Although some parts of Tenerife are known for their neon nightclubs and loud obnoxious 18-21year olds with little care for anything other than the bottle of larger that is clasped between their grotty fingers, Costa Adeje is certainly NOT one of these areas. It has beautiful brown sanded beaches (Playa de Torvicas & Playa de Fanabe), family restaurants and beautiful 4 and 5 star hotels. Of course it has its pubs and its street sellers, but they no way impose upon its natural beauty, or ruin your holiday.
The Guayarmina Princess Hotel is situated along the promenade, with numerous rooms facing the resorts glorious glittering ocean or stunning mountains, and is central to almost everything you need for a great holiday. Puerto colon, Las Americas and Los Cristianos are easily accessible via walking in one direction from the hotel and Playa del Duque/la Caleta are just as accessible via walking in the other direction from the hotel.
The hotel itself is gorgeous, with sweeping palm trees, huge white Romanesque pillars, marble flooring and floor to sky glass are only a few aspects of the Guayarmina that make it truly outstanding. The reception area is beautiful and the staff always appear helpful and speak extremely good English. The communal hallways, although could do with some modernisation are always immaculately clean. The rooms which have gone under a completely re-decoration are exactly what you would expect from a 4* hotel. White wide screen television, cream leather sofa, modern white furnishings, double beds, floor to ceiling tiled bathroom with very good power shower and a balcony with a sea view to die for, means i have nothing at all to complain about.
Some people may say the rooms are lacking some Spanish charm, but you cant have it all. The hallways with their cacti, tiled door numbers and wooden doors show off some of its Canarian culture, which works perfectly for me.
The room was very clean, with fresh towels made into swan shapes, fresh bath robes and an array of soaps to use.
The maids are all friendly and always happy to assist you whenever you require it. They do clean everyday, but they do provide you with a do not disturb sigh if you wish them to skip your room.
The 2 pools although not massive, are large enough considering the blue sea that’s waiting for you a few meters away. Towards the end of the day the pool does get a few leaves in it, but what pool doesn’t. Compared to the other pools I’ve been in, this one is amazingly clean and I couldn’t' really fault it. Yes its slippy, this is dangerous but so are most pools, you just need to be careful.
There are numerous sun loungers, and I never failed to find one, even in the afternoon. This may be different during peak August time, or school holiday times but ive been in July and September and there are always plenty available.
The Guayarmina has a Half board or Full Board option with Thomson, I don’t think you can stay self-catering, but then again why would you want to?
I know that Buffets don’t appeal to everyone, and some people seem to be offended by the mere thought of one, but I can’t really see why.
There is a wide choice of foods for breakfast and for dinner.
Breakfast - Croissants, pastries, numerous types of bread for toast, rolls, fresh fruit, cold meats, numerous cereals, hot sausages, bacon, chicken nuggets (a bit odd but fair enough), potatoes, bakes beans, roasted tomatoes, fried eggs, scrambled eggs...i could go on.... it really is endless.
Dinner - Steak, pork, veal, rabbit, chicken, pastas, salads, cheeses, chips, nuggets, numerous styles of potatoes, fresh fish, gazpacho, nachos, noodles, rice, again i could go on.
The dinner does have themes, Canarian and American (i think) and occasionally you might get a night where you're not over;y fond of a few things, but unless you are incredibly fussy, you will always find something delicious! i always did.
It warm and yummy (and I haven’t even mentioned the puddings)
The puddings can be a bit odd; i feel that the ice-cream and cake are probably what’s aimed at the Brits unfortunately. But there are lots of other things to chose from and I did get some porfiteroles one night which where gorgeous, and some coconut tart mmm.
There are other facilities, kids club, about 4 bars, sports activities, evening entertainment ect...but i never used any of these so of course, i cant comment.
Siam Water park & Aqualand are near by via a bus or taxi, which is good for children.
The Freebird trip to see the Wales and dolphins is lovely, but not with Thomson, they charge extortionate amounts! Book with them directly or via the man in the beach hut on the walk to Puerto Colon!
Overall i couldn’t fault the Guayarmina Princess Hotel or Costa Adeje. It may not be everyone’s cuppa tea, but it certainly is mine.
It’s stunning and peaceful and makes for such an amazing holiday, that I always dread the day I fly home.
I will, for the 3rd year in a row, be returning in 2010!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel in Costa Adeje features an extraordinary architecture. The Guayarmina Princess with its gigantic pillars is located directly at the boardwalk of Fanabe beach. Most of the balconies look out over the the beach, the sea or Costa Adeje; the popular resort in the south of Tenerife. The large outdoor pool with its turquoise waters and several beach entries is surrounded by various areas for sunbathing. One sun terrace is for adults only. Daily pool and sport activities are organized by the entertainment team and include aerobics, water aerobics, archery, darts and boules. Furthermore the hotel provides table tennis, multi-use court, billiard and squash court. For the little guests there’s a mini-club, mini-disco, children’s pool and a children's playground. The main restaurant Guayarmina with live-cooking offers buffet-style breakfast, lunch and dinner. Furthermore the Guayarmina Princess provides an A-la-carte-Restaurant La Palmera (Snacks & and a la carte meals) as well as 4 bars. The terraces of the Mojito Bar and Sunset Bar with their stylish, bright white furniture boast stunning sea views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, TravelUp, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Guayarmina Princess Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Guayarmina Princess Costa Adeje
- Guayarmina Princess Tenerife
- Guayarmina Princess Hotel Tenerife/Costa Adeje
- Hotel Guayarmina Princess Tenerife
- Guayarmina Hotel Tenerife