My husband and I have just returned from a four night stay with bed and breakfast. Our check in was very quick and efficient and the hotel reception as with all areas of the hotel was very clean and well presented.
We thought we had booked an upgrade and when we asked at reception we were told we had but in hindsight I do not think this was the case.
We were in room 15 which is really spacious with a fantastic bathroom, the balcony was a good size we had a side sea view and I did like the view over the island. We were overlooking the road which was not an issue for us as at night we didn't hear the traffic.
Rooms are really very clean with a turn down service in the evening, we found the bed very comfortable and slept really well.
Pool side areas are beautiful and we always found space and it is so peaceful, the pool side bar/restaurant is great and we had lunch there one day, although be careful not to ask for a side order of chips as this will set you back 9 euros!
Breakfast has an excellent choice and the food is a good quality. It is served from 7.30 until 11am which we were appreciative of and we never found it busy as is sometimes the case in other hotels.
Staff are really friendly and pleasant.
Points to note:
Be mindful if you are staying in the next few weeks and you are in rooms (odd numbers) 10 - 19 as they are doing road works which is very noisy and goes on until about 7pm. We didn't mention this or ask to move as we were only there for a short period and were not in our room a great deal.
I think our room must have been over the kitchen as at breakfast and some evening times there was a smell of food in the bathroom area and we could hear the staff clearing plates etc. Again, it is not a massive distraction as we didn't spend copious amounts of time in the bathroom but when you are paying a lot of money to stay somewhere it is sometimes difficult not to get fastidious.
As per another review the hotel does not seem to have a bar area for the evenings, we went out every evening but I did not see anywhere to have a drink beforehand or when we arrived back. However, the plus side to this was the hotel was quiet all the time.
The walk up the hill is steep, it was more than manageable for us but it is about a ten minute walk to the front.
There is a lot to recommend about this hotel - it is aesthetically pleasing, a high standard of cleanliness, beautiful pool areas, room size, bathrooms, breakfast and friendly staff but I am not sure if I would return as it was a bit quiet for me and I am not sure that the price reflects what you receive in return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This wonderful hotel is located in the privileged zone in the South of Tenerife, Costa Adeje. Given it offers privileged views. It is of Colonial Canarian style, with tropical gardens and has an exquisite decoration full of harmony and elegance in each corner. Located only 500 meters from the Bahia del Duque Beach, it is in the proximity of the best Golf course on the island and is only 20 minutes from the Airport Reina Sofia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Vincci Seleccion La Plantacion del Sur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vincci Seleccion La Plantacion Del Sur Hotel Costa Adeje
- Seleccion La Plantacion Vincci
- La Plantacion
- Vincci La Plantacion
- Vincci Playa De Las Americas
- Vincci Plantacion
- Vincci Seleccion La Plantacion Del Sur Tenerife/Costa Adeje