We have traveled to this hotel six times in the last three years. The reason we keep returning is that it offers exactly what we want from a hotel. The rooms are beautiful, we always stay in a Junior suite. The huge beds and well appointed bathrooms are a big bonus and the view from the terrace is truly breathtaking. However, our children have traveled with us and stayed in the the superior sea view rooms which are also quite spacious and equally as comfortable. We have never stayed in the standard rooms but looked at them the first time we visited and felt we would not have stayed in the ones overlooking the main road as it is so much quieter on the other side with the spectacular views of the resort and ocean. Also the Hermes toiletries that you get in the Junior suites are lovely.
One of the main benefits of this hotel is the kids club which is run by a fantastic girl called Angie. The club is one of the best we have ever experienced. They take the children on trips out of the hotel, like horse riding, mini golf and to the beach. When we arrive at the hotel the first thing our daughter does is rush to see Angie in the kids club and always gets a big hug. I cannot recommend Angie enough, what an asset she is to the hotel.
Although we have children and look for a child friendly resort La Plantacion is by no means overrun with children, there is always a quiet spot available around the pools and the huge bali beds are a real luxury if you can manage to grab one.
Breakfast is great. Always plenty of choice and lots of fresh fruit and eggs/ pancakes cooked to order. Lunch- we have only ever eaten at the poolside restaurant as we like to wander over from our sunbeds to the other side of the pool and have a couple of G&TS and then wander back for a snooze. the food is ok, not always great but perfectly acceptable. Service can be a little slow but, hey relax, you're on holiday. We don't tend to eat at the hotel in the evening as we like to go out, thats why we book a hotel thats just B&B> The staff have always been very friendly and always welcome us back with a smile.
Admittedly, the £ to Euro rate has made things like drinks more expensive but this is a top class hotel and prices reflect this. Do be prepared to spend alot on drinks.
Overall, this is a great place, with very high standards in the most SPECTACULAR setting. The hill doesn't bother us, thats why you get the great views. Anyway we always hire a car, but you could always walk down and get a taxi back so bear this in mind.
We have never visited in high season so I can only comment on February, May and October half term periods. There is virtually no entertainment apart from the odd band in the evening or aerobics in the pool but if you want to go away to relax and your budget allows then this is the place for you.
We love it here and will definitely return again.
ps Fab spa and we love playing golf at the Adeje course, arranged through the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This wonderful hotel is located in the privileged zone in the South of Tenerife, Costa Adeje. Given it offers privileged views. It is of Colonial Canarian style, with tropical gardens and has an exquisite decoration full of harmony and elegance in each corner. Located only 500 meters from the Bahia del Duque Beach, it is in the proximity of the best Golf course on the island and is only 20 minutes from the Airport Reina Sofia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Ctrip TA, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Agoda, Travelocity, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Vincci Seleccion La Plantacion del Sur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vincci Seleccion La Plantacion Del Sur Hotel Costa Adeje
- Seleccion La Plantacion Vincci
- La Plantacion
- Vincci La Plantacion
- Vincci Playa De Las Americas
- Vincci Plantacion
- Vincci Seleccion La Plantacion Del Sur Tenerife/Costa Adeje