We had the pleasure of staying at Royal Garden villas for five nights late November. I booked the accommodation for my husband’s birthday and imagine my absolute delight to find on arrival they had upgraded us from a one bed villa to a three bed! We stayed in the Bora Bora villa which has two terraces (one with a small swimming pool and another with a large tiled bath) and absolutely fantastic views of the golf course, mountains and coastal area. What a villa it is! With a huge master bedroom, open bathroom, large living area with kitchen and (oh my goodness) a fantastically stocked bar and fridge, a large open terrace with lots of furniture including sumptuous beds... Just amazing.
All the staff at the hotel are friendly, polite and constantly smiling. Nothing was too much trouble and they ensured we had a great time by giving us the best service possible. They had put flowers everywhere in the villa plus balloons, a bottle of Cava and a large (sumptuous) cake. We were both in awe of all the attention we had been given!
We had booked a romantic break so we had one meal included (with rose petals and large red heart on the table!) and a massage for two (plus sensual bath) – all of which were wonderful. On my husband’s birthday night we ate al fresco, watched the moon rise above the mountains and ate a great four course meal with all wine included.
Everything at the hotel is done with the utmost care and attention. During our stay several things arrived in our room like three gold candles, a Poinsettia plant and more flowers. Christmas decorations had been put up and there were several lovely trees dotted around the place including lots of twinkly fairy lights and Christmas artefacts. There is a wall on one of the levels with orchids growing in pots – again such a lovely feature. Fountains on each floor (and even in our room!) and frogs, ducks and snails dotted here and there without being tacky or overdone – they have the balance just right.
We hired a car, which was just 74 Euros, to drive to the villa and use to get us around whilst staying. I would definitely recommend hiring a car as the walk into the nearest town (La Caleta) is a good half an hour walk. We visited La Caleta and ate there twice, I’d highly recommend El Caldera for food – staff speak little English and the food is traditionally Spanish with an emphasis on quality. Try the Brumos Dayosa wine if you can, it’s really good plus it was cheaper in the restaurant than it was at the airport duty free!
Other trip advisors have written about the road, yes the road does run underneath and around the villas but traffic is infrequent and there is little noise. It was interesting to watch the people on the driving range and to see the many people coming down the mountains on their paragliders (not sure if that's the right word) and down to the sea.
I would definitely recommend the Royal Garden Villas for your Tenerife vacation. I hope we will return again one day and sample their great hospitality. A big thank you to everyone who looked after us!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Exclusive, Romantic, Exotic, Royal Garden Villas & “Spa” is complete luxury in elegance and service. It’s 28 Villas are designed for total rest, intimacy, luxury and pleasure. Each Villa has a spacious terrace and private pool, it is ideal to enjoy the magnificent climate in the South of Tenerife. This secret hidden haven is full of beauty and mystery, inviting you to cherish the wonderful sensations ‘Golden Pond’ Spa offers and delicious menu’s from it’s Restaurant, Jardin, the most romantic Restaurant on the Island. Royal Garden Villas is ‘Simply Special’ ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, Orbitz, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Royal Garden Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Garden Villas Hotel Costa Adeje
- Royal Garden Hotel
- Royal Garden Resort
- Royal Garden Villas Tenerife/Costa Adeje