We arrived at 'Plantacion' mid afternoon to a lovely welcome and glass of cava. Our room was ready and we were taken up immediately. Lovely, big spacious room, with fantastic views. We settled in and went for a nosey around. The first thing we noticed was that the hotel was quite quiet, which for us, was perfect. We had lunch at the pool bar, which was delicious ( expensive-ish, but it is a hotel!) and served by Chelo, who we got to know over the fortnight, and is fantastic!
Having been to Costa Adeje before, we knew where to go, a 5 min walk downhill to the beach, shops and restauraunts. (not a problem) Great retauraunts- Portofino- cheap italian- huuuuge portions and really well priced, La Nonna, intimate- more upmarket Italian, La hacienda- great ribs and fajitas- but bit expensive! The Plaza el Duque shopping centre- has a bar called Mogu- great burgers!! Rajissimo downstairs is great for light snacks too. We walked a few times to Playa Fanabe- 10 mins walk- (slightly busier and more touristy)- ate in the supposedly 'number 1 restauraunt in Adeje' according to trip advisor-DEFINITELY NOT!! Waiters were rude and ignorant, Food was disgusting- barely edible, we couldnt get out of there quick enough!! We highly recommend 'Gran Reserva' just across the way. It is a steakhouse, serves the best Chateaubriand, lamb, pork etc. The steaks were delicious. There were 11 of us- not a complaint amongst us- and some ate there 2/3 times!
Back to the hotel, we really have no complaints, we were on a b&b board- no complaints- the food was delicious and plentiful. Other guests said that the Gourmet restauraunt was divine, and we heard no complaints about the evening buffet. The rooms are immaculate- air conditioning not great, but ok. Cleaned to a very high standard everyday. If you want newspapers- you have to ask. Basically whatever you ask for- they will get it for you. The staff on the whole are lovely, Chelo,Lorena, Tono- especially. We initially thought the barman Moises was an awful grump- but we got to know him and he is ok- english just isnt great!
If were were to gripe about anything at all it would be the pool bar. The food is delicious- drink is reasonably priced, but...... it closes at 6.30!!!! We liked to lie at the pool until 7/7.30pm as did a lot of other guests. We really would have used the bar more if it was open later- it is too hot to drink alcohol in the day. We also would have had our dinner there frequently if it was open later. Even until 8/9 pm. The last hotel we went to in Adeje- the pool bar opened til 11pm and it was great! So if you are the manager- please consider this!!! We met a lot of guests who agreed- they would eat there in the evening!!!!
A lot of reviews have complained about drink prices- it is a hotel, and it is 5star. If you want cheap- go all inclusive!! I do feel that water/ soft drinks should be cheaper or even free as should ice lollies for kids though!
We will definitely visit Plantacion again, the hill is NOT a problem, even in the 34 degree heat- we walked up it ( and i am a hefty girl!!) taxi's are 3euro to the beach & 3euro back- or use the hotel shuttle! Staff are great, food is delicious, pool areas are fantastic- you ask for towels, matresses and you get asap! It is not a rowdy hotel- but if you want that- Playa is ten mins away!! We look forward to visiting again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This wonderful hotel is located in the privileged zone in the South of Tenerife, Costa Adeje. Given it offers privileged views. It is of Colonial Canarian style, with tropical gardens and has an exquisite decoration full of harmony and elegance in each corner. Located only 500 meters from the Bahia del Duque Beach, it is in the proximity of the best Golf course on the island and is only 20 minutes from the Airport Reina Sofia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Expedia, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Vincci Seleccion La Plantacion del Sur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vincci Seleccion La Plantacion Del Sur Hotel Costa Adeje
- Seleccion La Plantacion Vincci
- La Plantacion
- Vincci La Plantacion
- Vincci Playa De Las Americas
- Vincci Plantacion
- Vincci Seleccion La Plantacion Del Sur Tenerife/Costa Adeje