Its a bit like your local Chinese take away restaurant with a grand title. Perhaps a bit of an unfair statement, but couldn't help myself with such a name.
Its a nice little complex of villas, however we would not recommend goi
ng there for a number of reasons.
Yes, it is luxurious and located away from the mass tourism of Tenerife, however... it doesn't actually allow you to stay away in the mass tourism of Tenerife. Reason why? Its small and claustrophobic. So lets start with the issues:
1) Our villa had a pool, but it was neither a pool to swim nor a Jacuzzi, also our terrace/pool area was right onto a road with views onto (and from) the golf driving range. This offered no feeling of privacy whatsoever. Speaking of privacy, the "Bali” style outdoor shower offered "nice" views for anyone on a balcony in the villas above!
2) The villas are actually apartments with full kitchens, wash machines etc, which is great, however if you are after an apartment, I am sure there are better offers out there. If you are after an apartment, this is certainly not value for money.
3) Design is a very personal thing, however only after leaving did we realise after leaving that there are some serious flaws: The place is extremely small, with one "big” pool at reception, a "gourmet wannabe” restaurant and a tiny spa in "the dark". Perhaps it was just us, but we felt claustrophobic if we stayed in the complex. Why did we not stay in the villas? They were crammed with design furniture, which is subjective taste, however what is more objective is the fact that our villas and others are dark inside. If you are looking for an escape from the European winter cold, this place just does not feel right.
4) Location is far from great, unless you are a golf fan, but even then, a villa facing a road is not great. Actually, you need a car if you are staying there, otherwise you will be taxiing it all the time to store or other restaurants. Its far from any walks, other restaurants, beech or any other attraction than a golf course and golf driving range. Also, worth mentioning is that you see very little of nature. Unlike the second place we stayed at (Abama) there were no palm trees, bushes, flowers or birds singing in the trees.
So why is it so highly rated?
1) Free unlimited WIFI internet access is great, but then again you have that at home...
2) The staff is friendly
3) Its not a room, its an apartment that you get with a living room, bedroom(s), pool area, bar area, kitchen and washroom. All in good quality too. We actually had 3 TVs in our villa.
In summary, yes it is a nice luxurious place to stay in, but for the money you are paying we would recommend a place like Abama instead. We are actually into boutique hotels and not huge hotels, but during our stay on Tenerife we actually felt more private and intimate in our Abama villa apartment with loads of green, numerous pools and great food. If you are looking for a luxurious dose of sun a short flight away from Europe in winter, Royal Garden Villas is not the place. Try Abama instead. (I think we should ask to get paid by Abama for this).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Exclusive, Romantic, Exotic, Royal Garden Villas & “Spa” is complete luxury in elegance and service. It’s 28 Villas are designed for total rest, intimacy, luxury and pleasure. Each Villa has a spacious terrace and private pool, it is ideal to enjoy the magnificent climate in the South of Tenerife. This secret hidden haven is full of beauty and mystery, inviting you to cherish the wonderful sensations ‘Golden Pond’ Spa offers and delicious menu’s from it’s Restaurant, Jardin, the most romantic Restaurant on the Island. Royal Garden Villas is ‘Simply Special’ ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Royal Garden Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Garden Villas Hotel Costa Adeje
- Royal Garden Hotel
- Royal Garden Resort
- Royal Garden Villas Tenerife/Costa Adeje