All reviews pool bar home from home on site restaurant time share taxi rank kids club self catering fridge freezer location is excellent bed apartment lovely resort bars and restaurants roof terrace playa fanabe ground floor reception staff great holiday
Selected filters
Reviewed April 13, 2019

Unfortunately, this was far from our best stay at this resort.
The platinum team booked us into a one bed elite, the first room we were given was really shabby, how they had the cheek to class it as an elite is beyond me, the shower tray was cracked in several places, the flush to the toilet fell off the wall each time you tried to flush the toilet, and then the maintenance guy used silicon to fix a new system to the wall, on complaining they soon allocated us another apartment which was a vast improvement.
Although the reception staff were helpful, they were nothing special ( they could learn a lot from the reception staff at the Royal Tenerife Country Club) where we moved on to.
The location of the hotel is really good and the entertainment was also first class.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Les F
Diamond R, Manager at Royal Sunset Beach Club by Diamond Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Mr Frater, many thanks for your review. Unfortunately I was away during your stay, and never got the chance to meet you. However I can see that you were allocated your requested apartment on arrival and when you requested to move I am pleased that Reception managed to offer you an alternative apartment that was more to your liking. Just to let you know that all of our apartments undergo regular Maintenance checks and repairs and contrary to your commentary, I don´t believe that we have any shabby apartments. Thanks for your feedback on the great location and for letting us know that you really enjoyed the entertainment we had at the Resort.

Reviewed April 1, 2019 via mobile

Great location. Just up from Fanabe beach and right beside lots of lovely restaurants and bars.
Good facilities, friendly staff and excellent gym, with very helpful instructor.
Will definitely return!!

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Diamond R, Manager at Royal Sunset Beach Club by Diamond Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2019

Thank you for your wonderful review, I will share it with our Team. We look forward to welcoming you back to Royal Sunset Beach Club soon!.

Reviewed March 30, 2019

Recently spent a very relaxing holiday here at royal sunset beach club .facilities very good .staff very good .perfect position right in middle of restaurants, shops ,close to beach . Although close to amenities very quite.
Although close to restaurants we used the restaurant at the beach club most nights . The food and presentation of food showed us that the chef enjoyed his job.. would certainly recommend staying there . Hoping to return next year

1  Thank Alan S
Diamond R, Manager at Royal Sunset Beach Club by Diamond Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2019

Thank you for your wonderful review or Royal Sunset Beach Club! I will share your feedback with the Team. We look forward to welcoming you back next year!!

Reviewed March 29, 2019 via mobile

**AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID**

If you are not a timeshare owner you can 100% guarantee that you will be allocated an apartments overlooking the “vagrant allay way” irrespective of your circumstances.

We contacted the hotel prior to our stay advising that I’d recently lost my mother and requested the hotels assistance in making this break a stress free experience, they replied confirming that they would find a quiet room for us.

This couldn’t have been further from the truth, we were allocated a room overlooking the allay way. The allay way is a magnet for buskers, alcoholics, homeless (with their barking dogs ) and pretty much everything else you don’t want to overlook from your balcony - They congregate in their high numbers throughout the day and night making a complete nuisance of themselves. I went on to the balcony just once during our stay and saw a homeless man urinating against the hotel wall looking up at me swearing and laughing with a can of lager in his hand !

Like most holidaymakers and especially on this break we were looking forward to sitting out on our balcony to eat / drink however due to the issues outlined above this isn’t possible. Even with the patio doors shut you could still hear the drunks and their barking dogs until the very early hours of the morning, it was horrendous, we didn’t have one good nights sleep.

I complained at reception on the first day and asked to move room however, was swiftly told without any computer checks that the hotel was full and they didn’t have any other rooms available during our stay - this was a complete lie, I could clearly see rooms were available, this is obviously their standard response.

We were that upset, let down and tired due to lack of sleep that we ended our holiday short at the “vagrant ally hotel” and decided to check into another hotel.

Staff / Management are only interested if you are a timeshare owner, others are treated as second class citizens even taking into account my circumstances.

I complained to the hotel again when I arrived home - Nearly 3 weeks later I’m still awaiting a response, again illustrates that they only care about timeshare owners ! I’m sure they will be prompt in replying to this review with some cock and bull story / excuse, don’t be swayed by it, avoid this place if you want a relaxing holiday.

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank joannascott419

Many thanks for your review Mrs Scott, following your communication via Email with us.

We feel that your review somewhat contradicts our other reviews and and therefore I just wanted to take this opportunity to clarify a few of the things that you have mentioned.

Customer Satisfaction is of paramount importance to us and we try our best to accommodate everyone´s requests, including non members. Your commentary in relation to how we manage our allocations is quite incorrect. I have looked back at your email and the reply from the resort and can see that nothing was confirmed to you, when you requested a quiet apartment. I can see that you were informed that we had taken note of your request and we would try our best. Requests are just that - requests. Given that we have a resort that is almost always full, I am sure you can appreciate that it can be a challenge. Generally the Apartments looking over the passage at the side of the Resort are deemed to be the quietest, given that they are away from the pool area and that they are not on the main road outside. We are sorry that you feel that it wasn´t.

In addition as I have already explained to you in my email reply to you:

1. I have checked with each of the staff members who were on duty on the day of your arrival and they have no recollection of you asking to move apartments. None the less we were fully booked and indeed did not have an alternative available at that time to offer you. If this is something that we have missed, we are truly sorry.

2. I can also confirm that none of the other staff members recall you any complaints from you or any others about exterior noise or with regards to you asking to move apartments.

3. At no time did you ask to speak to me during your stay in relation to this matter. My business card is on the front desk and my office is next to Reception and the door is always open.

4. Our Security Team have not logged on their daily reports, any issues with Vagrants outside at any point during the dates of your stay. They patrol this area frequently during their shifts.

5. We have no other complaints from any other apartments of the same nature.

It is unfortunate that during your stay you were disturbed by people on the alleyway. However I am sure you can appreciate that we can not be held responsible for issues outwith the resort, that are not on property. All we can do is try to address it by calling the police and asking them to attend. In addition, I can also assure you that if and where possible we would always offer an alternative apartment. If not on the day, as soon as an alternative unit becomes available.

Mrs Scott, you initially emailed on the 18th of March and I responded to you on the 20th of March, despite being overseas and having an Out of Office message on my email. On my email, I assured you that I would respond upon my return, once I had investigated fully and you in return acknowledged my email to you and thanked me for informing you of this. As promised, I responded to you on the 29th March as soon as I was back on property. Therefore your commentary about waiting 3 weeks for a response not completely incorrect.

Once again, we are truly sorry that you had a disturbed stay. However I do feel that we should have been given the opportunity to address your concerns whilst you were here onsite.

Reviewed March 17, 2019

The resort itself is well looked after. Close to the beach and lots of shops and restaurants to choose from. We had a family holiday here and it was a very special time, one to be treasured. Thank you to all at Royal Sunset Beach Club x

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with RCI
Diamond R, Manager at Royal Sunset Beach Club by Diamond Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2019

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of Royal Sunset Beach Club. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!