We liked the slightly remote location apart from the terrible lack of connection to anything - beach or shops is a long hilly walk away, and the noisy traffic from the main road in front of the hotel.
The bed was very comfortable, the room was large, the view is great, the bathroom is well planned, the public areas a cool, generous and quiet. We liked the pools always finding somewhere to sit. Breakfast was excellent.
It was a great shame that my good impressions of the hotel were shattered when I asked reception for an additional room card for my partner who was joining me the next day, I was shouted at by an overly aggressive receptionist who felt the need to tell me that my partner 'must come immediately to reception on arrival with passport!' I accepted this demand and agreed that we would do this, however the receptionist continued to berate me very rudely.
By this point I had had enough and asked to speak with a manager Daniela Tadialova the Guest Relations Manager who witnessed the whole thing told me that the receptionist should not have spoken to me this way, however she did not mean offence. I then spoke to Adian Gonzalez - Deputy General Manager who said that they would speak with the receptionist - but was not really interested.
Overall I felt that the whole thing slightly spoiled my impression of the hotel, and whilst I found Daniela to be very pleasant, I thought she was ineffectual in dealing with this issue. Adrian was even less effective - he seemed to wonder round the hotel as if he was unsure what his job involved, and although we had discussed the incident chose to ignore me when we met again in the restaurant and reception areas.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This wonderful hotel is located in the privileged zone in the South of Tenerife, Costa Adeje. Given it offers privileged views. It is of Colonial Canarian style, with tropical gardens and has an exquisite decoration full of harmony and elegance in each corner. Located only 500 meters from the Bahia del Duque Beach, it is in the proximity of the best Golf course on the island and is only 20 minutes from the Airport Reina Sofia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, HotelQuickly, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Vincci Seleccion La Plantacion del Sur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vincci Seleccion La Plantacion Del Sur Hotel Costa Adeje
- Seleccion La Plantacion Vincci
- La Plantacion
- Vincci La Plantacion
- Vincci Playa De Las Americas
- Vincci Plantacion
- Vincci Seleccion La Plantacion Del Sur Tenerife/Costa Adeje