On arrival greeted by Cava and an upgtade to a Villa (we booked a standard room). Taken to the villa on a golf buggy and bell boy (as hotel called him) unloaded luggage and gave us a tour of the villa and its amenties. Large canopied bed, sofa and fridge in living area. L shaped corridor to a dressing room, huge bathroom with 2 sinks, lovely toiletries that were refreshed every day, separate shower room and separate loo/bidet. Small garden outside with the jacuzzi and a great view over the resort
Villa was cleaned beautifully every day. Just outside our front door was a private garden with fabulous views over the coast.
Buffet breakfast excellent. Wide choice of meats, fish, breads, cheeses and fruit and a place where you could get fried eggs, omlettes and pancakes made fresh to order. There was the usual array of baked beans, sausages, scrambled eggs, mushrooms. Was very busy at 09.00. Best to go earlier or later.
Pool area spotlessly clean and well regulated - no towels reserved at dawn!
Pool bar/restaurant good if a trifle pricey for a snack.
El Buffet in the evening had excellent food but no atmosphere at all. We went at 21.15 and the waiters were more interested in clearing the tables and setting them for breakfast. We only had the one dinner there - at 40 euros each it was rather expensive. We used room service twice for a light evening meal. Good service and food piping hot and delivered quickly at a price that was very reasonable.
The hotel is out on a limb and it is a trek to the beach and back. A hire car is a remedy and can be used to explore further afield.
We found a couple of good restaurants near La Calleta for an evening meal and have recommended them in the restaurant bit of this site.
This hotel is an excellent place for a quiet retreat and good service. All the staff are cheerful and will be happy to help and assist in any way. I must say the 'musak' is a trifle irritating at times but try to be laid back about it.!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This wonderful hotel is located in the privileged zone in the South of Tenerife, Costa Adeje. Given it offers privileged views. It is of Colonial Canarian style, with tropical gardens and has an exquisite decoration full of harmony and elegance in each corner. Located only 500 meters from the Bahia del Duque Beach, it is in the proximity of the best Golf course on the island and is only 20 minutes from the Airport Reina Sofia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Splitty, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Vincci Seleccion La Plantacion del Sur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vincci Seleccion La Plantacion Del Sur Hotel Costa Adeje
- Seleccion La Plantacion Vincci
- La Plantacion
- Vincci La Plantacion
- Vincci Playa De Las Americas
- Vincci Plantacion
- Vincci Seleccion La Plantacion Del Sur Tenerife/Costa Adeje