Reading some of the reviews on this website, anyone would think that this hotel was comparable to Baghram Airbase! However, clearly people have no idea what they have actually booked before they go!
I see so many people commenting on the fact that the hotel is 4 star but in their opinion isn't because of things like decor. Hotels aren't rated on decor, they're rated on facilities (gym, sauna, parking etc). All the rooms have recently been renovated to a very high and modern standard and cannot be complained about. So many people have said "This is not a platinum hotel". The Thomson brochure clearly says that they affordable 4 and 5 star hotels, so you're not going to get the Ritz or The Savoy! Platinum is part of the service you recieve, ie the extra luggage allowance and priority drop offs from the airport etc. As for the 4 star standard, this is where people really show how not-so-well travelled they really are, they should know that the star rating is different in each country, so you won't get the same standard as you would in the UK or anywhere else... I would go as far as saying that the European 4star exceeds that of the UK anyway.
Prices... Yes, you will pay a bit more. What do you expect? It's always more expensive in the hotel than out on the beach, but you have nice surroundings, security, good entertainment, reasonable happy hours, good service and not too far to head back to your room!
Food... Great selection and great standard! It's always difficult to ensure consistent quality when cooking batches of buffet style food, but the Guayarmina Princess have nailed it and got it perfectly!
Staff... Great staff. Cleaners are EVERYWHERE all the time!! The place is probably cleaner than most UK hospitals. Reception are very friendly and accomodating. I seen a few people on here say they were rude, chances are you were rude to them first? I always found them very friendly and only too happy to help! Especially Sofia and Angela! Thomson reps really know their stuff, very knowledgable and were always on hand if you needed them! Amy and Stewart spent loads of time helping us plan out all the different places around the Island that we wanted to see and told us all about their favourite places to go on their days off! You can really tell that they have done their homework and know what they're talking about, nothing gets past these guys!
Overall... A great holiday, can't wait to return again in the Winter!! Ignore the wingers, they really don't know what they are talking about!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel in Costa Adeje features an extraordinary architecture. The Guayarmina Princess with its gigantic pillars is located directly at the boardwalk of Fanabe beach. Most of the balconies look out over the the beach, the sea or Costa Adeje; the popular resort in the south of Tenerife. The large outdoor pool with its turquoise waters and several beach entries is surrounded by various areas for sunbathing. One sun terrace is for adults only. Daily pool and sport activities are organized by the entertainment team and include aerobics, water aerobics, archery, darts and boules. Furthermore the hotel provides table tennis, multi-use court, billiard and squash court. For the little guests there’s a mini-club, mini-disco, children’s pool and a children's playground. The main restaurant Guayarmina with live-cooking offers buffet-style breakfast, lunch and dinner. Furthermore the Guayarmina Princess provides an A-la-carte-Restaurant La Palmera (Snacks & and a la carte meals) as well as 4 bars. The terraces of the Mojito Bar and Sunset Bar with their stylish, bright white furniture boast stunning sea views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Guayarmina Princess Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Guayarmina Princess Costa Adeje
- Guayarmina Princess Tenerife
- Guayarmina Princess Hotel Tenerife/Costa Adeje
- Hotel Guayarmina Princess Tenerife
- Guayarmina Hotel Tenerife