I have just returned from this hotel (30/10/09) with my family. From the outset I would recommend this hotel, I always book top hotels on any of my trips business and pleasure. The reason for my recommendation for those people considering staying at this hotel is simply the staff make it, they are freindly and extremely helpful.
I would suggest that before booking H/B you travel to the hotel and try it for an evening, food not bad, probadly what you would expect from a hotel. If it is to your liking try and do a deal with the management.
Before booking this hotel I like most people done my research , mainly through trip advisor. The location of this hotel was a big negative i.e. the hill that you have to climb from the beach, however the staff can supply a people carrier to run you down to the beach 3 to 5 minutes, also collect you if you wish.
Restaurants in the immediate area, we didn't find that many good ones. I would recommend Biancos in the Safari Commerical Centre 13 euro taxi worth it, make sure you book. The other restaurant is close by a little fish restaurant owned by a family and run for 20yrs, can't remember the name but is in La Caleta.
Rooms, you need to be careful, I was aware that people had mentioned noise from the road and lifts, when I arrived I was shown to my room, very nice with a great side view of the sea.
However I didnt take any chances and immediately asked for a different room, I was immediately shown other rooms, I eventually decided to take an upgrade for 50 euro per night to a junior suite, room 117.
Fantastic view and a brilliant room, cleaners fantastic and very helpful.
I would recommend this hotel to most people, however if you have walking difficulties be prepared to spend a little money on taxis to get out in the evening.
Great view from this hotel, the staff really make it, also a point worth mentioning like most places in the world hotel trade is down, this is mainly down to the number of flights being cut back. This does not reflect on the price for eating out, still expensive, it is worth bearing in mind that you could try and do a deal for half board when you arrive at your hotel.
Also a good gym, just what you need after walking up the hill.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This wonderful hotel is located in the privileged zone in the South of Tenerife, Costa Adeje. Given it offers privileged views. It is of Colonial Canarian style, with tropical gardens and has an exquisite decoration full of harmony and elegance in each corner. Located only 500 meters from the Bahia del Duque Beach, it is in the proximity of the best Golf course on the island and is only 20 minutes from the Airport Reina Sofia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Vincci Seleccion La Plantacion del Sur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vincci Seleccion La Plantacion Del Sur Hotel Costa Adeje
- Seleccion La Plantacion Vincci
- La Plantacion
- Vincci La Plantacion
- Vincci Playa De Las Americas
- Vincci Plantacion
- Vincci Seleccion La Plantacion Del Sur Tenerife/Costa Adeje