“First time stay”

Ranked #33 of 58 Hotels in Costa Adeje
South Wales, United Kingdom
“First time stay”
Reviewed July 11, 2014

We arrived at the hotel and yes it was stunning. I emailed in advance to see if I could get a sea facing view high up. This I got and it was a stunning view and a very pleasant room. I knew we had to pay for the extras I wanted (wifi and safe)but felt that these are standard items in this day and age and with a 4*hotel, these should be included (along with a fridge). Having never been abroad before, I had no idea that long trousers were required for the dining area in the evening. On this we had to go out and find long trousers at a cost which I wish I had known about in advance. Also I was not aware that drinks at dinner time were to be charged for. I would have thought it would have been nice to have a free drink with our meal (all be it only water). The food was very samey. Not really and different every night. Did go out for a few meals as a bit boring eating the same thing every night. All in all, it was a very nice hotel, excellent location and very pleasant staff. I would return to this hotel now I know about some hidden extras.

Room Tip: Email a nice letter in advance. Room 3040 is right in the middle on the best side of the hotel.
3 Thank 814Helenp

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,160)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Reviewed July 10, 2014

We arrived on 23rd June until 7th July. We already knew about pool being done as thomson emailed us and letter was sent but we was told that all through our two weeks we would get full board instead of half board or we could go elsewhere. Which was nice about full board but we waited a year to go this hotel and awful options for different hotels! But when the pool finally opened (which is lovely now) this was four days before we left and we was told we had to then go back to half board !! Wasn't really fair as we had gone to this hotel as we were offered this throughout our stay and we had to put up with the drilling etc but then they still carried on with flower beds and taking rocks !!! Other than the disruption I would like to say that all in all the hotel was lovely. We emailed before we left for higher room on 3rd or 4th floor and that is what we got. We asked for sea view and that was amazing view.
Staff were helpful. Rooms were clean and tidy!! You do have to pay 5 euros for fridge per day and pay for safe if needed.
Once pool and areas were filled and replaced it is a lovely looking hotel. White tiles need to go all round as the old ones are very dangerous and slippy!!!
FOOD. it was lovely and tasty BUT every day was the same apart from now and then u get paella and a roast on Sunday but that only happened our second Sunday. We got really bored in the end and with noise of drilling and we spent more by going out. It is such a shame as beautiful hotel and staff but the restauraunt was a let down.
I never really complain but we felt their was not a lot of communication concerning pool whilst we was their from the managers and none if not any choices in the restaurant. I did see a lot of people complain and I will write to thomson. Such a shame though.
Thankyou to the staff and entertainment team who kept the pool area going with their keep fit!! I will go back if the restaraunt is more choice every day. !

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank Tazzywoowoo
Rudolfov, Czech Republic
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Guayarmina Princess was our third hotel we've tried in Tenerife. Photos in catalogues picture the hotel in the best way they can, and I think it is indeed one of the greatest hotels in the area as for price/value ratio. The food is well prepared and staff members are always nice. Rooms are also well equipped, however when you get a room to east, you hear air conditioning from the Iberostar hotel, which is quite loud, especially in the night. The other, and maybe last thing I lack is at least a small garden or maybe more flowers indoors. Nevertheless the location is brilliant - lift right next to the beach, good shops nearby and no extensive noise from bars and clubs. It's a great choice :)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank jseta
southampton, England
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Just returned from a weeks stay at the Guayarmina princess. I travelled with my husband and 17 year old son. We stayed in a junior suite on level 3 which is 1 floor below pool level.
We had a lovely, relaxing week and enjoyed our stay but there are areas which the hotel could improve on. I am going to list the positives and negatives about the hotel and holiday overall.
Positives:
- good location right by the sandy beach and close to bars and restaurants
- staff are friendly and aim to please
- junior suites have been updated and are modern and bright
- powerful shower in the bathroom, always had hot water
- great sea view from our junior suite (room 306)
- clean throughout room and public areas of hotel, including pool area
- fantastic swimming pool which has just been redone.
- lots of sun loungers around pool area. We never struggled to find a bed.
- good selection of food and food was of good quality
- fast response times for repairs (air conditioning and shower problem)

