All reviews road noise plunge pool room service bedroom villa la caleta duchess villa villa aqua golf range day bed squash court private terrace nearest town washing machine fully equipped kitchen hire car self cater spa treatments
Selected filters
Reviewed September 26, 2017

Just returned from a fantastic weeks stay at this hotel , we found the hotel , staff and the setting to be excellent in every way , for a luxury relaxing hotel you will not find better .
We will 100% book again in the future and have already recommended the hotel to friends. Well done to FIona and the whole team ! Found Tom who looks after the pool bar area to be absolutely excellent and professional. He is a credit to the hotel ,
Thanks for looking after us,

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank johnrI7054LY
Fiona , Hotel manager at Royal Garden Villas, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2017

Dear Guests,
You are very welcome, it was a pleasure looking after you! I am so happy you enjoyed your stay so much and we all really look forward to having you back.

Reviewed September 24, 2017 via mobile

When you arrive at a five star hotel and the taxi stops at small double door in a wall beside the small road your heart might sink. Where are the bell boys, welcoming smiles etc?
But fear not, behind the door, is everything you hoped for, warm welcomes, big smiles and staff that want you to enjoy.
You walk over the small main swimming pool via a bridge to reception, glass of cava and you instantly chill.
Royal Garden Villas is basically 27 luxury villas with the benefits of a great hotel.
Our villa was perfectly presented and with your own small plunge pool, various places for sun or shade, a kitchen, dining table inside and out, 2 fabulous bedrooms & bathrooms what else could you need? Ah yes a well stocked bar and fridge!
Being a couple in our 60's we loved the quiet atmosphere, some complain about a little traffic noise, but it didn't bother us.
There's only one restaurant, it's very good and fairly priced, with great staff. Roque & Helios deserve a mention but they are not alone. Room service is good too.
A small pool bar is open during the day and Tom was great fun, the sun beds by the pool have sun creams too.
The small town of La Caletta is a 6Eu taxi ride away with some lovely views and restaurants.
Who this place for? Couples and maybe those with small children, there's not a lot of space for toddlers and older to run around.
Golfers may like to cross the road to Costa Adeje golf club, nice welcome, good course and we also enjoyed their 9 hole short course a shirt walk away.
Liked it so much we've already booked our return, thanks Beatriz for your help.
Would also understand that those wanting a busier hotel nearer the "action" may not find the charm here to their liking.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank RayE1954

Dear Guests,
Thank you for your visit. I am delighted to hear you found everything so wonderful. I don't believe I had the pleasure of meeting you personally. Next time perhaps. Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a lovely review and I look forward to meeting you next time.
Hotel manager.

Reviewed September 14, 2017 via mobile

Just arrived home from Royal Garden villa (Marta) one bedroom.
My husband and I had a lovely week ,the villas are stunning and very private and spacious. The breakfast was definitely a 5* lot of variety and the staff where amazing ,nothing was to much trouble.
Villa was cleaned once a day then evening service if needed.
Nice little pool to cool off in,you would get the sun till about 4pm in the villa.
My husband and I would have a few hours in the morning relaxing in the villa ,then head off to playa fanabe beach for most of the day and eat out...
These villas would suit everyone ,you can just chill or catch a taxi to fanabe which costs 10 euros each way.
We walked to supermarket a few times which took about 20 minutes (lovely walk in the mornings).
These villas are out of the way a little,but I new that before I booked,short taxi away didn't bother us at all.
I would definitely return but would think of upgrading to a two bedroom villa with bigger pool.
We had Room service which was lovely ,yes a bit expensive but the food was beautiful (as we wanted a chill evening).
Got to mention staff again at reception and breakfast where fantastic couldn't do enough.
I recommend these villas to anyone,as long as you don't mind being out the way a little...
I was concerned about other reviews which mentioned the noise of the road? Didn't bother us at all .

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank 186338Donna
Fiona , Hotel manager at Royal Garden Villas, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2017

Dear Guests,
Thank you so much for visiting us and thank you for sharing your very kind thoughts with us and our viewers. I do hope that we will see you again.

