My wife, 16yr old & I spent Xmas 2006 at Guayarmina. We booked with Thompsons.
We were encouraged by the reviews both here & on Thompsons own review site. And I'm pleased to report that it was indeed a very nice stay. Room was really nice & bigger than expected, We were in Room 251, which was one floor below the reception (I think!) - The lift operation, and how to get from room to pool, or to outdoors, or dining etc. was confusuing. It took several days to get it sorted, and I'm sure others will find it a similar challenge.
Anyway... the room was very nice, comfortable and we had a view of the sea over a small square/turning area and out over to the isalnds. Sunset was obscured from the balcony unfirtunatly, but the balcoiny was spacious but only 2 plastic chairs.
The general ambiance of the hotel was fab, waiting staff (all except one misery in the dining room) were superb, and the food was varied & excellent. I traveled with 2 vegetarians and they found the buffet each night offered so much choice. Drinks/wine with dinner prices weren't too bad, but a little pricey in & around the hotel generally.
The lifts were bonkers, as pointed out in other reviews. Some breakdowns whilst there. We all got stuck at least once between floors! - But these were being worked on whilst we were there.
Evening shows were alright. Nothing super special but as good as you'd get in most resorts of this type.
Very clean, cleaners in every day, although one roach did find our room! -
The attention to detail all round the hotel is excellent and sets a benchmark for others.
We did'nt have a problem with power? - My son was on his play station much of the time, so that was either pluged in or charging batteries. We also charged up camara batteries etc without fuss nor letter from management?
The excursions weren't cheap, but they were good. This is the first "Package" holiday I've been on in years, and the first with Thomson. It was really enjoyable and found Thomson's very professional. I'll use them again next year, and would whole-heartedly recommend the Guayamina Princess.
The sea front action is but a short walk away, but we were never disturnbed by the action from the front in the whole time we were there.
Beer & food can be cheap down on the front. Shop around, there are some great little beverage places there.
My 16 year old son hooked up with some similar aged kids from the hotel and whilst my wife & I enjoyed cocktails & Piano tunes, they were off exploring the sights & sounds of the sea frount. Beware!- there are bars down there teens will love, and the drink gets very cheap, So expect ignored curfews!!
I hope this review helps others as previous reviews helped us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel in Costa Adeje features an extraordinary architecture. The Guayarmina Princess with its gigantic pillars is located directly at the boardwalk of Fanabe beach. Most of the balconies look out over the the beach, the sea or Costa Adeje; the popular resort in the south of Tenerife. The large outdoor pool with its turquoise waters and several beach entries is surrounded by various areas for sunbathing. One sun terrace is for adults only. Daily pool and sport activities are organized by the entertainment team and include aerobics, water aerobics, archery, darts and boules. Furthermore the hotel provides table tennis, multi-use court, billiard and squash court. For the little guests there’s a mini-club, mini-disco, children’s pool and a children's playground. The main restaurant Guayarmina with live-cooking offers buffet-style breakfast, lunch and dinner. Furthermore the Guayarmina Princess provides an A-la-carte-Restaurant La Palmera (Snacks & and a la carte meals) as well as 4 bars. The terraces of the Mojito Bar and Sunset Bar with their stylish, bright white furniture boast stunning sea views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, TravelUp, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Guayarmina Princess Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Guayarmina Princess Costa Adeje
- Guayarmina Princess Tenerife
- Guayarmina Princess Hotel Tenerife/Costa Adeje
- Hotel Guayarmina Princess Tenerife
- Guayarmina Hotel Tenerife