Negatives:
- hard beds resulting in hip pains and pins and needles in arms. Several others also complained about the hard beds
- movable beds - the bed is on wheels so slides about on the tiled floor quite a bit!
- uncomfortable and noisy sofa bed for 3rd person sharing
- bad smells coming from toilets and corridors
- no ventilation in bathroom meaning it gets very hot and steamy
- bathroom very old and gloomy
- additional costs - safe, fridge hire, water with meals
- drink prices - very expensive
- coffee only free with breakfast. No tea/ coffee facilities in rooms
- no free wifi which is a shame in a 4 star hotel nowadays.
- food in the restaurant is not always labelled which makes it difficult to choose and creates additional wastage for the hotel. Not good for people like me who have allergies.
- lack of accessible plug sockets in bedroom. I could not plug my hair dryer, straighteners etc. into a plug socket within reach of the dressing table mirror? There was a socket in the bathroom by the mirror but it was too hot and dark to do my hair in there.
Some additional information:
- walk to playa de las Americas took us about 45/50 minutes. Lots of bars, hotels and restaurants alongside promenade and sea views
- black sand beach close to the hotel, charges for sun beds and parasols, was either 20 or 25 euros for 3 loungers and a parasol which we thought was ok. Be warned you get pestered constantly by people selling massages, fruit, hair braiding etc.
- the hotel layout seems confusing for the first day or two but you soon get used to it.
- entertainment - this is either good or so, so bad it is funny. The magician was good, Michael Jackson act was not so good. Good entertainment in the old ocean fun pub by the beach.
- approx 10 English channels on TV in room
- Free wifi in local pubs if you buy a drink.
- trips with thomson - we did loro park, Siam park and mount teide which were all good but please note that the twin premium ticket for loro/Siam park does not include the fast pass as we were advised by the thomson rep. The ticketing system is also confusing as staff do not seem to understand the twin premium ticket well.

Overall we had a good holiday with some niggles but it did not spoil our holiday.

5 Thank t13kng
Burton upon Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Having stayed at the guayarmina princess for 11 nights, this was a fantastic hotel, good food, may be some of the rooms could be updated, staff are helpful, cleaning of the rooms and all around the hotel are spotless, thompson reps are very helpful

Room Tip: I emailed the hotel prior to our stay for a sea view room when we arrived we had a sea view room wel...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank karen b
Arad
Reviewed July 8, 2014

We were informed by tui.at before we book this hotel that there will be some construction in the hotel and it is possible to be noise and dust . We booked it anyway and we made the right decision ! Beside of some working in the pool area , which from what I saw ,it was minimal and protected there was nothing to spoiled our holiday . We didn't care anyway because we love sea/ocean&beach . Hotel is very good situated , on the main strip of the beach , one of the best in the area from what we saw . Don't listen to people which moan that it's overcrowded . If you book a room in a hotel with 500rooms it is somehow normal , but anyway there is plenty of space in the lobby , pool and restaurant and we didn't feel suffocated at all . Food was good and plenty of dishes to choose from. The only downside is the lack of free wifi (not even in the lobby) which for a 4 star hotel in 2014 it's a shame ! Overall we had a great vacation and I recommed this hotel .

Room Tip: Choose the sea view rooms !
5 Thank TNTArad
Sheffield
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Contrary to previous reviews and ratings of this hotel, having stayed from the 27th - 4th of July I would just like to say the pool maintenance wasn't as bad as previously stated. Main drilling was done and other than a bit of rockery re-sculpting (which was worse of construction) the noise/inconvenience was minimal.

Pool was finished by Tuesday 2nd afternoon. At which point our full board was downgraded to half board for the rest of the remaining holiday which I thought was a bit cheeky as Thomsons didn't state this before going, wasn't such a big deal for us as a couple but could be quite problematic for a family on a budget.

Before we went I emailed the hotel to request a high floor room with see view which the hotel thankfully did. We was on the 4th floor (4000+) rooms of the main building. Room was clean and average and great views of fanabe beach to del duque in the distance. I would recommend doing the same as the lower rooms under the pool especially look quite dull with poor views.

Location is great as right on beach with elevator down to the promenade, also between
San Euginio and upmarket Del Duque.

Other than that everything fairly good/average. Probably not worthy of a platinum going on food and also charge for wifi/fridge etc.

All in all though a really good holiday, wouldn't be put off by bad reviews.

• Stayed June 2014