Reviewed September 14, 2017

On the up side, i could not fault the wow factor as we entered the hotel with beautiful pool and terrace, or when seeing our room - spacious, well designed, looked devine. Delightful patio area. We really thought this was the business. The staff were very helpful, kind and friendly. We had a lovely evening meal in the restaurant and room service the second night was great.
However, this is not a cheap place to stay and as a result, I have high expecations and wish I had seen some of the more negative reviews.
For this price, I was not expecting to be on top of a busy road and this was disappointing. The noise did not deter us at all from sitting out on the patio, but it certainly stopped me from having a siesta out there - lorries and motor bikes particularly irritating.
It did seem silly that when designing the layout of the villas they did not think about the sun - none of it in the morning or evening which is when sensible people like to sit out.
You expect what I would consider to be standard supplies replenished daily, but they were not. So there was a coffee machine and 4 capsules supplied but once gone, that was it for the entire stay. Though I think this may have been a blessing because I was seriously poorly with a stomach reaction which I can only put down to incompletely boiled water from the machine (it was either that or the hake because both my husband and i suffered and this is all we had in common and did not leave the hotel for anywhere else to cause it).
My husband wanted to do some putting on the golf course but after 40 minutes he returned and said he had eventually given up because left hand/right hand had sent him on a bit of a goose chase and he lost the will to bother.
I wish I had purchased a load of supplies before arriving because there is nothing to do, see or buy in walking range.
Is the place average? Certainly not, it is beautiful, but having said that I would not return and whilst I had a lovely stay (albeit sick one night) I was also glad I did not chose to stay here all week.

Room tip: Ask whether your room is next to the road and what hours you get sun on patio
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
4  Thank l0zenge17
Fiona , Hotel manager. at Royal Garden Villas, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2017

Dear Guests,
Thank you so much for your visit and for taking the time to share your views. It is an immense help to our viewers and it also allows us to clarify some queries that other guests may have. My sincerest apologies for the lack of coffee, we have adressed this here and there was no need at all for you to be short as there is plenty of coffee available.
The hotel was beautifully built within a small cliff in the centre of a golf course, that boasts the most amazing views both during the day and also at night time. Unfortunately however as the years move on, the passing traffic has got a little busier due to construction work further down the road. I think that by reading all of our reviews you will see there are mixed feelings here as some guests don't find any bother at all. That said, I totally understand that for others it can be uncomfortable. For this reason we are always very honest when this is queried prior to bookings. We are very happy to help and ensure the correct villa is allocated depending on the individual's needs.
All of the villas have sunshine on the terraces until approximately 4 pm in the Summer months, however we have a very large, luxurious solarium with main pool and pool bar by reception where the sun remains until approximately 6pm. As each Villa has it's own terrace this area is normally very quiet. Just a suggestion.
I don't fully understand the mention of the water. We, only and always use bottled water at the hotel, we recommend that you don't use the tap water at anytime, was this the query? did you perhaps use tap water? I sincerely hope that there was no food problem at the restaurant as health and safety require so much supervision, prevention and procedure these days that this would be highly unusual. Currently we have excellent chefs that I can honestly place my full trust in.
Thank you kindly for your lovely compliments about our staff and the layout of the hotel and perhaps on another occasion we could advise a different Villa, further away from the traffic in a quieter location. We would be delighted to help.
Fiona Mc Andrew.

Reviewed September 12, 2017 via mobile

The Royal Garden Villas is a fantastic retreat from every day life, if you want to totally relax with great service and fabulous staff The Royal Garden Villas is the place for you, this holiday was our 5 th year we have been to RGV we thought maybe that would be different and we wouldn't like it as much, how wrong can you be fantastic once again, a big thanks to Fiona and the fabulous staff for another great holiday.
John

Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank johnpmanchester
Fiona , hotel manager at Royal Garden Villas, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2017

Dear Guests,
Thank you so much for your kind words but even more, your loyalty. It is so nice to see you always and I am so pleased you found us as you left us !I am delighted that in your eyes standards remain ! Looking forward to seeing you on the next occasion where I really hope we can fulfill your expectations once again.
Fiona Mc Andrew.