound /light show.

Room Tip: If you like a view of the sea you will need to be above floor 4.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
8  Thank nicksheward
Reviewed February 8, 2012

I am 21 and went with two other friends to this hotel. I have stayed in alot of 5 star hotels with my parents and i was suprised at how nice this one was for a 3 star. The room was 4 star quality, but the lighting was a little dark in the bedroom to do your make up. I paid 330 pounds for 7 nights all inclusive ( with Thomsons so flight and transfers included) SUPER CHEAP! The food was nice, but sometimes the food had the wrong labels on the items and we did have an incidence with raw chicken, but overall not bad. The staff were super lovely! The enterainment was very cheesy but all enterainment in Tenerife is. Really good selection of drinks to have from the bar as well. We did had lumpy pillows and thin sheets which meant we got cold at night. They could do with a duvet in the room for the winter period. Hotel is in a very good location as well to lots of bars and Veronicas. I would advise to play the bingo as we won twice and received 90 euros :). If you are looking for a cheap holiday away in the winter this is a really good choice. The one thing the hotel thrieved on was cleaniness!!!!! Anyone who has wrote a bad review are just being picky and clearly have paid too much for their trip. YOU CAN NOT FAULT IT! People who have complained should just go to a 4 star hotel and not book 3 star hotels if they have such an issue. I definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Go for a studio room.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank loopylou124
Reviewed February 7, 2012

Lovely staff, good *** stars hotel, food very good ;0)

Room Tip: Nice food, good 3 stars hotel Room 414 very nice, big balcony ;0)
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
#16 of 60 in Costa Adeje
Laguna Park 2
Laguna Park 2
#52 of 58 in Playa de las Americas

Been to Hotel Villa de Adeje Beach? Share your experiences!