We were very fortunate to be staying here for our 2nd time in the past 9 months!
Rather than just repeat everything word for word from my review back in September 2012 (all of which is still true!) I will try to help with information on location, rooms, food, and staff.
For me the location of this hotel is a key asset. It is built on a hill sitting up above the other 5* hotels in the area. As a result you have a hotel which gives you the most amazing sea views, whether in your room, on your balcony, eating on the terrace or around the magnificent grounds. From the terrace one night I could see no other hotel or building, just the hotel grounds and the sea; this must have been in the thinking when designed. You are about 500 yards from the beach and it is a steep hill but I think this can be overcome with either the twice a day courtesy bus, cheap taxis or (for most) taking the hill on and knowing you'll have earned some calories back!
I have also read that some have said only turn right out of the hotel (towards La Caleta) and avoid turning left (towards Torviscas) as it is a bit like "Blackpool". I would agree that the area to the right is quieter and a little more upmarket, however don't avoid turning left as you'll miss some good beaches, great views, and decent bars & restaurants. It is nothing like Blackpool.
Like last time we were on floor 2 (room 232) in a superior twin room with sea view. The location of this room was even better than last time with a greater sea view. I had hoped for an upgrade as we were here celebrating 2 events and in fact the hotel did say we had been upgraded (I think the room grade had stayed the same and perhaps it was the better sea view which had been the upgrade). Shame it was not to a Suite or Villa as others may have experienced but in no way is that to dismiss the quality and location of the room we had - it was great. Personally I would avoid rooms below floor 1 as they seem to have solid balcony walls which may interrupt your view if sitting there.
Our room was kept immaculate at all times (not by us!). Free wifi via vouchers lasting 5 days each.
Just as last time food choice and quality was very good. Far too many options to list but whether you are an avid meat eater, vegetarian, fish lover or love your cheeses there is plenty for you here. Our holiday included evening meal in the buffet restaurant (€35 per person if you pay whilst here). In the evenings there is low key musical entertainment as you enjoy dinner on the outdoor terrace looking out to sea. Perfect.
Most nights started with a complimentary cocktail to take into dinner. Most wine prices were in the €16 to €20 range.
They are fabulous! Friendly, efficient, courteous and so hard working. There are a few who are even better than the general high standard. Top of our list is Lkadi; on our 1st morning he greeted us with "this is your 2nd time?" and from that point on was a mixture of great fun/humour, incredible service, friendliness, and doing everything he could to add to our holiday. He would always find you the best table, sometimes randomly take your dinner plate off you and walk you back to your table with it, and never stopped smiling. I would go as far as to say he is the best employee I have experienced in any hotel I have visited - a real asset that the hotel should make sure they keep!
The hotel "would be even better if........."
1. It provided complimentary water/tea/coffee in the room.
2. It published some of its offers whilst here a bit better (in September we were given an "eat at the restaurant for €50" voucher - we asked guest services about it this time and nobody came back to us about it but we sensed other guests may have had it).
3. It changed the time of its turndown service away from the time most people are probably getting ready for dinner!
So that's it. Another great visit with great weather! Will be back either later this year, or next, or both. This is a fabulous hotel which is a very relaxing place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This wonderful hotel is located in the privileged zone in the South of Tenerife, Costa Adeje. Given it offers privileged views. It is of Colonial Canarian style, with tropical gardens and has an exquisite decoration full of harmony and elegance in each corner. Located only 500 meters from the Bahia del Duque Beach, it is in the proximity of the best Golf course on the island and is only 20 minutes from the Airport Reina Sofia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotel.de, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Vincci Seleccion La Plantacion del Sur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vincci Seleccion La Plantacion Del Sur Hotel Costa Adeje
- Seleccion La Plantacion Vincci
- La Plantacion
- Vincci La Plantacion
- Vincci Playa De Las Americas
- Vincci Plantacion
- Vincci Seleccion La Plantacion Del Sur Tenerife/Costa Adeje