Wow, we started with a free upgrade to a Villa and my wife's e-mail about our anniversary had been noted and we were left champagne and chocolates in our room, 5* all the way!
The design theme leant a tranquil ambience to the main building and the pools while cold at this time of year are bordered by gorgeous tropical planting, coupled with lovely pool side beds where notices restricting reserving were duly ignored but all the same towels and deck chairs were freely available, again 5*. The let down was the overall food and drinks service both pool side, breakfast and evening buffet which was inconsistent and lacking 4 or 5 star polish. In comparison to others the evening Buffet was overpriced and under quality, service and ambience included it was strictly average, can't bare the scraping chairs!
Room service seemed to happen whenever, at 10 one day and 2 another and twice I had to request that the coffee and 'plastic spoons' were replenished. Outside of London I have yet to find a5* that has Nespresso machines in rooms or at the very least, decent coffee and dare I say fresh milk.
We weren't told about any offers in the spa and were not encouraged to sample anything, everything had a charge even the sauna and steam rooms which have been free of charge in many lesser hotels I've stayed in the past. It's a shame because it appeared empty most of the time, what a waste it looked awesome, but it's Expensive!
Having stayed in 5* in Sharm el sheik last year and cancelled it this year due to the trouble in Egypt I compared the two destinations all the time. Costa al Deja wins hands down all be the weather slightly temperamental, I've yet to make up my mind about hotels, The El duque might be next years option, although the loveliness of this might overcome my niggles.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This wonderful hotel is located in the privileged zone in the South of Tenerife, Costa Adeje. Given it offers privileged views. It is of Colonial Canarian style, with tropical gardens and has an exquisite decoration full of harmony and elegance in each corner. Located only 500 meters from the Bahia del Duque Beach, it is in the proximity of the best Golf course on the island and is only 20 minutes from the Airport Reina Sofia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Cheap Tickets and Travelocity so you can book your Vincci Seleccion La Plantacion del Sur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vincci Seleccion La Plantacion Del Sur Hotel Costa Adeje
- Seleccion La Plantacion Vincci
- La Plantacion
- Vincci La Plantacion
- Vincci Playa De Las Americas
- Vincci Plantacion
- Vincci Seleccion La Plantacion Del Sur Tenerife/Costa Adeje